It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why MUST we believe? Is it threatening to NOT believe in alien visitation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

If it's so glaringly ,obviously real, then it should be easily proven.
Right?
Please don't worry too much about me living in a fantasy world.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
First I will point out that my questions were not answered, that is what research you have done, what would it take, etc.

The fact that you ignored the questions is indicative of arguing rather than carrying on an intelligent, rational exchange. It is easy to see that you are close minded and like many people, you require no "proof" to believe the things that you WANT to believe yet no proof is sufficient to convince you of things you do NOT choose to believe.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I have no intention of answering your questions or debating anything as to the existence of an alien presence. Don't like it, don't participate in my thread! There are plenty of UFO/alien threads on ATS, I'm not trolling anybody.
Of course you say I am "closed minded"
, it's obvious that any rational person that has done "research"
, would naturally agree with you!
This is exactly the kind of hubris I'm talking about!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks to NephraTari and Malcram for their responses. Very well worded.

I'm not sure what the OP was thinking on this one. "Is it threatening?" No it's not threatening. It doesn't matter to me what you believe. What matters is you present your beliefs in a semi-scholarly way.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Meh, the OP is clearly not willing to engage in some form of intellectual debate. It is fairly evident he'd rather quip back with, at best, mild insults, and at worst, antagonistic rudely worded responses.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
he started off ok, then ended up looking like an idiot

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Guys, you totally miss the point.
You want to engage in some debate as to the existence of aliens on earth, what UFO's are etc.
That isn't what I posted, and I said that I didn't want to do that!
What I want to know is why are you so insistant that I, along with everyone else "believe"! It's a quasi religious thing, so there is no "intellectual debate" involved! Read the replies! Plenty of you are miffed that people dare to continue to not see any reason to "believe"! JUST THE TERM "BELIEVE" SAYS IT ALL! THERE IS NO PROOF, IT'S A MATTER OF FAITH, NOT EVIDENCE, PROOF, SCIENCE OR LOGIC!
IT'S FAITH!
Your posts prove you are compelled to convert me! I rest MY CASE!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by OldDragger]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join