It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Biden violate 3 amendments of the Foreign Assistance Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
According to Life Site News

www.lifesitenews.com...

"Vice President Joe Biden travelled to Kenya to personally urge the country to pass a new constitution that would legalize abortion - and to assure Kenyans that such a change would "allow money to flow" from foreign aid treasuries. At the same time, a federal probe is attempting to determine whether the Obama Administration is violating federal law by using taxpayer money to lobby for the constitution, deeply controversial in Kenya in large part because of its abortion provisions."We are hopeful, Barack Obama is hopeful, I am hopeful that you will carry out these reforms to allow money to flow," Biden told a crowd of Kenyans, among whom President Obama is extremely popular and touted as a native son of their country."
So when does it become legal for the administration to fund the constitutional changes of other governments regarding pro or anti abortion? And why isn’t the MSM covering this outrageous, and flagrant violation? I thought that this was illegal according to the Siljander Amendment, which states,” No foreign assistance funds may be used to lobby for or against abortion.” www.usaid.gov...
Source: FY 2006 Appropriations Act, Title II, "Child Survival and Health Programs Fund" and/or Title V, Section 518. Then there is the Biden amendment which states,” No foreign assistance funds may be used to pay for any biomedical research which relates, in whole or in part, to methods of, or the performance of, abortions or involuntary sterilization as a means of family planning. Sources: Section 104(f) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended; Annual Foreign Operations Appropriations Acts.
And the Helms Amendment, which states, “No foreign assistance funds may be used to pay for the performance of abortion as a method of family planning or to motivate or coerce any person to practice abortions.”

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
*SIGH*

Probably just ANOTHER of the HUNDREDS of anti-Obama/anti-Democrat PROPAGANDA threads again. SIGH.

Its not even fun any more to do the actual researching to prove the anti-Obama threads to be TOTALLY FALSE any more.

*YAWN*

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Interesting...

Shine is right though.

It's all a lie.

Biden was in Kenya for 3 days but there was nothing mentioned about abortion.

Plenty about the constitutional reforms that Kenya is currently going through though...

kenyauptodate.blogspot.com...

www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 18/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I really hope that Obama gets the Killswitch and lies like yours can stop being believed. All of these internet rumors are getting out of hand something needs to be done about it.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Y2Zgt]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt

I really hope that Obama gets the Killswitch and lies like yours can stop being believed. All of these internet rumors are getting out of hand something needs to be done about it.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Y2Zgt]

This thread may not be accurate but everyone is allowed to post below discrediting it. Why on earth would you want the government to censor it??

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hay, don't flame me. I read it as news.
If someone can contact Robert Gibss and verify that this information is false, I will happily remove this post. Until then, it stands.
Just because it isn't reported in the MSM, doesn't make it a false news story.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The Mexico City Policy, also known by critics as the Mexico City Gag Rule and the Global Gag Rule,[1] was an intermittent United States government policy that required all non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services, as a method of family planning, in other countries. The policy is a political flashpoint in the abortion debate, with Republican administrations adopting it and Democratic administrations rescinding it. The policy was in place from 1984 through January 1993 (Democratic President Bill Clinton ended it), was re-instituted in January 2001 when Republican President George W. Bush took office, and was rescinded January 23, 2009, shortly after Democratic President Barack Obama took office.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about the unintentional disinfo agents, they're probably too caught up in the Red Vs. Blue debate to see what is really going on. I know for a fact that one of them is.

Instead of "Bleh, it's a lie!", how about some solid arguments.

EDIT - And calling for the government to censor this? I don't even know how to respond. I thought it was universally agreed upon that public censorship is bad and goes against every right we have. Is it worth arguing?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From a Kenyan News agency,
www.standardmedia.co.ke...
Former President Moi has accused the US of interfering with constitution making.
Citing the recent visit by US Vice-President Joe Biden, Moi wondered why the US is pushing for reforms through a ‘faulty’ Proposed Constitution. He said the US constitution does not allow abortion, adding foreigners should not impose on Kenyans what is not right.
"They are forcing everything bad on us. Why can’t they change theirs," he posed. Addressing a rally at Kabarnet High School, Moi said Kenyans should not allow foreigners to decide for them what is good or bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think it is pretty obvious that the Kenyan news agency is racist and/or terrorists.

