It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP oil spill and illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Does anyone think that it is likely that they will have illegal immigrants clean up the oil spill? Instead of shipping them out or locking them up they could help with the spill and receive pay. Is this to far-fetched? What do you all think??

Or possibly BP could employ a bunch of unemployed americans. This would provide jobs help the environment and be good PR for BP.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Y2Zgt]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think it would be very bad to pick and choose when it is "ok" to use illegals for work.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thats true. I don't necessarily agree with my post. It's more of a thought & I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was a likely possibility.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are also a lot of unemployed legal citizens around, plus the people that have had jobs displaced by this disaster.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

BP already has an ad on Craigslist for workers

detroit.craigslist.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Woah good find! At least they are helping out the economy and somewhat!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

BTW, I found that link in another thread here on ATS.
I cant recall which one though.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know a history report on all of BP oil spills.

Because I am sure that BP has made other oil spills that hasn't been reported in the main-news.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by gordonwest]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
Does anyone think that it is likely that they will have illegal immigrants clean up the oil spill? Instead of shipping them out or locking them up they could help with the spill and receive pay. Is this to far-fetched? What do you all think??

Or possibly BP could employ a bunch of unemployed americans. This would provide jobs help the environment and be good PR for BP.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Y2Zgt]

Although i do believe that if we were to hire the illegals to clean up the spill, it would be alot cheaper.

but at the same time it is unnaceptable to let a job an american can do go to someone who is in our country illegally.

Legal Americans have my priority over illegals.

new topics

top topics

join