It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop, Dallas Police Chief's Son Dead After Shootout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Cop, Dallas Police Chief's Son Dead After Shootout

www.foxnews.com

LANCASTER, Texas -- A police officer and two other men, including the son of Dallas' police chief, were killed in shootings at a suburban Dallas apartment complex, authorities said.

The officer was responding to a reported domestic disturbance around 6 p.m. at the apartment complex in Lancaster, just south of Dallas, when the call was upgraded to shots fired, police spokesman Sgt. Derek Clark said. When the officer arrived, an exchange of gunfire erupted and the officer was killed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is pretty sad news to hear the day after Father's Day. Apparently, this cop was a father of two. No matter how much people may not like the police or how many bad apples there may be, that gravitate towards the LE profession, it's always sad to hear that an officer loses his life, especially when he was only doing his job.

The thing that gets me about this story, is what was the police chief's son doing at the crime scene? Was he just a concerned citizen or neighbor trying to help? Could it have been something more sinister? He was arrested in 2003 on suspicion of selling marijuana but I guess time will only tell the degree in which he was involved. I hope that it doesn't turn out that this guy was the reason or at fault for the fatal shooting.

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just watched the update on the Dallas News and the Chief's son was the one who shot both men. So far they have no reason why he did it. I was reading your post hoping you might have more info than they are giving on the news.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

Yeah, I just picked it up earlier this morning from the national news. I was kind of thinking that the chief's son was at fault since they weren't releasing the third guy's name. What a shame. I believe the chief's son was involved with drugs and selling and all that. I know this is kind of superficial, but I wonder if the chief's career is going to be affected by this. Could you imagine the moral of the troops that serve under him? Anyway, thanks for the update.

--airspoon

[edit on 21-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here is additional information:

The son of Dallas Police Chief David Brown killed a Lancaster police officer and another man during a Sunday melee that left three people dead, according to a law enforcement official.

David Brown Jr., 27, was himself shot and killed by officers, according to the official.

A law enforcement source who is familiar with the case and who asked that he not be identified said Brown had been behaving erratically at the apartment complex where the shootings occurred, in the 900 block of River Bend Drive near West Pleasant Run Road in southern Dallas County.

Wearing boxers, sunglasses and no shoes, Brown apparently killed a man who had just pulled into the complex in his car with his wife and children.

A short time later, he shot and killed Craig Shaw, a five-year veteran of the Lancaster police force who was the first officer called to the scene.

"This community has lost a good officer, a very good officer. We are heartbroken," Lancaster Police Chief Keith Humphrey said.

Shaw, 37, a father of two, was the first Lancaster officer fatally shot in the line of duty.

The other man who was killed was 23-year-old Jeremy Jontae McMillian, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.

SOURCE: www.dallasnews.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This really chaps my hide.

I can't believe they authorized a funeral procession for a freakin' cop killer.

Lancaster police had many chances to arrest Brown Jr, last time was on Father's day when he pulled a gun on some guy at the pool.
Of course, Papa Brown instructed Lancaster po-po to give Jr special treatment, a few hours later Jr kills a cop.

Down with Brown!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Alxandro]

new topics

top topics

join