It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parliament: Iceland should be secure digital port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Parliament: Iceland should be secure digital port

winfuture.de

The Parliament of Iceland has asked the country's government to revise the press law and creating a safe haven for digital journalism.

An application filed by the "Icelandic Modern Media Initiative (IMMI). This was developed in cooperation with the whistleblower Wikileaks platform and summarize the achievements of several other countries in the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.onpointradio.org
translate.google.de

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WikiLeaks is asking for urgent help

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
These are exciting times. While US government has seemingly reached their goal, to identify a leaker and warn potential leakers to trust in anonymity, in the same time little Iceland is building a shelter for organizations like wikileaks and journalists.

The Icelanders want to discuss these matters internationally. Maybe others will follow.

I think, it is a good developement, especially since there is some discomfort with the Obama administration, that is bringing hardline-prosecution against leakers.

winfuture.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Siddharta]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Bring it Bring it Bring it Bring it .... ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who have cloaked their evil actions with power and threats of violence are about the rug pulled out from under them.

GO ICELAND ....

GO JULIAN ....

GO WIKI LEAKS ...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
yes lets create a physical place where we can put all the most sensitive data on the internet in one spot.

that wont make it easier for them. come on people wake up.
your walking headfirst into a trap...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

They're not actually, they're creating a safe haven for whistle blowers & journo's so they can be free from prosecution on leaking sensitive, unethical or illegal actions by companies or individuals.

Once the information is leaked it spreads like wild fire all over the net through individual downloads ... I think it will be ok

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
it's a good move by iceland and is a bit like the tax havens like the isle of man but is more up to date and will allow the island to profit and i'm sure othes will follow.

With us all being watched more and more it's only time before we are all using servers based abroad to access our emails and bit-torrents and already browsing stats show that a lot or people are using Russian servers to access site over here.

Wikileaks needs our suport and we should all send them a few quid to keep up the good fight.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

ask yourself how big of a mistake that would be if it were "them" that was orchestrating this whole thing.

would that not be the perfect move to get a 1 up on whistleblowing? their only real problem? if they successfully get you to think they are legit based on this whole charade and become the main hub for whistleblowers, then they have successfully quelled all future leaks. wouldnt it be great for them if us pawns came running to THEM to tell on "them"?

why does there need to be a leak HQ? that seems completely and utterly foolish to me to put all your eggs in 1 basket. specially when theres credible intel suggesting the same (cryptome...another whistleblower site with more clout)

now ask yourself why the hell 1 whistleblower-hub would accuse another, of not being legit? specially when the one doing the accusing has no financial motive, and the accused happens to be begging for $$$.that seems kind of counter-productive for 2 forces supposedly on the same side. dont know about you but that doesnt really add up considering there shouldnt even be a profiting side to this issue.

and not to mention all of the hype wikileaks keeps surrounding itself in. come on remember there last Debut that they sensationalized for 2 weeks prior to the release? what is this a movie premier? just release the sh!t if thats what your all about. and the begging for money so they can "buy computers to decrypt the video", do they really think we are that naive?

now look at this next leak, they are hyping it in the same way as the last one.none of the moves they are making seem very practical for their alleged situation, and yet all the moves they are making seem perfect for the plot of a bad movie. i just think this is exactly how the CIA would handle it, and not one bit how a real hacker would go about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Julian Assange is legit in my opinion he's got a good track record and he's been up on hacking charges in Australia back in the 90's.

Maybe it is a conspiracy but my gut feeling is telling me to back the guy.

I've watched dozens of his interviews & presentations and for me what he does & says resonates deeply with me ... just me opinion but I'm going to run with it and support the guy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The Icelandic Modern Media Initiative describes here, what their visions and aims are:

IMMI

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Guess which new country joined the axis of evil, is developing nuclear weapons and harbors terrorist. Time to spread some democracy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
lots of interesting things happening in iceland at the moment, it is a small country, things happen quickly. yesterday the new mayor of reykjavík, the anarchist comedian jón gnarr, was instated into office after the surprising landslide victory of his joke 'best party' (which is now allegedly catching on in california among other places.) i posted this thread on it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i follow the progress with interest.

new topics

top topics

join