It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Costners Centrifuges(32) bought by BP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Today on a dutch news site I read the news that Kevin Costner's centrifuges for separating the oil from the water where bought by BP all 32 of them. They can handle 800.000(liters) of water each. That's 25,6 million liters of water that can be separated from the oil that is then picked up for storage in containers of ships. That's amazing. Thats about 7 million gallons of water.

There are some other forums speaking of the new development in the oil drama but it has not been discusses here much within there own threads. So here you go.

source1

source2

source3

Related thread I started some time ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by AquaTim84]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think BP bought them just to shut him up.
I don't see how they could possibly do any good other than separate the oil that the skimmers are picking up. You can't just attach a hose and throw it in the water, the hose would have to just barely touch the surface since the oil is not very deep and to keep the end of the hose just skimming the surface would be impossible in the open ocean where their is waves.
It would need some sort of attachment that skimmed and collected the oily water and basically that equipment is already out there.

Its gonna be interesting to see how they implement these things.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

You know unfortunately I had the same scary thought that BP just bought them to shut him up. But it would be far to dangerous for BP to do it that obviously wouldn't it?

And yes it is a tricky operation, but 32 of those devices implemented in the right way could keep the oil away from beaches and wildlife resorts.

I don't hope they just bought them so that they can collect more oil for profit...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Topic already posted [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread584719/pg1]here[/url.

Please contribute to the pre-existing thread.

Closing

top topics

join