It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Permission denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why am I told "You are not permitted to upload media" and why have I had a lot of threads and replies removed?

Am I a danger to somebody?

I thought this was a site where people can express their thoughts and ideas freely.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

You should get a U2U telling you why something has been changed or removed. Also, this thread will probably be deleted, you will be refered to the board and business questions forum so dont panic when it happens.

Its perfectly normal and its in the T&C's of using the site if you read them.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I have had no explanation, and it has happened a lot.

I am not panicking, but I am beginning to believe that this website is definitely not neutral.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I dont know what you have posted but if it contained anything rude, swearing or offensive etc. It would be removed.

Anything off topic or one line posts etc will be removed as well.

You cannot post someone else work without quoting it externally as well.

Theres lots of reasons, ive never had a problem with ATS myself.

Ask them a question in this board here as that is what its for...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods will know better though.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I was simply gonna say that if their all this short.
I think xxx nailed out the gate fr ya.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by XXXN3O

I have had no explanation, and it has happened a lot.

I am not panicking, but I am beginning to believe that this website is definitely not neutral.

If you go to member tools, then go to public profile, there you can see all your posts and threads. Maybe some have been moved to BTS? or maybe you keep posting in the wrong forums?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I have not done any of these things.

Well, yes, I once posted that I believed a certain plant could be helpful to some people (and that was promptly removed) but I have never posted hatred, violence etc.

I have posted a lot of peace and love and Jesus, but that was allowed.

And I have posted that I deplore certain practices that certain races follow.

But, again, surely we are all allowed to express our opinion, within reason.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by XXXN3O

I have not done any of these things.

Well, yes, I once posted that I believed a certain plant could be helpful to some people (and that was promptly removed) but I have never posted hatred, violence etc.

I have posted a lot of peace and love and Jesus, but that was allowed.

And I have posted that I deplore certain practices that certain races follow.

But, again, surely we are all allowed to express our opinion, within reason.

Plant talk is dodgy talk as far as I am aware, you need to be very careful with that, theres lots of different laws remember and ATS members might be mis advised by post content, for example, a member might read about something that is completely legal in Africa but illegal in America and so on.

Speaking about races might be borderline as well, if you were stating that you did not like the way a culture was or similar, that might come across offensive to some people.

Make sure the way you word things is not offensive or potentially misleading and you cannot go wrong really.

Just trying to help.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I want to thank people who are trying to explain this to me, but when I have posted, usually, those posts have either been new posts or in the correct forum.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Well, if some of your posts are being removed, perhaps they were off topic or something?

And you could my ATS Media Guide - upload pics, embed pics, manage albums, avatar & sig, mini-profile backgrounds thread, it might help you with uploading media. I made a post further down the page on how to upload media like pdf files. If it's not working for you after you follow my instructions, you could contact a mod and ask for help.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I have this message, when I go into upload media:

"You are not permitted to upload media."

So, who cares, media is full of lies anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I've seen one of your threads vanish.

The one where you ask about your password resembling the F word....

They can be restored but I suspect the Trash Bin is a black hole(or orwellian memory hole)...

I wonder how many threads sits at that powerful digital archive vault.....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You will probably have to ask a moderator directly. Sometimes there are glitches, my first few days here, I tried to view the tutorial for uploading an avatar, and I got the message that it was for a mature audience
, I finally got it though, just a glitch I am sure.

I got censored once because I misspelled the dog breed Shihtzu.
That one made me laugh, I had to look up the real spelling to get it into my post

Last one was BBcode not available. I put it in anyway and it worked

Ask a mod, they will explain everything, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

On the tool bar above: If you go "member tools" then scroll down to "upload media" I got the the permission denied notice, as well.

1. "member tools" than "media portal account" and sign in.
Once signed into that account you will see these options at the top right corner:
[Personal Upload · My Home · View Profile · Edit Profile Information · My Account]

2. Select the "my account" option and then select "my media"

3. You will see these options on your left side screen:

My Media
Upload Media
My Media
My Favorites

Playlists
Create Playlist
My Playlists

4. Select "upload media" and have at it.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hello All. I have a question regarding the media portal, and hope i'm in the right place to ask. I'm new to ATS and have been trying to upload an avatar. When I reached 25 posts the "old upload" section activated only to give me a link to the media portal. At the media portal, it doesn't accept my ATS sign in information, and when I click on Sign up or Register... well, it just says that registrations are closed. Check back later. Am I missing something here, might there possibly be a glitch in the matrix?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Ask them a question in this board here as that is what its for...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods will know better though.

yep. or this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

XXXN3O is correct. but you weren't far off by posting your concerns in this thread.

the above links to that forum and a thread in it are usually the first place mods look for such questions. if you use the complaint/suggestion option i believe it also automatically generates a thread in a forum only mods are permitted to see.

these three ways, and u2u'ing are usually the best way to get the mods' attentions quickly.

but, sometimes they are out and about doing mod things, or off duty and sleeping, or taking their ocassional shower.

hope this helps,
et

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
taking their ocassional shower.
et

eheheh
Thanks for the hint et.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by deadruby2006]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deadruby2006

To sign into the media portal, you have to use your username and the password that was auto-generated and sent to your email address when you signed up (or if you've used the "forgot password" function since then). I think this is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming site redesign, but for now the password on the Media Center doesn't change when you change it here.

top topics

join