It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honestly, Where Is All This Oil Coming From Exactly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Seriously. It's at Cuba now hitching a ride into the Atlantic. According to that NASA Applet about where it would be it will be up to Maine at 123 days from the start. Did we just undo the the ocean's plug like a bath tub?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Long ago animals walked beneath the ocean floor. When they died their remains were mixed with methane, benzene, sulfur compounds and magma.

In Obama's recent speech from the oval office he mentioned "fossil fuels" twice. So they must be fossil fuels. You think?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
chorizo is right. dinosaurs used to walk thousands of feet under the water, in the rocks, but thanks to the miraculous discovery of evolution, we've evolved to walk on these rocks and live in air. isn't science wonderful?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No, oil was created by god so that corporations could take it from our planet and sell it to us.

I think it's somewhere in the old testament.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I like the abiotic theory... particularly for oil under the ocean, but for our sake i hope it's not correct. Otherwise this gushing well may never run out.

www.enviroliteracy.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So this # exists in huge lakes or oceans underground?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Someone said in a different post yesterday that a huge comet hit the area now known as the gulf of mexico millions of years ago, creating the gulf and wiping out the dinosaurs, and that comet (or what's left of it anyway) is still there under all that water and we have just punctured it. That's alien oil baby!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Seriously. It's at Cuba now hitching a ride into the Atlantic.

Really? Do you have a link or picture to show that? I searched the web but found no solid story that it has already reached Cuba.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well the general scientific consensus is that plant matter ,etc. in swamps(on Land)
decaying over time and pressure becomes Coal. And a massive die off of
sea life due to hypoxia or other factors in the ocean causing all sea life to eventually settle on the bottom becomes (over time and pressure) crude
oil/methane gas. Something along those lines. So the presence of all that
oil around the world points to the event(s) of a massive die off of Sea life
animal, plant, plankton,etc. I remember reading somewhere that if the ocean
temps rise 6 degrees, the methane and other gasses would be released
causing mass hypoxia again, resulting in massive oceanic die offs again.
But, we all read a lot of theories these days don't we.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Well the general scientific consensus is that plant matter ,etc. in swamps(on Land)
decaying over time and pressure becomes Coal. And a massive die off of
sea life due to hypoxia or other factors in the ocean causing all sea life to eventually settle on the bottom becomes (over time and pressure) crude
oil/methane gas. Something along those lines. So the presence of all that
oil around the world points to the event(s) of a massive die off of Sea life
animal, plant, plankton,etc. I remember reading somewhere that if the ocean
temps rise 6 degrees, the methane and other gasses would be released
causing mass hypoxia again, resulting in massive oceanic die offs again.
But, we all read a lot of theories these days don't we.

isn't the oil in the macondo well that is currently gushing 18,000 feet below the see floor? how did all of that plant matter and dead sea life get all the way down there?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well the plates of the earth shift and some move down and some are forced
upward. Think of the Himilayan mountains, or the rockies, or the andes.
They are the results of plates pushing upwards. The ocean floor moving downwards 18,000 feet would be the explanation for your question. Also
remember the earth is constantly shifting. In fact where you are now, could end up
at the top of a mountain, or thousands of feet beneath the sea say a few
million years from now. Sooner or later.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Wildmanimal]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Seriously. It's at Cuba now hitching a ride into the Atlantic. According to that NASA Applet about where it would be it will be up to Maine at 123 days from the start. Did we just undo the the ocean's plug like a bath tub?

Damn it I thought for sure you would have meant something like:

What ever happened to peak oil?
Sure would be a good time for it to peak.
Or was that just another lie?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I cannot recall where I had heard this so it could be flat wrong, but I do recall hearing that the cavern (or whatever you call it) that contains the oil is approx. the size of Mount Everest ... so imo that's a lot of oil...

if that's what you meant by where is it coming from....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
My question is :

Is this reserve considerably larger then anything in The Middle East could offer?

Could the entire nation be coated in a half mile high sludge?

How is this feed being fed? Is this like the oil pool that sits under the continental plates that stretches across the planet?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Honestly, Where Is All This Oil Coming From Exactly?

I think I heard it was coming from some sort of a leak in the gulf of mexico?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4

Long ago animals walked beneath the ocean floor. When they died their remains were mixed with methane, benzene, sulfur compounds and magma.

In Obama's recent speech from the oval office he mentioned "fossil fuels" twice. So they must be fossil fuels. You think?

Never heard of creatures walking beneath any floor except for ants and stuff

2n you are right what ever Abomo (hail) is saying must be truth, he is the president for dogs sake

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

They didnt walk beaneath the ocean floor, Noahs flood burried them in sediments, then all the water gathered in one spot and became oceans.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hollow earth could be proven by this oil event, since the oil is coming nonstop.

I really do like the idea of an hollow earth.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What indeed is the status of oil prices? i dont pay for petrol so i dont check the prices when i pump petrol. i just fill up the tank and drive off.

seems the oil companies are keeping quiet for the time being. i suppose its hard to raise prices of oil when claiming a shortage of oil when they cant even stop the dam thing pouring out of the ground. imagine a burst water hydrant in the dessert and your selling drops of water for a million dollars. lmao yeah way to screw the pooch on this one boys,

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
What indeed is the status of oil prices? i dont pay for petrol so i dont check the prices when i pump petrol. i just fill up the tank and drive off.

seems the oil companies are keeping quiet for the time being. i suppose its hard to raise prices of oil when claiming a shortage of oil when they cant even stop the dam thing pouring out of the ground. imagine a burst water hydrant in the dessert and your selling drops of water for a million dollars. lmao yeah way to screw the pooch on this one boys,

Too many eyes are on OPEC and Big Oil as to not allow them to sneak any price hikes. If there are any hikes you think they got alot of eyes on them now, they spike prices and it will be more obvious and not to mention that every single American would organize a massive campaign to boycott all oil companies as fast as flies on manure.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join