It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators introduce bill that would allow US to disconnect the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Senators introduce bill that would allow US to disconnect the Internet

rawstory.com

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), along with one Republican and Democratic senator, introduced a bill late last week that would allow the President to effectively disconnect the internet by emergency decree.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Read a bit through the article and you find our 'good' friend Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) and Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME) actually driving this bill together with Lieberman. It is a wonder that people are still voting for this cast of characters out of a Citizen Kane movie. This bill creates a new National Cybersecurity... read it as the NSA now being allowed to domestically spy and cut you off. Furthermore, any company that "relies on" the internet, telephone system or any other part of the U.S. "information infrastructure" would also be "subject to command" by the NCCC. I wonder if ATS would be allowed to continue..

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Would this only effect America?

As far as I know there is no kill switch available to leaders over here, i could be wrong tho.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is another topic here on ATS about this very same issue. It's also slightly longer in replies.

Other ATS Thread on "Kill Switch"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So when are they going to start the classes that will teach us how to speak the chinese language. It looks like they want to start ruling everything we and that sure seems like they are following in the way of china.Doesn't china sensor what they can see on the internet. Sounds like they want to do that here now does it not.They (chinese) already own us anyway with the debt that we owe to them.

top topics

join