It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Tells Cleanup Workers They’ll Be Fired If They Wear Respirators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Only 10 years later and mankind is already repeating their same mistakes. There will be sick BP responders that do not get any of that 'victim fund' and will rest in peace along with the 9/11 first responders. When will people learn? In the name of PR, BP does not want it too seem too dangerous, and as a result these workers will get sick to uphold BP's image. I bet Tony Hayward would not go on that beach without protective gear.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here is an ad from Craigslist I found today
for "Oil Cleanup positions"

detroit.craigslist.org...

Basically saying there is years of work, and you will get sick.

flag and star from me!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ANOMALY502]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

good find!

"These positions are considered Hazardous,"

what is sick is they say

"Safety equipment will be provided."

well of course, safety equipment is cheap to provide when there IS NONE! This means, "don't bring your own, we'll provide." Blatant lie!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
ok Census workers...After your done taking numbers, get suited up...your heading to the gulf.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Heck, only the workers not allowed? What about residents in the area? Who will supply me with a respirator?

I had bad nose bleeds a couple of weeks ago, and hadn't had any in decades.

Yesterday I woke up in a sneezing fit. I thought I was getting a cold, but all my pets are sneezing too!

Then I come to read, and hear they are now burning the oil!

I'm convinced that more than just workers are being affected!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

good find!

"These positions are considered Hazardous,"

what is sick is they say

"Safety equipment will be provided."

well of course, safety equipment is cheap to provide when there IS NONE! This means, "don't bring your own, we'll provide." Blatant lie!

Amazing how it's considered hazardous yet they aren't allowed to wear anything to protect themselves. I remember working in the grocery store having to wear gloves and a mask to mop the floor! I was an OSHA guideline yet these workers aren't allowed to wear protective gear? This is ridiculous!

What is their safety equipment they say they will provide?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have only negative comments on how they are handling things...

however

I have no clue how things should properly be handled...so, I am keeping my mouth shut overall...choice of wearing minimal gear cleaning up and getting sick from the fumes...or wearing a full suit and getting sick from the heat...decisions decisions...if I was there, I would probably get tired of the near passing out and rip off the safety stuff, working with just a small mask, shorts, and thin gloves....then deal with the sickness when it comes...at least I will be sick and cool verses sick and overheated.

Good weightloss program mind you.

its 2010...don't we have robots to do this for us by now!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I didnt mean to take away from the original poster, I just immediatley thought of this ad when looking at the material and I think they go together.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
I didnt mean to take away from the original poster, I just immediatley thought of this ad when looking at the material and I think they go together.

no worries mate, I appreciate it. I think it exposes the disinformation campaign, since BP is claiming it is not that bad yet the ad says it will be hazardous. And if they truly do not get any safety equipment to wear, the ad is a blatant lie. Any worker should print that out to use in court.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Actually, I think what you posted was very appropriate. It needed to be pointed out to people who will, by lack of work in their own area, will be subject to the fact they will be earing money, but are expendable.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
if these people die its better for them, so no problems in the future of people talking

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I dont think that a few months or whatever time you spend working down their is worth giving up your health.....but someone has to do it, and everytime I see a picture of the beaches on the news I wonder...WHERE ARE ALL THE CLEANUP WORKERS...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
if these people die its better for them, so no problems in the future of people talking

Oh my gosh...........LOL!

They won't die right away. It'll be a long slow painful death, of which they will sing about how their lives were ruined, for having worked on the cleanup!

Yeah, right, they won't talk.............

I hope all workers affected, and their families talk for years, and years, and years!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by Faiol

Oh my gosh...........LOL!

They won't die right away. It'll be a long slow painful death, of which they will sing about how their lives were ruined, for having worked on the cleanup!

Yeah, right, they won't talk.............

I hope all workers affected, and their families talk for years, and years, and years!

Get ready for the "BP Truth movement"

Jason Bermas and Dylan Avery need to make the video "chump change"

[edit on 18-6-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, if these workers had any brains they would just quit the job, or wear them anyway.. they must be retarded not to realize it's hazardous so the question is, will they obey orders and die - OR demand their right for protection.. the ball is in their court, if conformism or lack of unity stops them from demanding use of protective gear then they'll keep working at their own risk.

It's BP's(and several other companies) fault, but if they keep playing ball with BP's ridiculous demands they'll just end up hurt.. so it's their choice really.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Well, if these workers had any brains they would just quit the job, or wear them anyway.. they must be retarded not to realize it's hazardous so the question is, will they obey orders and die - OR demand their right for protection.. the ball is in their court, if conformism or lack of unity stops them from demanding use of protective gear then they'll keep working at their own risk.

It's BP's(and several other companies) fault, but if they keep playing ball with BP's ridiculous demands they'll just end up hurt.. so it's their choice really.

I wondered that too, which is why I think it's so sad that history will repeat itself less than 10 years later. If the media would have properly covered the dying 9/11 first responders, more people would be cautious to be the first responders for this oil clean up. But then again, if the media did their job, the globalists would be out of jobs.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm curious
how is AJ getting this info
when msm reporters can't even
get an interview with the cleanup
workers?

something smells fishy
to me

maybe I need a respirator!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Of course, an EO is needed from the President ordering the wearing of hazmat gear and respirators. If I remember correctly, that OSHA in the States has some jurisdiction in these matters .... but perhaps that is no longer the case.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would advise anyone that goes to work doing the cleanup to take samples of the oil (the most liquid part you can find)and store it in a clean sealed jar.
Mason jars are great for this and make sure you record time, date and location where you took the sample.
Do this every few days and don't tell anyone working with you. big companies are know to put security people on jobs looking for people that may cause problems and if they find out you are taking samples you will be fired right there and try to silence you.

You may need this later when you start having permanent respiratory problems from this s**t just to prove you were exposed to the toxins in this oil.

Ask any lawyer and they will tell you the same thing.

I worked for another oil company (kerr McGee) that exposed me to a chemical used in there process that they claimed was harmless.

Later i found that the chemical contained Dioxin the same chemical found in agent orange.

Later when i contacted a lawyer they were unable to get a sample for testing from the company so i was unable to sue the company.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Hmm...I swear I read that the way they worded it was if they wear non-standard issue protective gear...as in their own gear. Even though they're running short. But I can't remember where I read it this morning.
The news article fave the protective gear a funny name...three letters. One was a P.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join