It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "last word" forum/thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure others will agree, but I would really like a closing thread (forum) where one can comment on a prolonged session and get some distance.

It might have some stock clicks like:
Rate your session experience on ATS/BTS: 1-10
Comments:
Last word: (closing comment):
Going to...: eg. sleep, listen to Iron Maiden, whatever (optional).

For example: "I'd really like to share with everyone that my long session was great. I'm a bit surprised that out of my 2 threads tonight the one I least expected took off, and the real conspiracy thread lingers. I think I also learnt that lengthy Youtube videos are best avoided. It was memorable, without any misunderstandings (unlike my session earlier this week).

I'd rate it 7 out of 10.
It was a safer evening, but also had less firing discussion."

That kinda stuff ... I mean it should all be optional, but a nice way to close a session.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I'm not sure others will agree, but I would really like a closing thread (forum) where one can comment on a prolonged session and get some distance.

It might have some stock clicks like:
Rate your session experience on ATS/BTS: 1-10
Comments:
Last word: (closing comment):
Going to...: eg. sleep, listen to Iron Maiden, whatever (optional).

For example: "I'd really like to share with everyone that my long session was great. I'm a bit surprised that out of my 2 threads tonight the one I least expected took off, and the real conspiracy thread lingers. I think I also learnt that lengthy Youtube videos are best avoided. It was memorable, without any misunderstandings (unlike my session earlier this week).

I'd rate it 7 out of 10.
It was a safer evening, but also had less firing discussion."

That kinda stuff ... I mean it should all be optional, but a nice way to close a session.

In theory it's probably easy to do but in practice I can see all those people pointing out the flaws and saying it leads you nowhere. A pretty interesting idea, though.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undesirableusername

Thank you very much!
I'm surprised that actually got a response.
I just find that after a long session where one navigates various threads, there is usually an overall feeling that one may want one to share, but that doesn't fit into any any specific thread.
More like an overview of several hours of your life spent on ATS and why they were significant.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by undesirableusername

Thank you very much!
I'm surprised that actually got a response.
I just find that after a long session where one navigates various threads, there is usually an overall feeling that one may want one to share, but that doesn't fit into any any specific thread.
More like an overview of several hours of your life spent on ATS and why they were significant.

You're welcome
I think this overall feeling can be rather contentious if talking about everyone involved and if it's just about thread's creator, then they could do it. From what I've seen on here, though, it'll probably take time.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
We used to be able to express ourselves in a similar way to what you are referring.

R.I.P. Mutter.

top topics

join