It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the BP bashing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tunedbeats

Whilst I do agree there is an abundance of BP-related threads at the moment, (many of which are interesting and presenting new information as it comes out), I'm finding that we're not getting the usual diversity of topics or actually getting to see them.

However, it seems a bit short-sighted to state "I'm sick of BP threads" and post a thread about it - further contributing to a heavy BP thread presence, especially when there are already threads covering what you've said that you could've contributed to.

Hubris?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tunedbeats
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

In all fairness it's impossible for me to know beforehand what words are in a reply when reading a general Oilspill thread.

But ah well, I regret making this topic now, I opened up way too hostile which honestly wasn't my initial thought when making it, and im enjoying the fruits of that now I can see.
Having a # day and venting that on a forum = a bad idea as usual. Lesson learned.

Thank you

Youre Welcome,
I can see youre looking for some peace and just trying to sort it out like the rest of us.
Hope your day gets better.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
and you know what im sick of?

people trying to lump me in the same blame pile as everyone else.

YES i use oil, and YES ive advocated every alternative since ive found out about them, and NO its not the slightest bit my fault that the oil companies have been suppressing such tech, that i readily defend in just about every post on this subject (as do a handful of others here)

i never miss an opportunity on this board or in life to spread the truth about HEMP, and how it would rid the world of our petroleum woes.

i go to NORML rally's and demonstrations, i hand out flyers, i vote to pass legislation and encourage others to do the same, and im fully aware of deception and lies behind the oil industry and do everything in my power to bring them to light.

what more would you have of me? i cannot single-handedly change the laws, so i actually blame you for not already helping or even doing your part. i resent the OP.

legalize industrial hemp.
grow the oil.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tunedbeats
Which again boils down to my original point, # happens, stop looking only at one company for this disaster.

This was not just something that happened, though. There are practices in place to keep these things from happening and BP was negligent. You can't drive down the street and let your child hang out the window and when he falls to the street, say, "These things happen".

Yes, it could have happened to any oil company. Any oil company who was negligent. That's what happens when you take a risk. It's the luck of the draw and BP's luck ran out.

Why SHOULDN'T we look to this company? They took the risk to save time and money, so they could put more money in their pockets (Tony Hayward got a 41% pay increase last year - during a recession!) and they put the entire US in danger. Sorry. They DESERVE to be in the spotlight.

If anyone should quit crying, it's those who are defending BP, IMO.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
People have a right to be angry with BP. Cheap oil, SURE!! But not at the expense of the environment or human health/safety!!

In the last 3 years, BP had almost 100 times the willful safety violations than all other major oil companies combined!!

I'd say the BP bashing is well justified.

However, of course we are part of the problem too by having a ridiculous energy consumption.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It is not that they are trying to be hostile they are just tired of threads saying that we shouldn't blame BP for this situation. In fact if it was any other big oil company they would have the same feelings. To be quite honest was it not a BP well being drilled. was it not an oil rig that BP leased, and is it not BP that has not been truthful about what is going on. Finally we get tired of haering that BP has things under control and will not let the news reporters out there to talk and report from the public beaches by their own hired security. If I am wrong please tell me. I do not think you are able to prove I am wrong. But go ahead and try.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You can actually go higher than that with their violations. In fact I heard yesterday that at one time Bp had and I may be wrong but a congressman said something in the rage of 700 violations as compared to the other oil companies have Under 20 at the same time. I will see if I can find the exact numbers and post them.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
And who is the chief cheerleading in bashing BP? The "leader of the Free World" President Obama.

How odd the leader of the country that wants to lead the world in capitalism, is doing his level best to destroy a major global company and have a impact on the lives of millions around the world.

Rather than being a leader and offering solutions, Obama has taken to the grandest political grandstanding, and sees this as an opportunity to divert attention away from his failures since coming to office.

If only the president would be so animated on the Middle East, just imagine what could be achieved.

I have podcast on the president's grandstanding here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Here is what I found on their violations compared to the other big oil companies at the samr time.

