It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is an extinction level event. BP = Broken Planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I did the math and figured that every MONTH this thing spills, it will kill an area of water the size of Rhode Island.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You do how big the ocean is right. Even if that leak could never be plugged. It would be another 100 years or so before even ocean life was wiped out.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Since my last post did not get a reply from the OP I will ask again. I thought nuking it was off the table. So how exactly is this going to kill every last one of us?

And even if they do nuke it and it goes wrong how exactly will it end all life on this planet?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

If you watched the two videos, it lays out the ELE scenario....

There are many ways that this coud become an ELE but heres one:

1. Scientist in video 2 suggests dinosaurs were killed by Methane chain reaction caused by possibly the comet impact 60 billion years ago
2. We nuke the oil because its our last resort (And yes its on the table even if they say its not...when the MSM like CNN, MSNBC, Blommberg etc are discussing it...it's softening up the public to the idea, the controlled MSM propaganda machine wouldn't let it on the air if it wasn't on the table)
3a. The nuke triggers a methane chain reaction like the one that killed the dinosaurs, we choke to death or burn to death in an ignited methane storm
or
3b. The nuke fractures the seafloor to the point where Billions upon Billions of gallons spew out in a giant oilmageddon. The Entire atlantic turns to oil....the ways that can be an ELE are various and several

Either way, we are screwed. Roll your eyes if you wish, but yours, mine, and everyone on the planet's life is in grave danger from this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It seems also that very close to this site was also an ELE a few million years ago. I am refrerring here to the Chicxulub / Mayan "the tail of the devil" crater.
Just some useless info for the folks who believe that "what comes around goes around..."

en.wikipedia.org...
maps.google.com...://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=1226046&t=k&om=1

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I doubt there is enough oil under the whole of the GoM to wipe out all marine life ...... besides the pressure will naturallly decrease with time and the hole fill itself.

Yes, extreme very worse case scenario it could seriously decimate marine life across the whole of the GoP. Which, literally, is still just a drop in the ocean ....

I think people fail to appreciate how big the Earth is and how small America and the GoP are in comparison.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

A drop in the ocean is a drop in the ocean.

Check it:

There are 343 quintillion gallons of water in all the Earth's oceans. There are 650 quadrillion gallons in the Gulf of Mexico.

So 343,000/650 = 5276.93

For every one drop which is a representation of the Gulf of Mexico, there's approximately 5,276 drops which represents the Earth's oceans.

There are 5,760 drops in a 16 oz pint, so if you ordered a pint sized beer, and it came out about 9/10's full, the mug could be thought of as the Earth's water, and a drop of sweat splashing into it as the Gulf of Mexico.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by unityemissions]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join