It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' Prophecy -- The End Time is Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you believe the scriptures it is abundantly clear we are nearing the parousia. I just noticed a pretty clear way to evidence this with a prophecy by Jesus that has already proven itself with partial historical fulfillment. You can easily verify that these events have occurred which should give you a high degree of confidence that it will all come to pass.

Isaiah 11:11 predicts that God will gather the Jews a second time - this is necessarily the Diaspora of 70 AD as the return form Babylon was the first time. We have dated copies of this scroll from 100 BCE

In that day the Lord will extend his hand yet a second time to recover the remnant that remains of his people, from Assyria, from Egypt, from Pathros, from Cush, from Elam, from Shinar, from Hamath, and from the coastlands of the sea.

So we have seen this being fulfilled in recent history May 14, 1948.

Jesus in Luke 19:42 and Paul in Romans 11:25 explain that Israel is blinded nationally for the church age. Temporarily blinded not replaced. Christians are described as grafted in. This explains why the Jews are gathered in their homeland yet most are secular.

Jesus said that Jerusalem would be trodden down by the gentiles until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled in Luke 21:24b just prior to his second coming.

24”They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive among all nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.”

1. This is a prophecy of the Diaspora, which occurred in AD 70. The Romans spread the Jews all over the known world, selling many as slaves. This is a matter of undisputed record.

2.When Jesus says "until" that clearly infers that one day Jerusalem will be back in Jewish hands.

3. Thus it is an inferred prophecy of the reformation of Israel in 1948 and the reclamation of Jerusalem in 1967. Jerusalem certainly was under Gentile control until 1967, the fact that is now largely under Jewish control is sure sign that the times of Gentiles are nearly fulfilled.

4. Jesus very next words start with the conjunction "and"...

25"And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Q.E.D.

If you are not a believer perhaps you should reconsider the time is running out.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.-Eze37.22

On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.-Zech14.9

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."-Acts4.12

"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.-Is65.17

new name-Is62.2,65.15,Rev3.12

could you reconcile these for me?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Here's what Dr Walvoord wrote on the Isaiah passage.

61:10-11) and the city is called by a new name. That name is not stated here but several names are given later, in 62:4, 12 (cf. 60:14). In the ancient Near East names often signified one’s anticipated or present character. So Jerusalem’s having a new name means it will have a new righteous character. Like a crown or diadem (a large metal ring worn on the head) adorning one’s head so Jerusalem will be an adornment to the LORD . She will display His splendor (cf. 35:2; 46:13; 49:3; 55:5; 60:9, 21; 61:3), that is, her inhabitants will manifest His character in their conduct.

The city’s new relationship with God is compared to the happiness of a marriage. Rather than being called Deserted (cf. 62:12) or Desolate, previous characteristics of the city, Jerusalem will be named Hephzibah (“My delight is in her”) and Beulah (“Married one”). The words so will your sons marry you (Jerusalem) imply that people again will live in Jerusalem and God will be happy about the wonderful state of affairs.

John F. Walvoord, Roy B. Zuck and Dallas Theological Seminary, The Bible Knowledge Commentary : An Exposition of the Scriptures (Wheaton, IL: Victor Books, 1983-), Is 62:1–5.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

and these?-

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.-Gal4.26

Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.-John4.21

"Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.-Matt21.43

The LORD will create a new thing on earth-Jer31.22

I am going there to prepare a place for you.-John14.2

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.-Heb13.15

before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad-Rom9.11

when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices-Eze20.44

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.-Phil2.9-11

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

How hard is it to forsee such things when a certain group of men thought of themselves as 'chosen' and thought of a certain land as 'holy'.

How hard is it to forsee what this kind of thought brings for the future of man?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

4. Jesus very next words start with the conjunction "and"...

25"And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars,

The catch is that there is nothing to show how long a period of time is meant to be covered by that "and".

