It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoted: Military/red cross heli at private port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lived here over 10 years and never seen a military craft nor red cross at our private subdivision airport. Just got home and there is a large military type heli with a medic type marking that was parked but has since left.

I took a good pic of it then turned and left ASAP. As soon as I turned one of the officers was yelling out to me but I ignored him and kept walking.

Anyone know how to upload pics to this site??? Can not seem to figure it out.

Please post up if any more locals notice a un-normal military activity in FL.

Would like to know ASAP if they plan to evac due to the oil spill.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by robbinsj]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

I'm no good at posting pictures, I hope someone else helps you. I do know the guys at our airport, and I have spent a lot of time there. I also lived at Eglin and Hurlburt in Florida.

It is not unusual for a military or Coast Guard helicopter to land at a private airfield. It could be training, or fuel, or a bathroom break!

What city are you in? And good luck with the pics.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I live near Destin, FL and i have been seeing a very large number of 747 type aircraft that are(I assume) privately owned. They are all
white with no markings, absolutely none. I've lived here my whole life never seen these all white large passenger jets before

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

here is a thread authored by a Conspiracy Chick, no less, that may help with posting pics and such-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

tks,helpful thread that is. Tried to upload and only get this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15872 bytes) in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/image.class.php on line 129

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
found out I can post elseware and link so here is the delayed pic

i47.tinypic.com...

"http://i47.tinypic.com/295uvkj.jpg" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Good job, nice pic!

But uh... mow your grass

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan

Good job, nice pic!

But uh... mow your grass

lmao! Was not my yard or I would have gotten closer, that is an empty lot. I decided to take my pic there to solidify my right to be there.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Ah, well you should roll some hay-bails in that yard for some extra bucks!

So what exactly is a "neighborhood airport?" That's a new concept for me.

And while I'm asking questions, where is this neighborhood? Trying to figure out why they would stop there. Also seems odd that they would make a landing, not do anything, and then take off again. I mean, what reason would they have to stop? Not like they re-fueled, dropped off cargo, stopped for a Pepsi... just odd.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DamaSan]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That is most certainly a UH-60 Blackhawk ... most likely in use with a US Army Aeromedical Evacuation squadron.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You live out in the lakeland area? I went skydiving out there round mulberry before. Dude didnt do an emergency landing on his way/from macdill?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan

Ah, well you should roll some hay-bails in that yard for some extra bucks!

So what exactly is a "neighborhood helipad?" That's a new concept for me. Can you tell us what those buildings are in the background?

And while I'm asking questions, where is this neighborhood? Trying to figure out why they would stop there. Also seems odd that they would make a landing, not do anything, and then take off again. I mean, what reason would they have to stop? Not like they re-fueled, dropped off cargo, stopped for a Pepsi... just odd.

It was a sky diving training port years ago but for about 10 years its been privetly owned with "Kings Landing". Kings Landing is located by I-75 and Hwy 54 in Pasco FL. All residence on that side of the street own planes and have rear hangers. I saw it running somthing that appeared to be flight tests according to my mother. I had just arrived from work when I took the pic.

Yes was very odd as I have been here 15 years and never seen this or anything close before at this port. It is for residence only.... So we are told.

Think what struck me was how pissed the guy down the street was. They closed the port and marked it no - fly the entire time they where there. They just took over and prance around like they own the place.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
That is most certainly a UH-60 Blackhawk ... most likely in use with a US Army Aeromedical Evacuation squadron.

Like Chris said, this really looks like a US Army medevac helicopter.

new topics

top topics

join