It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Founder has his passport confiscated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

www.salon.com

Julian Assange, who does not have an official home base and travels every six weeks, told the Australian current affairs program Dateline that immigration officials had said his passport was going to be cancelled because it was looking worn.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Julian Assange's passport is being cancelled by the Australian Government because it was looking worn.

Preventig Assange from leaving Australia ; will cripple WikiLeaks secrecy since all internet communications in Australia will be filtered soon. Preventing him from leaving Australia would ensure that authorities around the world know where he is in my opinion the fall of WikiLeaks.

Anybody smell a RATT !!!!

www.salon.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah, smells like a dirty rat indeed.. Unfortunately, it was obvious that it was coming to this.. This alone should wake people up.. The fact that they are so scared of what he has to show that they'll do anything to silence him..

Unfortunately, most sheeple don't know who Julian Assange is... Sad indeed..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
he needs to get on a boat and get to international waters until this problem can be sorted out. Surely he must have some trusted friends with a nice boat who can help?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Surely we have a group of Australians on ATS willing to sneak him out!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh boy...its coming to this...the other thread about the airstrike on afghan coming out and now all of a sudden they guy maintaining the website gets his passport canceled...yeap....

You cannot keep digital information confined to one country, simple fact.

You can transmit it via:

radio waves: tv broad cast, digital radio modes
digital media: usb flash drives, dvds, hard drives
internet: email the file as parts of an encrypted winrar file to multiple multiple people that you can trust to put on the wiki leaks site

Seriously stopping his passport will not stop the flow of information

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
he needs to get on a boat and get to international waters until this problem can be sorted out. Surely he must have some trusted friends with a nice boat who can help?

I really only have one word for you. SeaLand!

The 'royal' family is pretty protective of their micro-nation.

Really though, he needs to go to eastern europe/western asia.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I bet TPTB are longing for the good old days right about now.. the internet is one of our greatest if not the greatest asset we have in this information war.. and I think we're slowly starting to pick up the pace, exponentially informing people about the blatant deception all around.
Surely our numbers can't begin to dwindle when TPTB are starting to act careless when ramping up their totalitarian schemes? The flow only moves one way, you don't see conspiracy theorists 'waking up'/converting to the truth of the MSM do you?

I want some Wikileaks leaks soon.
I just hope this won't stop it in some way..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

www.salon.com

Julian Assange, who does not have an official home base and travels every six weeks, told the Australian current affairs program Dateline that immigration officials had said his passport was going to be cancelled because it was looking worn.

This is old news isn't it? I was under the impression this must have been resolved by now since I had not heard anything about it in over a month.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well that has to be one of the stupidest reasons to confiscate a passport.

Oh because it looks worn !! oh my !! what do we do !! there is no protocall for worn passports !! shoot him !!

I don't think they can just " confiscate" passports for something so retarded, if anything they can just have it replaced. And I'm sure Julian is quite the problem solver, him and a few lawyers will get this cleared up in no time, and if they can't Julian can just work " around " the law. and stowe away in a whaling ship.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Iceland just passed some legislation protecting whistle blowers...this has to be a red herring or completely false...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think this happened a month ago ...

Here's the ATS thread from then.

edit to note that the Salon article linked in the OP is dated from May also, so this is indeed the same incident.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Let's first see if he can get a new one before we start planning his escape.
Seriously, the best place for him to be would be either Iceland or eastern asia.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
No I am sure they will give him a new one . One that has a transmitter and a bonus drone .

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

All good points!

What I don't understand is why so many people:

a) Refuse to watch videos such as "Collateral Damage" because they're afraid of what they might see only to be willingly ignorant of the facts out of fear.

b) Remain in voluntary isolationism from the obvious lies and deception that is now rampant throughout the public and private sectors.

c) Have hunches that they're being lied to but don't care as they've been pre-programmed by society not to challenge authority.

AND/OR

d) They really understand what is going on at the surface but don't understand the full extent of this deception because they either write-off people like Asange as political extremists or simply fail to understand the blatant negligence these kinds of videos really display and what they imply.

This is by no means an isolated incident and you can't just write-off these kinds of blatant injustices to the ugliness of armed conflict. That's such a cop-out!

-ChriS

top topics

join