It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 2010 UFO Flap Over Georgia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Four rather interesting sightings have been reported to the Mutual UFO Network from residents of the state of Georgia within about the eight days or so. Pretty striking similarity between two of them.

And we also have these two independent YouTube videos from Atlanta which appear to show a single event filmed from two separate vantage points.

This one is a two parter:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

This one's just a monoparter:
www.youtube.com...

Here are the MUFON reports

2010-06-09 Circular object with 8-10 lights beneath it hovering in one spot near busy intersections in Atlanta , Ga

We were traveling in a car heading North onto the ramp of I-75/85 North from Peachtree Road. I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car and noticed lights in the sky. That caught my attention. I looked above and saw a circular metal dome shaped craft with 8 -10 bright lights beneath it. It was about 8:45 p.m and not dark yet so it was clearly visable. The only problem was that we were traveling at about 60 MPH and could not pull over on such a busy highway onramp to re-look at it. I noticed it was odd because it was not attached to any poles or towers. I thought at first maybe they were lights from a tower, however when i focused on it again, I clearly saw that it was not. The object seemed to be about 200 feet in the air to the right (from my perspective), of a 4 -5 story building. It was not very far up in the air, I thought maybe it was a blimp at first but once I focused on the object I saw the lights pulsating in a little and back out. It was just hovering not moving at all. It was very clear and because we could not stop the car, it was lost from my field of vision. We drove back about an hour later and it was gone. Unfortunately I didnt go through my purse to get my phone-camera and take a picture because I didnt think about it at that exact moment, and I didnt want to take my eyes off of it. Especially because I was trying to point it out to my friend driving the car, but he couldnt see out of my window that far up, and drive safely at the same time.

2010-06-10 Large pulsating white sphere

"Standing outside taking puppy out and pulsating light above caught my attention. At first I thought it was just an airplane but as I watched it there were no wings and no other lights as planes have and it was way too low to be a plane, and the light made it clear that it was a perfect sphere. Then I thought maybe helicopter but my husband came out and said it couldn't be, there was no sound and the light was not anything explainable.The pulsing was a very intese white light then to nothing. It continued moving South west very slow and the pulsing was continuous. I noticed a smaller light hovering underneath that didn't appear to be attached. At a certain point it slowly traveled more to the left, and change in path too hard for a plane to do, over the tree line at a field behind my house. Then it moved even more over to the left and seemed to hover in that area for a few moments and then it was gone. We were constantly moving to maintain a clear view and there is no way this was explainable. The light underneath never moved,it was with the object the whole time. Sadly my phone was in the house and I didn't want to take my eyes off it, not sure if I should beleive what I was seeing.

There was lightening in the distance. And I could see stars although in our area there were some clouds. We did confirm the diffenece with several airplanes that passed at different times and there was a total difference. Where we are locATED We can see the shapes and lights of planes easily, and there is always sound, with this there wasn't and it moved in odd ways and disappeared without decending."

2010-06-12 Bright white sphere. under clouds, traveling extremely fast from south to north.

"Sitting in back yard, facing western sky, looking at stars, fairly clear weather, scattered clouds, but good visibility, 10:30pm. At 10:45pm, a very white bright sphere appeared to my left, in south sky, approx 45 degree angle looking up, and traveled to north. What got my attention, was the brightness, the tremendous speed it was going, no noise, in a straight line, no trail. It was under the cloud cover, as I observed it the entire time which was only approx 3 seconds to cover the distance from south to north across the entire sky. I knew it definately was not a jet, as the speed was tremendous, it was, I'd estimate at a height and size of a jet passing by, but way too fast. My thought was perhaps a satellite. Any response to what you may think this was, will be appreciated. Thank you. I also when I first noticed it, thought it was a falling star, or meteorite coming down, but there was no change of color, no trail, no deviation in its path. At that speed, could only think UFO. After it passed north to my right, it just disappeared into the sky. I sat for another half hour, and observed the sky, wondering if I should contact you, and if anyone else reported such a sighting. Thank you for your time. (* deleted wit's name, SGonzalez/CMS)."

2010-06-15 A low flying very bright almost circular object flew south for about 4 seconds then disappeared. I was on I-95 headed to Florida.

I was driving with some of my family down to Florida on I-95. On not one, but TWO separate occasions I noticed the same low-flying, very bright object dart across the sky at dazzling speeds with no tail and then suddenly disappear. Everyone in my car was asleep but I woke them up to tell them the story. It was so absurdly noticeable that I expected there to be an uproar about it online but I only found one small article! It was very fast but I'm shocked that more people aren't asking questions.

MOD EDIT: Add proper external source tags. Please read: Posting work written by others.
[edit on 19-6-2010 by Orkojoker]

[edit on June 19th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I am not real sure that these are something other than planes coming in to land at the airport here in Atlanta.If you look close you can see what appears to be a blinking strobe that planes have. I may be wrong, but you can see the same type of lights around the airport when flights are incoming. Just have to wait and see I guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There is no Flap.

The original poster of these vids, ses76 is friends with Alison Kruse.

That most certainly doesn't help his case one bit.

It should also be made known that the Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport is the busiest airport in the world.

It is also only 7 miles from the centre of Atlanta.

Oh and here is part 3 of OH MY GOD!!!! UFO's!!!!:

Maybe someone from Atlanta pinpoint where this guys is filming from, so it can be proven to be nothing more than airplanes circling, waiting to land at the worlds busiest airport.

