It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana lawmakers propose prayer to stop oil disaster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Which among the 4000+ gods/idols belonging to these 4000+ (conflicting) religions on Earth should we pray to I wonder, or doesn't it matter?

This might work if everyone were to pray to the one and only real creators of all this: GAIA! Of course, how can one pray for a fix and/or forgiveness to any god while still committing these crimes against nature? It would seem necessary to me that we would need to stop committing these crimes against nature before asking for any help from whatever god that may be in charge to intervene.

This whole ordeal isn't much different than how we would respond when a mosquito stabs us to suck out our blood. When a mosquito does that to us, we slap it DEAD! Logic would dictate that mother nature would and SHOULD do the same to us when humans stab her to suck out her blood. And I hope she does. Humanity deserves it .. well most, but not everyone, there are many that do actually care about the ecology and live modest minimal lives without all this excess that seems to be consuming the souls of so many.

I'm going to (unselfishly) pray to GAIA to do what is NECESSARY to protect the Earth from destruction at the hands of humanity, and if that means the extinction of humanity, well ... fine, it will be for the best and benefit of the majority of all the other life that populates this planet. The needs of the many outweigh the wants of the infestation. Humans BE GONE if that's the only way to save the Earth from destruction at the hands of the excessively needy wanty humans (a.k.a. planet trashers).

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Logarock

When Ike was coming down....looked like it may hit NO again they had a big prayer meeting....and the thing moved over and hit Texas instead.

How can you logically attribute the movement of Ike due to prayer, yet, Katrina hit despite the people praying.

Well...yanking the chain a bit but you having asked and all it may of had something to do with just plain ol over kill for NO. You know with them showing so much contrition and all...God just let Texsa have it. They should have prayed harder than NO?
Ray Nagin was just in better standing at that point.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

When Ike was coming down....looked like it may hit NO again they had a big prayer meeting....and the thing moved over and hit Texas instead.

How can you logically attribute the movement of Ike due to prayer, yet, Katrina hit despite the people praying.

Sorry but prayer will not change the weather, thats just silly.

For you yes. But then its really not important for you to know it can.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Don't you know anything? When Katrina hit, Texas was prayin' harder, silly. It all makes way too much sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Sorry but prayer will not change the weather, thats just silly.

For you yes. But then its really not important for you to know it can.

Here's your Illuminati card

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52fd50d25b8a.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Sorry but no. If that were my card I wouldnt be setting here right now.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Maybe New Orleans is like Sodom from the Bible(or is it Gomorrah?)
Where nothing but sinful stuff goes on.
Maybe this is how God is punishing the town.
Maybe there is a God.
Maybe not.
There IS an oil spill.
Prayer is useless for this issue. Like Mel Gibson said in signs,"We are Alone"

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Genesis 14:10 (New International Version)
10 Now the Valley of Siddim was full of tar pits, and when the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, some of the men fell into them and the rest fled to the hills.

We could only hope that the politians would fall into the tar pits.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Please God, almighty architect of the universe and all that is, was, and will be.
Hear our collective prayers and stop the stupid people from ruining our planet, and wasting every one on Earths time.

In baby Jesus name, so may it be.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Isaiah 34 (King James Version)

8For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

9And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.

10It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

So does this mean its Zionist fault?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That is what we need now. People need to wake up and see what is really going on, we do need God.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
And God is listening. My Tarot says consistently there will be victory in stopping the dreaded gusher, I get the WORLD card, which is victory but also some moves are involved.

So i'd get the hell out of Dodge, before a bus comes to get me, if i were you.

Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Amen. Amen.

Thank you Lord.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sunday, Why Sunday? Saturday is the Sabbath day! Or at least it is according to GOD! Or according to the book of Genesis in the Holy Bible, any translation you pick-up!
I think prayer for anything, would be more effective, on the day GOD blessed and made Holy!
But at any rate: I will definitely do my share of praying for an end to this turmoil! & Only GOD can heal the damage that is already done by this disaster.

Us sitting here jabbering about it isn't getting anything done! Might as well pray!

Oh BTW where was the part about spending tax dollars on prayer? I didn't see that! I think you should read that again!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by lizzyhock]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

That last part was a bit ironic. =P

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Hallelujah, brother ADVISOR, at the same time let us pray for the self righteous law makers that their tar money pay outs will burn deep in their greedy pockets

Amen.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Now did you need a lawmaker to spend tax dollars for you to do that?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah, well I think even God would be a bit overwhelmed these days and would have to prioritize his or her focus. The things we do to ourselves, especially when we know better, are probably near the bottom of the list. I imagine God's would be sort of like a responsible parent in some ways, allowing us to make our own mistakes and take our own consequences. Yeah. That would make sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFKNOLEG74

That is what we need now. People need to wake up and see what is really going on, we do need God.

Just curious how many people need to be awake before God cares?

If that is not what you are saying, forgive me. Just got me wondering.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Again.. no basic understanding of how faith works - or why it does work. People who have faith in God do so because of His teachings and the foundation those teachings provide for a structure for a better way of life. This makes God whether you can see him or not, come alive to those people.

So, 'God' is a male and not a female? Or is God whatever you want it to be?

Perhaps it's something you have to experience to believe, but that doesn't give you the right to say to others praying for this situation will do no good because for them who understand..

Sure it does - he/she has every right, as do I, to say praying will do no good for the situation. This is a forum of free debate and the person, like myself, are expressing our opinions, as are you and everyone else. So yes, we all have, the "right", as you put it, to say our opinion.

And I agree - I don't see how a mass prayer is going to do anything. If it helps the people praying feel better about themselves then excellent - I encourage that. But realistically, it will do nothing to solve the actual situation at hand.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join