It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a methane sublimation event beginning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I was taking a last look before bed at the ROV feeds:

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

I got to wondering why the cameras are so often just looking at apparently empty water.

The I realized the water isn't empty but filled with spermy-looking white things zipping about. As I watched for awhile it became apparent that they were most likely methane hydrate crystals melting.

After watching for a bit longer it dawned on me that the cameras are probably recording so they can get an idea of how much methane is sublimating out of or off of the seafloor, and over how broad an area. If I'm correct the "empty water" screens should be showing a longitude/latitude search pattern around the BOP. I know the depths stay steady, but I haven't really paid attention to the lat/long readouts, my bad.

I've also noticed a varying type of white shapes: a lot of small roundish ones and longer kind of mucuousy stranded ones. Some appear to have a reddish tint.

Don't know if it it means anything or not, for the moment I am just speculating and asking folk to help me keep an eye on this. If anyone has the technical expertise to say one way or the other if that is indeed what they are I'd appreciate it.

Also any thoughts on how much they are adding to the leak if that is what they are.

With that, I'm off to bed.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I've noticed a marked increase in oil and hydrates over the last 3 days. One pressure meter is now engulfed in oil which wasn't two days ago.

More silvery stuff coming out and it seems blacker than the normal orange at the moment... weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

new topics

join