It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you let your kids swim in the gulf?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I just wonder what people in areas that oil and other toxic things have been confirmed are doing? In places like FL, are you letting your kids in the ocean? ( I'm almost sure no one in LA is)

I am trying to find info about the effects of the oil on the Texas coast, but I am pretty distrusting of government reports of safety. So I want to get ATS's opinion. I know they say Texas is so far safe from the oil, but I don't know to believe that or not with all these new reports everyday,,, radioactive, methane, dispersant, and whatnot. I did read today on that craigslist ad for workers to clean up the oil, it said "possibly Texas".

We are planned to go the Rockport area next week and the kids are bummed about not going to the beach.

So would you let your kids in the gulf waters? Would it depend on the location, if so, where do you draw the line?
Thanks y'all.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
[edit on 18-6-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

The biggest concern right now in the gulf is the amounts of benzene been released with the oil.

The second concern is the dispersant that is been used.

Now as for Texas is nothing in the news that said the oil is reaching the coast.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We have a weekend house on the Gulf.

The Texas coast is seasonally full of all kinds of dangers for kids (and adults)...Vibrio is one of the most lethal. The list is long.

Will I let them swim...I do, but I watch scratches and cuts very closely and treat them immediately. We have them always shower in fresh water after swimming as well.

The Gulf has always been a source of bacterium and viruses, when I was a kid...tar balls on the beach were a way of life. It's much cleaner now than in the late 60's, early 70's.

mg

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
well that all depends on which side of the gulf
are you referring to.

I would let them swim on the west side.
The east side??? Absolutely not !!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the real question is: would obama let his kids swim in the gulf? And eat gulf seafood? And help clean up without safety equipment? And live in a house near the gulf? etc, etc

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

As a matter of fact we were in it today. The water here is still gorgeous and the beaches are pristine. Google Anna Maria Island.......paradise.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hell and no. And I've got dogs as children. Move northward. The Gulf floor is going to fall or disintegrate. Get the help out of there. Read the EPA data for your state and make your own decisions.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would let them grow up to be 18 and let them decide!
Unless you chose to provide Health Care tell they are 26?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Heck no...

Im concerned enough as im prepping for a cruise to the carribbean leaving off of the Atlantic side of Florida...

top topics

join