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

thats an interesting take on scripture.

but i think the various denominations down thru the centuries have always carried on with the belief that its jesus the man as the son of god you must believe in to be "saved". i believe they all err.

somewhere along the way with the translations they have moved away from the true meaning which is the christ consciousness must be established in oneself as ones own state to meet with "approval" (for want of a better word) of the creator. it is a consciousness of the whole cosmos which can only be understood by those who experience it. if any are "chosen" above others it is the above state they are in and not some race such as the jews. the idea that one race or culture has precedence over others is ridiculous. IMHO.

a similar error exists also with jerusalem. i feel sure it refers to other than a physical city. there may well be parallels and some meaning can be applied to that city but the ultimate meaning is something more heavenly. these states can not be described adequately and are beyond language. these ideas fit much better with eastern philosophy and do away with the exclusiveness of the christian jesus idea. i dont expect any christian leaning people to accept or even consider this, but those others with open minds may.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

People of faith are the offspring of Abraham. "Abraham had faith and it was counted to him as righteousness."

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

agreed-

The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last

The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them."

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I am only responding for the sake of others and for the sake of the heavens....

God never curses anyone. I can only caution that all the things you say to others, you will have to stand up for one day, in the Divine Eye that looks upon you. Be very careful what you spread to others. It is one thing for what you believe....for God can look within and see why you did not understand....its another to tell others such things, for you will have to stand up to the voices of the heavens for this.

God desires no need for a bloodline, has made a way for all to cycle back to Thee, has intended for this world to be as it is, and has no plan to intervene with supernatural actions. God does not make mistakes and nothing can threaten what emanates from God, for Thee is perfection and everything that emanates is perfection. There is purpose for this world as it is, and every single moment and opportunity it offers, is of need. Even every single posts we all make, will be held accountable....not for judgment, but to show what we have understanding of. What we dont understand, we will relearn, and try again to sift and measure out living more for Spirit while in the body of flesh.

Your images of God are very primal...you should concentrate on words like Divine and Holy during your prayer time...to find the true nature of God. Some things, cant be shown to us be another.....they must, absolutely must, be shown to us, by God.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Watch out for some of those who are replying here, claiming to be Christians. Even Satan knows the scriptures.

I agree with you 100%! It's time to be ready! God's mercy IS running out!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

WOW-these are all written (I pasted-not my words) asked a question and this is your response?

for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
-Ps138.2

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.-John17.17

Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."-Rom3.4

which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.-2Tim3.15

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. -Heb1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.-John

(born again by) the living and enduring word of God.-1Pet1.23

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.-Heb4.12

Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.-Eph6.17

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.-Matt24.35

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

here is my testimony(my words)-one night after picking up a small Gideons NT (that an American woman had left on the bar a few days earlier) I heard an audible voice as if sitting on my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK I stood to feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord, then came across these years later-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

Christ has indeed been raised from the dead-1Cor15.20

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."-Eph5.14

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
BigWhammy. We are in the age now as you know where rebelious souls are having their time.

Go to places like youtube filled with literal nuts who hate God. The prophets said, and I'm talking about non biblical saints. predicted that during this end time period.

1. It would be the age of amusement. Nothing would be taken seriously. Religion mocked. Shallow perverted jokes everywhere. No morality.

2. technology spreads throughout the world causing more idol minds. WW3 caused by mans doing and creation.

3. Atheism starts to spread throughout the world because weak souls believe in lies and the world becomes Godless

This is where we are. 2000, Y2K. That was nothing. The time isn't to be predicted at a certain day. So ofcourse it gives the non believers a way to say. " they have been saying that for this amount of time "

Problem is the majority who predicted y2k 2012 aren't christian. Christians know the sign but not a specific year.

But now we are there. I have seen and study what's going on in the world and we are on the verge of not only WW3 but a cleansing of this Earth.

another sign is that the church would be attacked from all sides by the media, movies, and so on.

The prophets talked about a global darkness enveloping the world when the antichrist is about 21...

I truly believe that's where we are now. it's where God leaves the world to itself, people can't think aright like God leaving his providence or withholding it from mandkind.

many saints talked about this global darkness and it can be felt in the mind and soul.

So IMO once 2012 passes. (nothing will happen) because I believe it's a way to prepare mandking that once we get by that, we are in the clear. Man is relieved commits more sin then ever. You get the idea.

which is why God said.

" man will be eating drinking given in marriage "

just like the flood. It's going to come as a theif. Nobody will be prepared spiritually.

