It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syncronicity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok, true story that just happened about an hour and a half ago.

My friend comes by and asks if I want to walk her dog with her. Having spent a while on ATS, I say sure. Some fresh air would be nice.

Her dog is elderly, and a real sweet dog, and usually full of pep despite his advanced age. It is pretty hot today, and we dont get very far into the walk and her dog starts acting a little odd. He seems unsteady on his feet, and keeps trying to lay down. So we rest him, and then try to get him to walk again so that we can get him home, as now it appears he is not doing very well.

I am becoming worried that he is being affected by the heat, and say that from now on, we will have to bring water. As we try to get him home, he begins looking worse and walking unsteadily. I am now very concerned about him, and begin looking for mud puddles or hoses on people houses or anything we can use to get him a drink. Just as I am about to suggest we go and knock on a door, we walk up on a bottle of water lying on the side of the road in the grass. (This is a residential neighborhood with little traffic. ) The bottle is still cool and has moisture condensing on the exterior. It has not been opened.

We cant believe our luck, and I open it, and give the dog a drink, which he gulps gratefully. So on we go, trying to get home, stopping every couple of minutes to give him another drink until the bottle is empty. We are still a way from home, and he stops again, but this time we have no more water. Until my friend points out just a couple feet ahead of us............yup. Another bottle of cool unopened water, this time lying on the opposite side of the road under a tree. Thanks to this, we make it back to my house, and I drive them both home.

I know it could just be coincidence, but for us to find two bottles of water, just when we need them, on two different streets seem remarkably odd to me.

Has anyone else had any "too good to be true" coincidences lately?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh wow that is pretty odd. I have alot of weird experiences with synchronicity. And it seems to be happening alot lately. But to not only find one bottle, but two, thats definetly pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have a huge amount of it in my life and it's been that way for a while. I think it's always something that involves the universe speaking to you. What you describe sounds made up, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and I'm believing you.
It sounds more like luck, but it's still pretty cool

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't remember the last time something like that has happened to me, but it happens somewhat frequently and I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That is interesting about finding water laying around like that. Maybe people were out walking and left water behind unintentionally and you found it.

I would still be wary about the dog. In our area many dogs are dying of Parvo. Our vet said there was an outbreak of it.

Since it lives in the soil, if you have ever had a dog in the yard that died of that, you need to put something into the soil to kill the remaining Parvo.

We had a dog leashed in one area of our yard when I was a kid. One day it was fine and happy, then we found it the next day just dead. It appeared to be very sudden and we didn't even notice the dog appeared sick at all.

Later we leashed another dog in the same area, because it was a shady cool spot, and this dog also just dropped dead.

So if you ever have a dog die like that, you can't put another dog in the same place. I think if you go to a farmer's coop they can give you something to put in the soil.

That is just how it happens and in the course of a day or two, a dog can die of that. The first day they lay around and don't eat much. Then they may have diarrhea. If it is very hot outside they dog can dehydrate quickly.

Sometimes people don't even notice anything wrong with the dog until it is too late.

I think if you get them to the vet in time, they can get fluids into them in enough time and save them with antibotics. But sometimes it is too late.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Like jordan maxwell says.

I do not walk our dogs, so no nothing strange here.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That's an awesome sync, where actual matter appropriated itself to you.

The bottle was made weeks ago, filled up, shipped out.. everything happened in a way that made you get those specific bottles. The odds of them being left where you could get them at that time are staggering.

just like everything else in the universe.

everything is astoundingly ordered. The implications of a solar eclipse!

This one isn't too crazy, but I was watching an old superman movie two days ago and at 12:22 a rocket on screen with the notation of XK-11. k is the 11th letter so it was rocket number 22. it was just strange that at minute 22, there was a 22 on screen.

It's making me think that some synchronicities are not "special" or "alive" but some are merely effects of some hitherto unforseen action. Like how water will always flow to the same place if it's the quickest route.

Like there's a grid, and since media and movies and people and everything on earth isn;t seperated at all, naturally speaking, from nebula and atomic particles, than we should expect ultimate intricacy, in every thing.

The universe created Pacman.

why?

This is just as strange to me as a profound sync, at times.

also, your mandelbrot avatar synched big time with me seeing as ive been drawn back to the study of fractal sets.

Peace, cool threead!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is ATS "psychic"? Coincidences in ATS.

I've reached the conclusion that "synchronicity" is a rare occurences (even among ATS members) but it is indeed existed.

The title of this thread alone, synchronicity, is also a proof of that. I've been thinking about that particular word since yesterday, all night actually.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Na i know it exists, but irony plays a massive role in the world more than synchronicity does.

Like the way if you do not like females, and they never can accept this, it is total bloody irony, that i had to put up with them in my life at all, when i did my best to keep them away.

Irony rules and it can ruin your life like it did mine.

Like how i have never ever committed a crime, and the police spent 18 years trying to frame me.

Now my life is full of irony.

Like how i have been passive all my life and i have not hit anyone since i was 13 22 years ago, but society tried to make up the opposite.

Amazing how much people cannot accept they are wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That is awesome about the water!
A few years ago I was out helping a friend and we ended up in the middle of nowhere with no money and no gas in the pouring rain. We found a funky little country store and pulled into the parking lot. It was pouring rain. My friend was completely hopeless & I tend to look for solutions. We figured we only needed $5.00 to get us back, believe it or not. I figured I'd just got try to borrow the $5.00 from someone in the store, while my friend kept telling me how stupid that was. I opened the door to my car, looked down, and a $5.00 bill floated out in the puddle from beneath my car! For real! I said, "See! No worries! You just need a little faith!" He just gave me a very strange look and has never once spoken about it.

