It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' Prophecy -- The End Time is Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

4. Jesus very next words start with the conjunction "and"...

25"And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars,

The catch is that there is nothing to show how long a period of time is meant to be covered by that "and".

If you have been watching the news lately I would say not much longer at all. Israel is the timepiece and the whole world is increasingly turning against Israel just as the prophets predicted. I think Iran is going to make a move and the Ezekiel 38 war will set it off.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

generally correct. and the prophets spoke of this time because they were aware of the cycles of time that god is responsible for. he did make everything. in the past and up until now, darkness with occasional light.

as the new dawn approaches, the "evil forces" will feel their time is up and make a last ditched stronger effort before the tsunami of spiritual light inundates all that are left.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."-Matt15.24

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.-John10.27

The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.-Acts11.26

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—Phil3.3

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.
-2Cor1.20

every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.-1John4.1

And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.-Rom11.23

For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.'-Acts3.22

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.-Gal3.16

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.-Mk12.29

All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.-Micah4.5

the LORD is our king-Is33.22

The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.-Zech14.9

the head of every man is Christ-1Cor11.3

They are all defying Caesar's decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus."-Acts17.7

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Jesus also say he'd return within the life time of some of those he preached to?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yep. Most Christians tend to gloss over this.

He says it in 3 out of the 4 gospels.

Mark 13:30

Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23

When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28

Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Matthew 24:34

Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 21:32

Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

So either Jesus was lying or the Bible is incredibly fallible.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The prophesy on the generations was once thought to be shorter than it is turning out to be. It used to be thought of as around the singular average life span of people living in the last days, this would be approximately 70 to 80 years. This was verified by 2 sources one biblical and one secular.

Biblical - Psalms 90:10a

Each of us lives for 70 years- or even 80 if we are in good health.

Secular Source
en.wikipedia.org...
Here you will also see that for many countries the average lifespan is 70 to 80 years for individuals.

The reasoning was sound, however if something does not work out as prophesy it must be reexamined in the light of other scriptural references. An ardent bible student always digs deeper for clarity. In this case the scripture that gives us more information is Exodus 1:6

Then Joseph died, and all his brothers and all that generation.

Here a generation is defined as multiple individuals with different days of births and days of death a composite generation that overlaps each other and is of course slightly longer than the seventy or eighty years. The point is, it was not endless, it had a beginning and an end. It began with the firstborn of Jacob who was Reuben and ended with the death of the last son Levi. This defined that generation. If you take a good portion of the 20th century and add it into were we are now, this generation is not young anymore. We are nearing the end of that generational cycle.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join