Atheist will have a choice to make once they see certain signs.

But you are right OP Bwhammy. I want them to convert too because the light that will envelope mands mind and happiness after the chastisement, words cannot describe what the happiness will feal like. God said he will put a new spirit in the hearts of men who are left who accpet it.

It's not going to end, it's just going to be cleansed of evil. Like the saints say.

" At a stroke of his divine will, all his enemies will be put to death, the world will become dark "

But that's only if you believe in the 3 days of darkness which i do.

peace BW.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the opening post I had to do some really heavy duty research on this, brushing up on my Greek words too.

If you believe the scriptures it is abundantly clear we are nearing the parousia.

Actually we are in the Parousia right now. Intensive studies of the scriptures and it's accompanying Greek meaning within context clarify this. The Parousia starts with events in heaven, see Revelation chapter 12, the results are then felt by the earths inhabitants, as recorded in Matthew Chapter 24.

Matthew 24:3

As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him privately and said, "Tell us, when will this happen? What will be the sign that you are coming again, and when will the world come to an end?"

STRONGS Dictionary

3952. parousia

Original Word: παρουσία
Transliteration: parousia
Phonetic Spelling: (par-oo-see'-ah)
Short Definition: coming

The Greek word from which “presence” is translated is pa‧rou‧si′a, formed from pa‧ra′ (alongside) and ou‧si′a (being; derived from ei‧mi′, meaning “be”). Hence, pa‧rou‧si′a means, literally, “being alongside,” that is, a “presence.” It is used 24 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, frequently with regard to the presence of Christ in connection with his Messianic Kingdom.

Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words states:

“PAROUSIA . . . denotes both an arrival and a consequent presence with. For instance, in a papyrus letter [written in Greek] a lady speaks of the necessity of her parousia in a place in order to attend to matters relating to her property there. . . . When used of the return of Christ, at the Rapture of the Church, it signifies, not merely His momentary coming for His saints, but His presence with them from that moment until His revelation and manifestation to the world.” Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon shows that pa‧rou‧si′a is used at times in secular Greek literature to refer to the “visit of a royal or official personage.”

On the other hand, in Matthew 24:30, which says

"Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky. All the people on earth will cry in agony when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds in the sky with power and great glory.

In this scripture the Greek word er‧kho′me‧non is used, for the English word coming and it has a totally different meaning. This event is ahead of of us.
And as Vine's says it's "until his manifestation to the world" so the Pa‧rou‧si′a leads into the Er‧kho′me‧non.

In conclusion.
Quick Greek lesson

Pa‧rou‧si′a=Present / Last Days
Er‧kho′me‧non=Future / Tribulation Period

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
Watch out for some of those who are replying here, claiming to be Christians. Even Satan knows the scriptures.

I agree with you 100%! It's time to be ready! God's mercy IS running out!
Agreed, there are MANY wolves in sheep's clothing in this world. But any trained Christian can quickly tell the sheep from the goats.

like this supposed Christian who claimed to have had a vision of heaven. It sounded all good n such, but this person claimed that every time Jesus spoke to him He called him "Servant"... But Jesus clearly states in the Word that He no longer calls us servants, but "friends".

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I can't really address a list 10 verses posted out of context. It's important to read the entire paragraph and understand how it relates to the entire book. Just posting single verses from different parts of the Bible is problematic at best.

Paul's purpose in Romans 9,10, 11 is to answer the question "what about National Israel?" The church is described as "grafted in" and Israel is described as blinded "until the time of the gentiles be fulfilled" --- blinded not replaced.

Paul makes that very very clear in Romans 11.

I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew.

You just can not say it any more clearly than that.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Thanks for that explanation. You are right the Greek word parousia used in the NT to speak of the arrival (2 Cor 7:6f; Phil 1:26) or presence of someone (2 Cor 10:10). I meant parousia in the general accepted way it is used for the second coming. As per Revelation 19.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I have to say I agree with everything you said in that post JIT. I suspect 2012 is a demonic cover story to divert attention away from bible prophecy and on to paganism. Mayan calendars, Hopi Indians etc. etc. I do find it interesting that Satan is ramping up his deceptions - it does point to the lateness of the hour as well!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join