I have things happen very frequently - always have.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Synchronicity is a funny thing if you think about it.

The dog and water, had synchronicity to each other as you experienced.

Now if all events are related to synchronicity, then you have to ask, when we don't notice a synchronized event like in the gulf of mexico, what information are me missing to see what the synchronicity of that event was?

We really need to look closely to find what what synchronized to that event so that we can better understand why it happened in the first place.

I would say that 99.99% of us just don't see it for we always focus on what happened not what other factors synchronized with it. Just like 9/11 the synchronicity with that event was just astronomical to say the least but we all just focus on the event, there are no answers there only questions.

Theres more to this that just synchronicity that we are not aware of.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
THAT is really cool. Sometimes I do think stuff like this happens for some reason. You should talk the dog into buying a lottery ticket, lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I can promise you it is not made up.
I am a lot of things, but an attention seeking story teller is not one of them. What happened yesterday was just too strange to let slip by without mentioning especially since I am often skeptical about things of this sort.

I dont know that that was manifestion. But it was a remarkable coincidence or synchronicity. What struck me the most, what made it seem most like a synchronicity was that just as my mind was the most insistent that I HAD to find water for that dog, even if that meant knocking on a strangers door, (and I am not the door knocking type) we walked up on the water bottle. The clarity of what I had to do was nearing perfect when we found it.

The second bottle was just too weird, it was almost like...I dont know, proof maybe. The first bottle I would have written off as remarkable luck, and had already started joking about it with my friend. But two strokes of remarkable luck at such a pivotal moment just seemed to me like, "Here you go, non believer, rationalize this."

It just made me wonder about the whole manifestation thing, or synchronicity thing, and I thought I would share it. But you are wise to be skeptical, you dont know me, so you cant know for certain I am not making something up. I am glad to see a critical mind, even though in this case, I am the one being scrutinized.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Lol, thats funny you should say that, because my friend and I were joking about the exact same thing. And we joked it was too bad we hadnt decided the only thing that would make him well was a winning lottery ticket, which hopefully would have materialized on the side of the road as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Love it, it happens all the time if you are aware.

[edit on 103030p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
That's an awesome sync, where actual matter appropriated itself to you.

The bottle was made weeks ago, filled up, shipped out.. everything happened in a way that made you get those specific bottles. The odds of them being left where you could get them at that time are staggering.

You know what else I found staggering? The temperature of the water. It was a hot day, thats why the dog was overheating. It was the middle of the day, (I dont recall exactly because I dont wear a watch but somewhere around noon-1:30ish) and the water in the bottle though not ice cold was perfectly cool. So cool the moisture was condensing on the outside of the bottle.

That means that water had to have been dropped or put there relatively near the time we found it. It wasnt like it had been there all day, or from days ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wow, amazing story, S+F
Thanks for sharing.

I can't think at the moment if I've ever experienced synchronicity myself (I have experienced one or two 'odd' occurences in my lifetime though) but I certainly believe stuff like that can happen, it's the sort of 'unexplained' event that I love to read about.

As the water was so cool compared to the hot day, I guess the bottles were placed there / appeared there just in time for you to get them

Cool post
And glad the wee dog is ok

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What I took from it was "the quality of mind is key."

It wasnt like the aimless daydreaming we do about lotteries, or even helpless desperation, the quality of my thought that "I am going to get this dog some water no matter what I have to do" was so crystal clear.

I am sure it is similar to the thought the person had about the five dollars.

I dont know if "awareness" is the word I would use, it was calm, sure, determination that this WAS going to happen, the dog WAS going to get water. I just didnt expect that a bottle was going to appear out of nowhere. I also wondered if the selflessness was key. Maybe because it wasnt for me I was more willing to get firm and determined. If it were me out there overheating, I probably wouldnt have thought to knock on doors for water. I would have tried to unobtrusively sit in the shade til I felt better.

I dont know. But it did strike me that the "quality" of thought was important. Its another part of the reason I posted, I wanted to see if other stories about it belied the same singularity of mind. The five dollar story certainly seems to.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

This one isn't too crazy, but I was watching an old superman movie two days ago and at 12:22 a rocket on screen with the notation of XK-11. k is the 11th letter so it was rocket number 22. it was just strange that at minute 22, there was a 22 on screen.

Interesting. Now that kind of synchronicity I dont think I would have noticed. My brain simply would not have run the numbers that way. But since you mention movies, now that I think of it, twice recently when a friend mentioned a movie, (one was Sargent Paine of all things) that movie came on TV that night while I was looking at channels for something to watch, and I was able to understand the comment he had made using the movie as his illustration.

Maybe awareness IS a part of it, not in creating the synchronicity, but in being aware that they are happening all the time.

*Edit to add, or maybe it was "Major Paine" I cant remember now, but it was a movie about a drill Sargent type guy that taught at a private school. A comedy.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Interesting story. Though I have to admit the concept of synchronicity bothers me. Because, really, how does one explain an "acausal relationship?"

This isn't to say I don't think there's something to it, just how does one apply logic and reason to two events that seemingly have no connection other than being personally meaningful and/or improbable?

This question's really been nagging me. Especially as I've tried to rationalize away, ala Laplace's Demon, a series of freakishly unlikely events (1 / 2,550,236,901,67714,513 times less likely to happen than winning the Mega Million jackpot) that have some sort of connection to this scarcity concept, as it specifically relates to Merkabah literature.

Randomness as a potential explanation just isn't tenable. However determinism, i.e. Laplace's Demon, isn't much better and leads to some extremely uncomfortable conclusions.

There is no nice middle-ground.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Xtraeme]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join