It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black gospel, the black keys, and the transcendence beyond skin color.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The black keys on a piano or keyboard are the sharps/flats. There are only five, A#/Bb (same sound), C#/Db, D#/Eb, F#/Gb and G#Ab.

No C, D, E, F, G, or A.

Black gospel did not use the white notes. They didn't need them.

Take a listen, and enjoy your weekend.

pjcockrell.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I just watched this video, and it is very powerful, and I wanted to share it. It brought me out of a bad place.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Edit to add:
Mods, This is my first thread, if it needs to be moved, do so. I think I have figured it out now.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Stewie]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Americans have made great strides in race relations, but until more people realize WE ALL prejudge (black, white and everything in between) based upon skin color, we will not be able to put the colorblind glasses on.

It is funny that the individual, white or black or whatever, can find it exciting to "become" a different race and enjoy it, until the outside world takes that enjoyment away through prejudice. If you are white, and you become black overnight, (or vice versa) your world changes.

This video series illustrates that.

www.youtube.com...

This thread is about transcending skin color. Feel free to add your own content. I will add more from time to time, as I come across pertinent and interesting related material.
I have a personal interest in this, as I grew up in a very poor, mixed race area, and my best friend was black while I am white (mostly). We had no clue that the world was Black and White.

join