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
*SIGH*

Probably just ANOTHER of the HUNDREDS of anti-Obama/anti-Democrat PROPAGANDA threads again. SIGH.

Its not even fun any more to do the actual researching to prove the anti-Obama threads to be TOTALLY FALSE any more.

*YAWN*

From a Kenyan News agency,
Former President Moi has accused the US of interfering with constitution making.
Citing the recent visit by US Vice-President Joe Biden, Moi wondered why the US is pushing for reforms through a ‘faulty’ Proposed Constitution. He said the US constitution does not allow abortion, adding foreigners should not impose on Kenyans what is not right.
"They are forcing everything bad on us. Why can’t they change theirs," he posed. Addressing a rally at Kabarnet High School, Moi said Kenyans should not allow foreigners to decide for them what is good or bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

its only accepted by those who like freedom and dont want to apply their force to others. Some still want to sensor others for not believing the same as them.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Moi said Kenyans should not allow foreigners to decide for them what is good or bad.

There you go! I wish all leaders thought like this. (As long as he doesn't take our money)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The same news source is reporting this:

The MPs were speaking in Kikuyu during a meet-the-people tour to educate residents on the contents of the proposed law.

They said those opposing the new laws must be stopped from spreading lies about clauses on abortion, Kadhi courts and land so that they do not confuse those who cannot read the document for themselves.

Now I'm seeing what's going on here.

There is obviously a disinformation campaign going on in Kenya in regards to the constitution referendum, possibly by the church.

Because the US supports the yes campaign, some of the no campaigners (and anti Obama people pushing an all together different agenda) have spun this to make out that the US is supporting the abortion part of the new constitution.

Further evidence of the lies and misinformation:

Biden, who today concludes his three-day visit before proceeding to South Africa to witness the opening of the first World Cup on African soil, said if Kenya embraced reforms it would no longer depend on aid because it has resources. Asked about right wing evangelical churches that are allegedly pumping funds into the ‘No’ campaign over conditional abortion clauses and inclusion of Kadhis Courts, Biden said the US Government had no control over them.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Here is your kill-switch again. Every single citizen has a right to say what they think or believe, whether it is true or not. Without that inherent (American) right, our way of life, our freedom of speech, our right to speak our mind is gone. Done with. Do you understand that? It is ok to write someone off as lunatic, it is another to say that they shouldn't be allowed to speak.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
According to Life Site News

www.lifesitenews.com...

"Vice President Joe Biden travelled to Kenya to personally urge the country to pass a new constitution that would legalize abortion

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Violater1]

Yeah, well why didn't they have that in place when Obama was born? Would of saved the world his stain on the earth.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MotherofBlessings
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Here is your kill-switch again. Every single citizen has a right to say what they think or believe, whether it is true or not. Without that inherent (American) right, our way of life, our freedom of speech, our right to speak our mind is gone. Done with. Do you understand that? It is ok to write someone off as lunatic, it is another to say that they shouldn't be allowed to speak.

Wish I could give you a 100 stars for that!

Thank you for such an eloquent post for me to stumble upon and saying far better than I could have hoped to compose.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Because the US supports the yes campaign, some of the no campaigners (and anti Obama people pushing an all together different agenda) have spun this to make out that the US is supporting the abortion part of the new constitution.

So do you think it is an anti or pro abortion campaign that Obama is running in Kenya?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Thanks!!! This idiocy just astounds me. Physically I may not be challenging, but I do my best in written word.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Neither.

Read the links.

Do a little digging.

There is actually a real conspiracy in the making here (IMHO). You just need to realise it has nothing to do with Biden, Obama or the US and everything to do with the catholic church and their influence over the upcoming referendum.

<<   2 >>

join