It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA quietly giving benefits to Marines exposed to toxic water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

VA quietly giving benefits to Marines exposed to toxic water

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON — Former Marine Corps Cpl. Peter Devereaux was told about a year ago that he had just two or three years to live.

More than 12 months later, at 48, he still isn't ready to concede that the cancer that's wasting his innards is going to kill him. He swallows his pills and suffers the pain and each afternoon he greets his 12-year-old daughter, Jackie, as she steps off her school bus in North Andover, Mass.

The U.S. Department of the Navy says that more research is needed to connect ailments suffered by Marines such as Devereaux who served at Camp Lejeune and their families wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited to reflect exact headline

[edit on 6/22/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nice. I went to high school at Camp Lejeune from '89 to '91.
I'm just shocked that the government is even remotely acknowledging that they "may or may not" be at fault.
I remember going fishing with my step-dad & eating MREs for lunch. Now I wouldn't eat one if my life depended on it. Well, I might consider it if it were that serious, but DEFINITELY not if there are other food alternatives. There is no telling what the gub'ment puts in that stuff. My little bro just got out of the Marine Corps, but while he was in they were constantly giving those boys a battery of "innoculations." He's probably half-nanobot by now.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited to reflect exact headline

[edit on 6/22/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you follow the provided link youll notice that the Fact sheet on the contamination has absolutely NO mention of Benzine......

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Bad things happen to bad people.

second line

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
Bad things happen to bad people.

Are you saying he deserves to get cancer because he was a bad person

Many people have been poisoned by the water at Camp Lejeune. Innocent children got cancer from that water...are they bad as well?

The most disturbing part of this whole situation... the Government knew the water was contaminated. They tried to cover up the story instead of fix the problem.

Here's a local news site with some articles about the contamination.
www.wect.com...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ok - in an attempt to get this back pn topic - a basic question :

from the article - over a million people were allegedly exposed to this claimed " toxic water "

what is the slatistical morality rates for a 1 million strong sample for the cancers cited ?

the artical already admits that some camp residents had a degree of agent orange exposure - and marines served in GW1 & GW2

and every other exposure they had - both as marines and civilians

exposure to explosives , cordite fumes etc is expected for service personel

pluss incidences of smoking and alchol abuse

the list goes on - so anyone on ATS quallified to give an opinion on the cancer rates EXPECTED from a polulation of 1 million ?

top topics

join