It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin boasts new jet fighter better than U.S. plane

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Daedalus3
reply to post by paraphi

Well I can point out at least 2 wars my country fought in which Soviet/Non-American aircraft outclassed their American counterparts..

Indo-Pak wars of 1971 and 1999.

The Syrians faught the IAF on several occasions with "superior" airframes as well and we know how that worked out.
Read the "details" and you'll se the jews cheated, thats how they won against an enemy that out numbered them.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

But it seems that the best airframes the Syrians ever fought with were the MiG 21Fs and the worst the Israelis ever fought were the Mirage III and V (Nesher), so Im not sure where you see the Syrians having the edge in any engagements with the Israelis.

Sorry I was speaking to the 6 day war where you could make a case that the Mig 21 was a bit better in some aspects when compared to the A-4's etc that the IAF was flying.

The IAF would win out IMHO because of superior pilot training and tactics not because of a better airframe.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER
Read the "details" and you'll se the jews cheated, thats how they won against an enemy that out numbered them.

Cheated? There is no cheating in a war esp. if you win. Its that simple.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Cheated? There is no cheating in a war esp. if you win. Its that simple.

Let me put it this way, the Ashkanazi jewz (who call them selves israelis)
started out by waiting till 2/3 the Egyptian Airforce were on thier cofe break to bombed the 2/3 of the Airforce out of commision, had they NOT have did that I assure U they wouldn't have won, maybe I choose the wrong word to discribe (cheated) what I waz meaning.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You nearly pipped me to my point, which is that I think that soon (perhaps well within the lifespan of these units) air superiority will be decided not by a few manned jets defined by their prowess in a man2man/unit2unit dogfight, or ability to get a highly expensive pilot away from missiles, but by who has the most and best UAV/drone and missile tech/force(I suppose you could add space and laser/alt energy devices too) with which to overwhelm their enemy and whatever craft they encounter.

I think that Putin knows that too and this statement is part saber rattling, part flag waving propaganda, and part sales hype directed at whoever they can convince to invest/prop up these very, very expensive programs, whilst they switch to more affordable and probably desirable UAV-centric models?

[edit: in that sense, F22/F35/Typhoon etc. are already looking obsolete...and very expensive, best look for some foreign buyers to minimise the financial hit...]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's just a copy of the F22
Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

May I recommend an early eye test, sir. Your blurred vision may cause you problems.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by James Battleworthy

Well it will be in their best interests to be on Russia's side!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

Putin boasts new jet fighter better than U.S. plane

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Prime Minister Vladimir Putin climbed into the cockpit of Russia's newest fighter jet on Thursday and said it would trump a U.S.-built rival, the F-22 Raptor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

THIS IS BS, WE NOW HAVE UFO TECH, OH AND BY THE WAY, NO UFO'S WERE INVOVED. ANTI- GRAVITY TECH, get some, get some. TESLA, TECH. HELLLLOOOOOOO.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

Well if they 'cheated' the Egyptians were 'stupid' enough to relieve 2/3s of their air force at one time for a coffee break! That seems like a blooper of highest order!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION, WE NEED NO OIL AND I CAN PROVE IT.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sorry I was speaking to the 6 day war where you could make a case that the Mig 21 was a bit better in some aspects when compared to the A-4's etc that the IAF was flying.

hmmm... So here's the thing: I don't think the A-4s were operational in time for the 6 day war.

Here's a good record of A2A kills by the IAF in 1967:
s188567700.online.de...

Note that there are some interesting kills of MiG 21s by Gen 2 a/c like the Ouragan and the Mystere but I suspect those being the 'coffee kills' (still not sure of the validity of that story but 'coffee kills' sounds like fun!).
The link however does say A2A kills only so who knows!

The A-4 saw service later but then again that was mostly in anti-tank roles. There were some notable dogfights (Col. Dotan) but those were with
MiG-17.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well if they 'cheated' the Egyptians were 'stupid' enough to relieve 2/3s of their air force at one time for a coffee break! That seems like a blooper of highest order!

Not az STUPID az a nation that supports people who support the killing of their God, and have been caught NUMEROUS times doing back stabbing thingz, looks like it's people like thats R the STUPID ONEZ, and I can truly laugh at that

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Not az STUPID az a nation that supports people who support the killing of their God, and have been caught NUMEROUS times doing back stabbing thingz, looks like it's people like thats R the STUPID ONEZ, and I can truly laugh at that

Yea.. sorry.. I totally didn't get that..

but it seems you are digressing into areas best left outside this forum.

Still this coffee break thing.. splits me up! And after a bit of reading.. it seems you are partly accurate in this matter!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Can't they make something that doesn't look like the F-22? I love the whole Flanker look but this? It's basically a Raptor chassic mixed with a Su-27. Either way an AMRAAM up it's arse will solve the problem.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous reply

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
Can't they make something that doesn't look like the F-22?

You must be blind or unexperienced because it looks nothing like a Raptor to me. Last time I checked, the US builds blocky fighters that require advanced computer flight control systems to keep them in the air; Russia actually designs fighters with smooth characteristics so they can demonstrate much more advanced maneuverability.

And really, are you a 5th generation fighter engineer? Because if you are, I would like to see your designs of a better craft.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

When commenting on whether or not others are 'stupid' it is always a good idea not to use stupid spelling!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by nastalgik
Can't they make something that doesn't look like the F-22?
Last time I checked, the US builds blocky fighters that require advanced computer flight control systems to keep them in the air; Russia actually designs fighters with smooth characteristics so they can demonstrate much more advanced maneuverability.

With that statement you demonstrate a lack of understanding of why most modern aircraft are designed to be aerodynamically unstable, including all modern Russian designs - being aerodynamically unstable but stabalised by fly-by-wire systems means the aircraft can be more efficient and more manoueverable than an aerodynamically stable airframe.

The F-16 was the first aircraft to be deliberately designed this way, and thats definitely not blocky - and imho neither is the F-22.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice

The F-16 was the first aircraft to be deliberately designed this way, and thats definitely not blocky - and imho neither is the F-22.

Now, if your name was Richard Pearse, I might pay attention to your opinion about aeroplanes....

....sorry, New Zealand aviation joke there :/

Edit for speelingk

[edit on 11-8-2010 by aorAki]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join