[edit on 19/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Cannot pinpoint exactly where this is shot from, but Hartsfield/Jackson airport is southwest of Atlanta.He mentioned downtown so he would be watching somewhere between south and southwest to see storms coming in to Atlanta.You can see the same thing in other areas of the sky depending on what runway is being used. In am just east of Atlanta and have planes coming over me all the time and see these lights. If you were to go out and sit on I 285 near the airport you can see them all night.
In fact it sometimes looks like he lights are just sitting stationary until they get closer then you see it is a plane coming in. Look closely at the lights and you can see the flashing white light.I am pretty sure if there was something out of the ordinary somebody would have said something on the news. I mean we do have CNN headquarters here in Atlanta plus our local news stations would have mentioned these strange lights.So I am willing to say these are nothing but planes.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My birthday is on June 14. I am in Georgia. I always say I get UFOs for my birthday.

Years back, when I first got interested in UFO's, I searched a database of sightings. I put in a few dates...put in my birthday....wow! lots of hits. So anyway, it wasn't long until my birthday, and sure enough, there were a ton of UFO sightings that week. And there usually are.

So I am not a bit surprised. I get UFOs for my birthday, what do you guys get?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hi Chad; As near as I can tell from the vid you posted the area is just about mid town Atlanta from what I can tell; the lightning flashes are towards the west/northwest, and the main expressway traffic visible should be I 75, which runs north/south thru the middle of town.

I do agree that most of the lights are nothing more than conventional aircraft; however, notice that there are several smaller, dimmer lights that are behaving in a very un-natural manner, sudden changes in altitude and direction while moving a lot swifter than the larger craft.

Interesting...

seeker

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dobbins Air Force base is in Marietta, close to Atlanta. A lot of budgets reset in July.

I figure a lot of the mid-June increase in sightings is last minute demos and flight tests to help lock in future funding.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Maybe someone from Atlanta pinpoint where this guys is filming from, so it can be proven to be nothing more than airplanes circling, waiting to land at the worlds busiest airport.
[edit on 19/6/10 by Chadwickus]

-----
Proven? Doesn't anybody actually look up anymore? Airplanes, nothing but airplanes orbiting the airport during a weather event. If this is what passes for a UFO event nowadays, maybe it's time to shut off all the recorders.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jlmB70

Check out the Alison Kruse link I posted above.

This kind of thing has gotten out of hand.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I dont understand why people can not see these are PLANES. So obvioulsy planes. Shouldnt be a doubt at all.

Why do people jump to UFO!!!???? before making sure they are not planes.

Chadwickus is correct - this is ridiculous out of control.

Planes. They are everywhere in the skies!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jlmB70

I agree these videos are dumb beyond belief. I suppose anyone new to Atlanta (or any modern city with a busy airport) could be easily confused. There is queue of planes circling Atlanta nearly 24x7 all year round. Depending on how busy the airport is the queue can extend all the way in to Alabama. They follow a path one after the other very slowly as they orbit the airport.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They are obviously aeroplanes (not "airplanes"). What do you expect when you film the night sky above an airport?!

Jesus H

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I agree these videos are dumb beyond belief. I suppose anyone new to Atlanta (or any modern city with a busy airport) could be easily confused.

What is there to be confused about. I swear the people filming this stuff must have been living in a dark cave their entire life and have never seen planes flying in the air.

I do not get these people at all. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OK roll with me on this, at 0:55 3 planes in perfect view but the one top and left makes an abrupt weird move. other than that "THE PLANE BOSS THE PLANE"
Its not mid town more like looking S.W. from Buckhead

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
OK roll with me on this, at 0:55 3 planes in perfect view but the one top and left makes an abrupt weird move. other than that "THE PLANE BOSS THE PLANE"
Its not mid town more like looking S.W. from Buckhead
Go back to 0:38 and observe the 2 smaller lights heading from right to left towards the brighter light moving from left to right; as they approach the first of the 2 bright lights both swoop vertically and then converge towards the 2nd of the two and are not acting in a manner I am accustomed to seeing in the busy skies over Atlanta.

Due to the lighted towers visible as the vid pans I am inclined to believe still that it is towards the southern end of mid-town close to or around little 5 points. As far as the possibility of being flights out of Dobbins NAS they are not normally operating this far south of Marietta and /or over Atlanta; perhaps GEL or someone can capture stills or perhaps an animated loop from the 0:38 to 0:59 mark.

seeker

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I am pretty sure that some of the movements are from the camera movement. Depending on the distance and the different altitudes will make it seem like they are moving around funny. I have seen lights like that when I have driven on I 285 around the airport at sunset and later and have seen lights that look like they are just sitting there until the plane gets closer then you see it is a plane.Also for him to get a storm in the vids that would probably mean he is looking towards the west(either north or south)he would be looking towards the airport area.

The ones that look like they are faster could be helicopters from our news channels. If you look hard all of these things have blinking lights from planes. If they aren't helicopters they could be smaller planes that are going to one of these municipal airports.

DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (KPDK) Chamblee
Fulton County Airport / Charlie Brown Field (KFTY) [West] Atlanta
Cobb County Airport / McCollum Field (KRYY) Kennesaw
Gwinnett County Airport / Briscoe Field (KLZU) Lawrenceville

They also could have been going to a private airport. As far as I can see all of these things have the white strobe or blinking light that all planes must have.

top topics

join