It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I apologise to muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hi, I have been racist for the last 33 years of my life towards people other than the English, particularly muslims from Pakistan. I apologise to all that I have offended in the past and will try not to make the same mistakes in the future. I didn't think I was racist before but now I know that I was. I still have issues but will try my best to sort them out. Again I apologise for my past racism and realise I have been contributing to the problem.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by redzi0n]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That's good of you. You'll be surprised how many Muslims are respectful to the English people.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

No I wouldn't I've been on holiday to Egypt the past 2 years :p

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Dont know where you get that from..... Would not agree with that

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

Egypt has a large populace of Muslims. Africans rank after Asians as the highest number of Islamic followers.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was treated like royalty everywhere I went in Egypt they love the English.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

I think they love the Euros you had with you.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Just like how many westerners are actually respectful of Muslims. Except for hard-core idealist on both sides most people are not pidgeon holed by their religions beliefs. Most of us want to go about our lives in peace. It's the loonies in power that tend to stir up trouble.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

You hit the head of the nail with a hammer.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Human DNA can be traced back to ONE man. That makes us ALL brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badshotbones

Can you give the name of that man please? I hope you're not referring Adam from the Torah.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I used to hate all religeons, (particularly Christianity because it was forced on me), because they didn't make sense and just seemed to cause wars. But recenlty I've awakened to my higher self and can see that all religeons are true, just got a bit muddled over the ages.

Perhaps I may join in praying in a mosque next time I go now I understand what it means.

PS I refer to God as All That Is so I guess Islam comes closest

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

well, you know they say, i think, "it takes a real man/woman to admit the errors of his/her ways." if you're sincere, and it seems you are, you gave me a nice little boost of hope that humanity isn't as bad as it often seems. yo, respect.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by badshotbones
Human DNA can be traced back to ONE man. That makes us ALL brothers and sisters.

Not sure about the first sentence but I like the second.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badshotbones

Wrong.

Mitochondrial DNA allows us to trace back to the first WOMAN.

Close though.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the field of human genetics, Mitochondrial Eve refers to the most recent common matrilineal ancestor from whom all living humans are descended. Passed down from mother to offspring, all mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in every living person is directly descended from hers. Mitochondrial Eve is the female counterpart of Y-chromosomal Adam, the patrilineal most recent common ancestor, although they lived thousands of years apart.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

Very nice! It's good that you are willing to realize mistakes and set things right.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
May as well let it be known now. Those that hate for a persons beliefs can start hating me now.

I am a racist. I do not hate other races nor do I think I'm in any way better than other races.

It is hardly something that we don't see in each other as we first meet someone. We make a normal assumption that the person is Asian, French or one of the other races.

You may or may not wonder if the person is a member of a certain religious group. Many people believe those of Africian decent are naturally Muslim. From much experience I can tell you that is not true. I have attended many services at African Churches and find them to be of many religious beliefs. The many that I was involved with were of the Christian faith.

I looked like a like a marshmallow in a cup of hot chocolate. But I was treated with the utmost hospitality and respect.

But I assure you that I do not trust Muslims to not behead me one day.
Our faiths are like oil and vinegar no matter how you sugar coat it.

There you have it. I don't expect you to like it. But if those hypocrites among you will open your heart and look deep withing yourselves you will see the real truth that you feel you must hide to be politically correct or well liked by the majority of our members.

I prefer the truth. It is a coward that refuses to allow the truth to come from his soul.

OP this has nothing to do with your experience. I am speaking in general.
I believe your words are the truth as you believe it and admire you for saying such. Peace be with you.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i don't really disagree with anything you said dizzie ... it's just that, in generalized terms, for every moslem that would harm a non-muslim for not being moslem, there's a christian who would do the same to non-christians or anyone who didn't live the "right" life according to the "right" standards. so, consider not assigning "stereotypes" to an entire religion or ethnicity when the behavior in question is indicative of being a human. there's nothing wrong with fearing or not liking people who wish to do you harm. but there's so many christians that wish to harm so many other types of people (moslems, gays, hispanics, liberals, jews, ad infinitum), it's hardly a sign of, specifically islam, to hate.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i find it puzzling that theres so much fear and hate against muslims. im from cape town south africa and i live and work amongst people of different colors, race and religion. I am muslim and i have never experienced any islamaphobic behavour or anything like that. People get along just fine. I have jewish colleagues as well whom i work closely with. Thing is, the way i see it, is those that hate muslims and islam live in a world, environment that propergates hate towards Islam. They just dont know any better. Experience and research the true islam and im sure mindsets will change, just like the OP. Those that take things to the extreme are exactly that, extremists. Islam calls for moderation in all things. Those that kill and causd harm in the name of ISLAM are wrong and always screw things up for the rest of th muslims. I do not take things literally as they are in the quran, so i would apply principles and life lessons from it and apply them accordingly with the laws that governs us in this country. The quran is not a prehistoric book from the middle ages or whatever. To apply the things verbatim in quran in todays lifetime is barbaric. Instead it should be used in conjunction with th times we live in. apologies for spelling and gramatical errors as i am using my phone to type.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Isn't that nice. I'll like muslims a lot better when they quit flying airplanes into buildings and murdering people. When the quit strapping on suicide vests and blowing up children. When they quit murdering their daughters for wearing blue jeans. When they quit working toward nuclear weapons for the sole purpose of mass genocide of "infidels". When they quit stoning people to death because they don't conform to sharia law. If you want to believe that any murderous nation is angry because we didn't give them enough foreign aid, and tossing a few bucks their way would suddenly change their mind, be my guest, but don't apologize on my behalf, or on behalf of the american people, because most of us are aware that their "holy book" states that it's a good thing to kill all non-muslims you can't convert. How's that workin' for France about now. Here, let me apologize now. I apologize to all the people who will be murdered by this cult, for our leadership not using sufficient force to eliminate them from existence before they could get around to cutting your heads off or blowing you up while you ate pizza at the mall. I apologize for the Neville Chamberlains of the world, who upon hearing of your death will say "boy, I didn't see that one coming. Long live bacon.

join