It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Push To Sanction Backers of Gaza Flotilla Gains Steam in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Push To Sanction Backers of Gaza Flotilla Gains Steam in U.S.

forward.com

WASHINGTON — Jewish groups, working with congressional leaders, are pressing to designate one of the main organizers of the humanitarian flotilla that sought to break Israel’s blockade of Gaza as a terrorist group.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

With a boost from Senate leaders, the Jewish groups are lobbying the administration to sanction Insani Yardım Vakfı, the nonprofit sponsor of the ship Mavi Marmara. Nine Turkish passengers, including one dual-nationality American, were killed on the Gaza-bound Turkish vessel when Israeli commandos seized control of it in international waters, leading to a clash between the commandos and some of the passengers.

Wow! I couldn't believe it how low can some people stoop. Branding aid organisations and aid activists as terrorist!! This is to discourage anymore such activists or people to send aid IMO.
What they have not told anyone that this same group also helped in the recent Haiti earthquake. Some background information on I.H.H (the group which sponsored Mavi Marmara)

An Islamic organization, IHH was formed in 1994 in response to the war in Bosnia. It provides shelter, clothing, food and various other necessities to individuals in conflict or natural disaster zones. IHH is presently involved in humanitarian aid projects in over 120 countries, including Ethiopia, Haiti, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Palestine.

In 2005, IHH was designated by the Turkish General Directorate of Foundations as the foundation that uses its resources in the most efficient way. The Turkish Parliament also awarded IHH with the Parliamentary Award of Honor in 2007.

IHH has had Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ESOCO) since 2004. It is also affiliated with the Organization of the Islamic Conference to the United Nations, the Council of International Organizations for Relief in Iraq and the Union of NGOs of the Islamic World.

Source

This won't go well worldwide if USA brands aid organization as terrorist organisation for providing aid and relief material in conflict zone.

forward.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes we are all terrorists now and yet the real terrorists in Iserail are allowed to do as they like.

Good chance it will go through even if they called the red cross terrorists because most US politicians are in the bak pock of the zionists as if proof was needed.

When will american people wake up.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I real realy want to comment on this low stoop by the zionists... But i made a pronise to myself not to get dragged into the debate on ATS as it realy brings out the worst in me.

But i agree with the you.... Realy low stunt

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is extremely low. They want to do anything they can to make it impossible for the Palestinians to even get food into their country. They are trying to make it so miserable for them that they will just pack up and leave to Jordan or whereever.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey, but the really good news is that they are allowing school text books through the blockade now. You know, I have been trying to work out why they were banned and have just figured it out. Palestinian kids could have made paper planes out of them and sent them flying across the boarder. This would have caused the Israeli Patriot missile system to have engaged the paper planes and cause unnecessary alarm.

Maybe they can allow some concrete so families can stop living in tents and rebuild their homes.

Very gracious Israel, very gracious (sarcasm).

Edit to say: No, the concrete will allow people to live like human beings. We can't have that can we. If only we could focus the same kind of energy on this issue as we can oil.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the comments, this is as bad as it can get...there no worse point than this. What remains to be seen is whether US administration will buckle under the pressure of Jewish lobbies, groups or stand with humanitarian right.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
Thank you for the comments, this is as bad as it can get...there no worse point than this. What remains to be seen is whether US administration will buckle under the pressure of Jewish lobbies, groups or stand with humanitarian right.

With the size of Israel's Washington lobby, I bet on a watered down version being passed.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The terrorists in our government and the Israeli government are more dangerous than these aid workers. How about some of the world try to sanction us? I bet these groups bringing the idea, of sanctions, up are just Israeli butt puppets who try to push whatever agenda that Israel wants since the country is too weak and pathetic to do anything without America backing them up. Like a 12 year old talking big while having a man, with a machine gun with an itchy trigger finger, behind them.

I feel bad for the Jews who get a bad rep because of these fools trying to push things through just because they have an erection for their own power and don't want anyone helping the people they oppress.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Amerika ein volk ein reich ein fuhrer .. Supporting tyrants and genocide worldwide..

new topics

top topics

join