It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are NOT unified in this crisis! WHY????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have been noticing..for the past few days..or maybe week..since this "oil" crisis..some things that are actually shocking to me.

First of all..yes..the oil leak is real..none of us know what will really become of it. The facts are out there.
Death, uncountable..from the creatures who inhabit the sea..
Sickness to humans..and loss of jobs..these are facts..
This is NOT A JOKE, people! It's sickening and it's sad.

Now, the reason for me creating this thread, is..I feel ATS used to be a unified site..
That saying..people from ALL over the country/world..working together to learn and share information.

Since the oil crisis..it seems..and this maybe just MY opinion..but it seems to me that we are torn now..with the British people.

I see attacks on here..and even threads made just for British people!!

What has happened to us!!! Is this what you want!!!!

To me..all of us are brothers and sisters..so maybe it's more of a shock..but for god's sake..if we cant stand together in a crisis..of ANY kind..then you tell me..

Where will this lead us?

Yes..this happened here in our coasts..yes..it was a company with a British name..SO f*cking what!!! ITs done..stop blaming and start working together!!

I for one..am not blaming ONE single Brit for this..not one!!! And why should I..its not YOU..the people..but what we have ALL been working for..against the powers that be..

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT!!!!!!

Please..for the sake of all of us..we MUST be united!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Because humans are not, and never have been, unified.

That is what is going to cause the demise of humans.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

BANG ON!

You want the evidence for that statement?

Just look back at humans history.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
And that's not saying too much about us..is it..

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I DO NOT condone ANY attacks against the British people or Britain as a nation as a result of this sad tragedy.

That said, I'd like to gently remind my British friends that Americans (as individual people) have had to get used to being blamed for EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, wrong with the planet ever since our previous Idiot-in-Chief decided that Gawd wanted him to invade Iraq in 2003. Whatever rancor the British are experiencing on the Internet or in world/US opinion is the merest fraction of the tiniest taste of the unfairness US citiizens as individuals have had to put up with in terms of misdirected world fury over the past 7 years or so. Stings, doesn't it? Don't worry, you grow a thicker skin after the seven-trillionth irrelevant personal attack or so.

Be that as it may, let me strongly reiterate my belief that ANY rancor directed at the UK or UK individuals not directly connected with this tragedy is misplaced and WRONG. Some of us still love you, UK.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
we're not unified about much these days. in part, this is by design, i believe. and in part it's because the minority often seem to be very vocal. maybe that's by design too.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I have to say that I have been noticing the very same thing here on ATS lately…all of this bickering and trying to blame one another.

And after puzzling about this for a while, I have been coming to the conclusion that this is intentional and by design. This is probably exactly what "they" want (whoever you want to fill in "they" with).

If people…meaning us….who I understand have recently been called the "small people"…are too busy fighting amongst ourselves, arguing back and forth, and trying to lay blame with the other guy, then we lose our cohesiveness and we lose our power.

Remember: A house divided against itself cannot stand.

I am personally hoping that more and more people will begin to see and understand this. We cannot allow ourselves to become divided like this. We need to stay united and try to put aside our differences in order to work together.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapient
I have to say that I have been noticing the very same thing here on ATS lately…all of this bickering and trying to blame one another.

And after puzzling about this for a while, I have been coming to the conclusion that this is intentional and by design. This is probably exactly what "they" want (whoever you want to fill in "they" with).

If people…meaning us….who I understand have recently been called the "small people"…are too busy fighting amongst ourselves, arguing back and forth, and trying to lay blame with the other guy, then we lose our cohesiveness and we lose our power.

Remember: A house divided against itself cannot stand.

I am personally hoping that more and more people will begin to see and understand this. We cannot allow ourselves to become divided like this. We need to stay united and try to put aside our differences in order to work together.

Wonderfully put!!
And I couldnt have said it better..!!

My hope is that we all wake up and see that this isnt going to solve anything! We DO need to be united! A united world..a united ATS

And yes..I DO love the uk

top topics

join