It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 1 mln evacuated in China over flood threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

More than 1 mln evacuated in China over flood threat

"BEIJING (AFP) – More than a million people living along rivers in China's south have been evacuated with water rising to dangerous levels, state media said Saturday, as torrential rain continues to wreak havoc.

The government said more than 1.4 million residents of riverbanks and low-lying areas had had to move, according to the official China Daily.

Zhang, Zhitong, deputy director of the Office of State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters, said China's second largest waterway the Pearl River, which crosses the south, had breached warning marks on Thursday.

Torrential and virtually unrelenting rain has battered large swathes of China's south since Sunday, triggering devastating floods and landslides that have killed 69 people."

"The National Meteorological Centre warned on Saturday of more rainstorms to come, a day after it issued an orange storm alert -- just one level lower than the nation's most serious red alert."

Thats alot of people that are being evacuated, and for the next 3 days there will be rain the article states.

I hate to say it, but I wonder what next part of the world will be hit by some disaster.

Source

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The Chinese Goverment really wants the people to move closer together for new, larger cities.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
The Chinese Goverment really wants the people to move closer together for new, larger cities.

The NWO likes it like that, it's easier to get rid of a whole bunch of people in one swoop when they are all bunched up together like that. It's also an easy way to take their land away too when nobody is around to watch the family homestead. Their government can run around checking out everyone's home too while vacated. China cares nothing for the safety or concern of it's people .. err, I mean slaves .. iPod making slaves. Lets hope they make it to safety, otherwise made-in-china will start to cost us more.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Floods seem to be in the news all the time lately and I also wonder where the next big flood will be.

Also, how do you evacuate over a million people when it is raining and flooding? Wonder how this would work in the U.S., where would everyone go?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

China does have the "china's ipad", not the ipod. Just a quick message.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ignoring the idiot above with his slave remarks im in Jiangxi province in south china in one of the areas affected over the last few days and it is fricking lashing down as i type. Today is the heaviest rain i have seen so far.
Tomorrow here is expected to be 60% worse. Just as well i can swim good hey?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Ignoring the idiot above with his slave remarks im in Jiangxi province in south china in one of the areas affected over the last few days and it is fricking lashing down as i type. Today is the heaviest rain i have seen so far.

Stay safe out there to you and your loved ones. Let us know whats going on if anything progresses. But let that be the least of your worries. I hope this will pass soon, and will get any worse. There's always sunshine when the clouds clear.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

China cares nothing for the safety or concern of it's people .. err, I mean slaves .. iPod making slaves. Lets hope they make it to safety, otherwise made-in-china will start to cost us more.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

SO let me get this straight... You hope those affected people make it to safety because your worried the cost off goods will go up? Are you a *snip* *snip*? i bet your from the USA arnt you.
At least the Chinese government have started evacuations.... What did the US government do in Katrina? Oh yea either left you where you are, moved you to a stadium to be gang raped by thugs, shot you or confiscated your guns and also refused aid to be allowed through your checkpoints to reach those stranded.... WAKE UP YOU ****!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Master Shen long]

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Stay safe out there to you and your loved ones. Let us know whats going on if anything progresses. But let that be the least of your worries. I hope this will pass soon, and will get any worse. There's always sunshine when the clouds clear.

Thank you for your kind words, luckily where im situated is on high ground although i am worried about those small villages on the lower plains and river banks. Thank you

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

A Question to, Master Shen Long.

Sorry to ask. Is it true that the Chinese Goverment really wants the people to move closer together for new, larger cities?

It is basicly what I have seen/heard in the news.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Master Shen long

A Question to, Master Shen Long.

Sorry to ask. Is it true that the Chinese Goverment really wants the people to move closer together for new, larger cities?

It is basicly what I have seen/heard in the news.

I very much doubt it... Everywhere i have traveled here new buildings are popping up at an amazing rate all over the small towns and vilages. It seems all the minor towns have new shops and homes while the major citys are expanding at a normal rate same as anywhere.

Although this is only from personal experience. I dont claim to know the true nature of the government here but from everything (not all) i have read on the internet it seems to be happening or happend in the opposit direction here.

E.G
1 child policy has been abolished here (most people are unaware in the west). And while it was implimented (by Bush snr i may add for $) it was not enforced like has been reported. My chick who is 20 has 3 sisters, herself a twin. But that defys the western perception that chinese could only have 1 kid. A student in my class has 5 brothers and 9 sisters. Another student has 11 brothers but yet the 1 child policy was in effect then.

There are many things wrong with this country the same as all countrys (swings and roundabouts) but i feel safer here as a foreigner than i do in my home country of England. The police here are very low key, they are some of the most friendly people i have met. You never hear sirens blasting through the streets, gun crime is a none problem, There are no drugs (very few if any), people look after each other, The school education system is WAY WAY above UK standards. all kids are required to go to school by law. Hell, even the border cops are friendly. Government officials act like your a celbrity when they meet you and the biggest thing is PEOPLE ACTUALY SMILE AT EACH OTHER IN THE STREET!!!!!
That dont happen in my home city, you cant go to the shop without the threat of a mugging or a beating.

All in all, low wages and Capitol punishment aside i love this country and its people and i wish the rest of the world had the same attitudes as the chinese ( my GF asked me when we where first together why the americans hate the Iraqi men women and children so so much that they want to kill them all, she said she didnt understand because they and the afghans were not involved in 911. Work that 1 out)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Floods and landslides across southern China have killed at least 88 people and left 48 missing in a week, Xinhua news agency said on Saturday.
Torrential downpours triggered flash floods, inundated crops, disrupted traffic and telecommunications, forcing the evacuation of 757,000 people, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said in a statement, Xinhua reported.

China's disaster relief departments raised the emergency response level on Saturday after more floods hit south China and as authorities forecast more rain to fall in coming days.

af.reuters.com...

The death toll will keep rising

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This happens every year in China. Just the annual monsoon. No less worrying or damaging all the same. And sadly a great many people do lose their lives to flooding in China every year.

It's been bad in Bangladesh and Myanmar this week too.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What a disaster. Simply not fair it often happens in some of the poor areas in the world. Already they were hit hard last winter

China does have the "china's ipad", not the ipod. Just a quick message.

I may be wrong. Just i thought both the ipad and ipod are manufactured by fabrics in China, for Apple ? Just type "Foxconn"

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Flooding deaths rise to 132 in southern China

BEIJING – Massive flooding in southern China has killed 132 people and forced 860,000 to flee their homes, and more storms were forecast, the government said Sunday.

Another 86 people are missing and more than 10 million people have been affected since torrential rains began June 13, including those who have been injured, stranded or have suffered property losses, the Ministry of Water Resources said in a news release.

While the death toll was up from 90 on Saturday, the number of evacuees was lower than the previous day's figure of 1.4 million.

China sustains major flooding annually along the mighty Yangtze and other major rivers, but this year's floods have been especially heavy, spreading across nine provinces and regions in the south and along the eastern coast.

I hope they are getting help and things are being done to search for missing.

Master Sheng Long, stay safe. Hope you and your loved ones are safe.

top topics

join