OSHA statistics show that BP has had 760 "willful, egregious" safety violations. Sunoco and ConocoPhilips each had 8, Citgo had 2, and Exxon had 1

In just the last few years, BP has paid $485 million in fines and settlements to the US government for environmental crimes, willful neglect of worker safety rules, and penalties for manipulating energy markets

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
yeah he's right, lets congratulate BP on an excellent job at destroying a healthy ecosystem. lets give them a blue ribbon and tell them its ok, everything will be ok.

do you know what will happen if we all don't get pissed off and burn them alive? every oil company in the world is not going to give a flying turd about their mistakes, they will make them repeatedly and nobody will say anything because fruitcake like you lie to yourself believing everything will be ok. its not going to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm sick of oil floating up on my beach. I'm sick of people who don't live here trying to tell me its not a big deal. Please try to understand that this has ruined peoples lives. People are going to be frustrated, we are all human.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

lies that they want you to believe. blame yourself spread the guilt, what a load of rubbish

beLIEve

they outlawed hemp that is why this happened and we didnt know at the time it being the 1930's, we as a people have been lied to, there is no real need for oil. other than to destory us.

hemp can save the world

www.youtube.com...

mushrooms eat oil

www.youtube.com...

your guilt isnt needed you did what you were told to do we all have. that isnt guilt just ignorance of a hidden truth...

get the latest news on hemp here

www.youtube.com...

building with hemp

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by faerietaleknightmare]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow I see more and more people backing up huge corporations! Wow, do they pay you for that? Who cares were the company is from.. Its about our planet EARTH and not about England VS USA.. Stop the whining.. Lets try to help each other out by finding out as much as we can about the situation.

There are quite a few very good threads here.. Why dont the super skeptics go join CNN or foxnews forum. Why mess things up at ATS.. my 2 cents

edit: spellnoob

[edit on 18-6-2010 by hesse]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm sick of oil floating up on my beach. I'm sick of people who don't live here trying to tell me its not a big deal. Please try to understand that this has ruined peoples lives. People are going to be frustrated, we are all human.

Ditto this! People who don't live in the Gulf, simply do not understand the magnatude of the situation.

It's bad, it's really bad, and not just a "spill."

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

You are right. Unless people are able to see the destruction that is going on with the gulf coast they will never understand the frustration. I grew up on the gulf coast and it bugs the # out of me to know that it will never be he same again. I think every person that doesn't understand the frustration should take a trip to the gulf coast and then they will see what the frustration is all about.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Well you see, BP keeps stepping in it my friend.

Yes, if you want to wax existentialist we are all partly to blame for this disaster - but unless you live in a thatched hut with no power, hunt your own food and use nothing more mechanically complex than a horse for transportation, it's awfully hypocritical for you to judge.

The U.S. government, and the governments of all other nations that have oil rigs littering their shores are also partly to blame. Not only because of the palm-greasing that invariably follows such behemoths allowing for the easement of regulation, but for the total lack of planning in dealing with potential accidents.

The reason BP is justifiably suffering the brunt of this is two-fold. One, it's almost to the point where they're playing paper-rock-scissors to see who comes up with the next McGuyver fix that's sure to fail, and two, you have CEO's and CFO's saying incredibly stupid things like "I want my life back," or "We care about the small people." Maybe they were misworded, maybe something got lost in translation, maybe they're all as arrogant, self-serving and infuriatingly pretentious as those words make them sound.

Bottom line is BP has accepted total responsibility for this. They've already set aside $20 billion in escrow to pay for damages. They keep telling people on the Gulf Coast that they can fix it, and then fail to do so... all the while talking down to the very people they're supposedly apologizing to. Umm...

Just deal with the BP bashing for now or ignore threads relating to the undersea black gusher, just my advice. Sorry, but the bashing will continue for quite some time and as far as I'm concerned, that's okay.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Someone sick of BP bashing? I think we have cause to not only bash BP, but also something else very British too.

This British rag of a news organization, BBS, is calling this a SPILL, as if it's a one-shot done and over ordeal. NOT! It's a freaking LEAK .. an on-going continuous LEAK!

Didn't they hear what Obama said? This is not a thing that happened and is over and now it's time to recover. It's a catastrophe still in the making. Spill my ass.

They are trying to deceive and downplay what one of their corporations have done, people. Don't just boycott BP oil now, boycott everything British!

BP 'strong despite spill setback'

Contact these clown and DEMAND they stop with the deception and downplay!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join