It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators claim US money is funding Afghan warlords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Investigators claim US money is funding Afghan warlords

news.bbc.co.uk

Investigators say the US military has been giving tens of millions of dollars to Afghan security firms who are channelling the money to warlords.

Trucks carrying supplies to US troops allegedly pay the firms to ensure their safe passage in dangerous areas of Afghanistan.

The convoys are attacked if payments are not made, according to allegations in a US military document.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The congressional subcommittee that carried out the investigation says that bribes are paid to the Taliban and virtually every governor, police chief and local military commander whose territory the convoys pass through.

One of the security companies in question is alleged to be owned by two cousins of the Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

It doesn't come as a surprise to me that this corruption exists. So it seems that keeping the peace (lol) is not about fighting it's about putting money the right way.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

please use search function

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I did use the search function, maybe five different phrases. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Guys, in case you didn't know, 2 threads about the same subject are allowed to exist in different forums.

I'd suggest using the "alert" feature to let the mods know there are duplicate threads, and then let them decide.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I bet the money went off to the Mujahedin.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Karzai's brother is a billionaire drug lord who is also on the CIA payroll.

The Pentagon, congress & other government agencies want us in eternal war as a cover for their looting of the treasury for corporate welfare as well as all their other twisted agendas.

Homosexual orgies at the Kabul embassy to make sure all the guards are crooked enough to be 'trusted' [dirty, under blackmailable pressures].

The Pentagon & Alphabet soup agencies are raping America/Americans again.

It is an ancient story, that never gets reported.

top topics

join