It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was the Universe truly created?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticulan
reply to post by sirnex

Thanks! I'll read up on it

en.wikipedia.org...

Hopefully you enjoy it, it's an interesting theory based on real world provable physics instead of all that hyped up fictitious theoretical garbage based upon an inaccurate model. It's just a shame that this isn't taught in k-k12 school, maybe if it were then we could be teaching our children to think properly and to not accept anything with a catchy tune as an absolute fact like that idiotic video posted on page one!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by America?

The Big Bang wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion of time and space.

We honestly don't know where the matter and energy to create the singularity and our Universe came from and we don't know what caused the Big Bang. Science is okay with not knowing, even thrilled by it at times, mysteries are part of what gives life meaning.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

Setting aside science for a moment, do you think something can come from nothing?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChickenPie

I don't know. It doesn't make much sense to the way we humans currently understand things. One thing seems obvious, the stuff that went into the singularity already existed before the Big Bang.

Where did all that energy come from? We don't know. Did it come from nothing? I have my doubts but science doesn't know so right now it as much a subject for philosophy as it is for science.

I think my question would be: Can there even be Nothing?

You know how darkness is just the absence of light right, well Nothing is the absence of things but where does that exist? Even SPACE, as empty as it seems, is filled with particles and photons (and of course all the other forms of matter and energy).

Science thus far has only tracked it back to the Big Bang, as far as we know it was never NOTHING and there's always been something... but who knows what discoveries the future might hold

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by America?
... how could something come from nothing? If you could tell me what you think that would be greatly appreciated.

sure, first let me be nothing and i will let you know what happens after that...

wait a minute ... where did we come from???

how can something come from nothing???

sure, first let me be nothing and i will let you know what happens after that....

wait a minute .... where did i come from???

how many laws exist right now that govern over you?
can you please pay people more money to make more laws that no one can live long enough to learn, let alone comply with....

... how could something come from nothing? If you could tell me what you think that would be greatly appreciated.

sure, pay your taxes and we are on it!!!

sure, first let me be nothing and i will let you know what happens after that...

i'm sorry ..... i'm lost ....

how many mandatory requirements (laws) are there?
i want to have a "home", am i welcome?
how many expectations are required of me in order to conform with what is needed according to you in order to be your good neighbor??

who am i and where did i come from?

as far as i know i originated from nothing.

oh, you think i'm a liar?

just some thoughts,
ET

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

No, but if it is possible it is beyond me. I was recently thinking about how the universe was created and posted this thread as a question and have gotten great answers.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It was created like this:

nothing = 0

0 = -1 + 1

the -1 is apace and the + 1 is matter.

Tada! I created something out of nothing!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I don't know. It doesn't make much sense to the way we humans currently understand things. One thing seems obvious, the stuff that went into the singularity already existed before the Big Bang.

Where did all that energy come from? We don't know. Did it come from nothing? I have my doubts but science doesn't know so right now it as much a subject for philosophy as it is for science.

I think my question would be: Can there even be Nothing?

You know how darkness is just the absence of light right, well Nothing is the absence of things but where does that exist? Even SPACE, as empty as it seems, is filled with particles and photons (and of course all the other forms of matter and energy).

Science thus far has only tracked it back to the Big Bang, as far as we know it was never NOTHING and there's always been something... but who knows what discoveries the future might hold

I don't know either. Moreover, the idea that there was always something is more or less just as mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Its the uncertainty principle. Literally its unkowable becaaue to know it is to change it. it works like thisL

What is GNU?
GNU is Not Ung.

what is UNG?
Ung is Not Gnu,

Whithout white there is no black. Without something there is no nothing, because one describes and defines the other. Therefore a singularity is unknowable because to know it is to be something other than it, and therefore it is not longer a singularity but a circular argument.

God is infinate. Who can know him?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join