It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of New Species Found off Tasmania!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just amazing i always enjoy looking at new animal species discovered, just shows how much more there is to mother nature than we can know.

-A Trichopeltarion crab found in the deep seas off Tasmania is among hundreds of unusual marine animals discovered in Australian waters.The new species of crab was found lurking around seamounts 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) deep about 100 to 200 nautical miles (185 to 370 kilometers) off Tasmania's southern coast.

A new species of sea star, or starfish, lives among deepwater corals about 3,658 feet (1,115 meters) below the surface in the Huon Commonwealth Marine Reserve, one of two sites recently surveyed by Australian researchers.

A new species of Plesionika shrimp probably won't be thrown on the barbie anytime soon. That's because it was found living at depths of 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) off the coast of Tasmania.

A new species of Ophiomitrella brittle star was captured during a recent survey of two marine reserve areas off the southern coast of Tasmania.

Spiky but fragile Ophiacantha brittle stars are among the hundreds of newly described species found off the southeastern coast of Australia.

The seamounts, or underwater mountains, can sprawl 15.6 miles (25 kilometers) wide and rise thousands of feet from the seabed.

A species of Amphioplus brittle star found in deep Australian waters is among the hundreds of newly described animals recorded by a Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) expedition.

Link

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I love it when people find new species! They are always so interesting.

These are kinda snot-like though, which is okay. Just an interesting observation.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Those star's [2nd to last picture] are actually Chicken Stars from Carl's Jr.

Okay no not really but thats what they look like
. And pretty cool. I wish we'd find new species of mammals sometime soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I thoght people would enjoy looking at new sea life discovered even though millions will die with the oil spill

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just goes to show that there may be many more secret creatures lurking beneath our oceans.
They all look barbequable to me!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
I thoght people would enjoy looking at new sea life discovered even though millions will die with the oil spill

Cool link! S&F...

It's good timing actually, we can be happy that the world will continue to evolve despite our overbearing presence.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Lemon pepper shrimp. Mmmmm.

2nd

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

I wonder how they taste like they look more plump then other shrimp

top topics

join