It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fire 'Caused by Lightning' Has Shut Down a System Capturing Oil from the BP Leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

A fire 'caused by lightning' has shut down a system capturing oil from the BP leak

news.yahoo.com

NEW ORLEANS – A bolt of lightning struck the ship capturing oil from a blown-out BP well in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday, igniting a fire that halted containment efforts in another setback for the embattled company in its nearly two-month struggle to stop the spill, the company said.

The fire was quickly extinguished and no one was injured. BP said it hopes to resume containing oil from the well sometime Tuesday afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ever get the feeling that luck is not on your side ? , if it wasn't so serious it would be funny.
BP spokesman Robert Wine said "At the moment, there's no capture, no containment going on, but we'll start up the Enterprise when it's safe to do so,", so back to square one then .
With the hurricane season about to start it makes you wonder if this is ever going to end .

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sometimes you just cant catch a break. This truly truly sucks.

edit to keep thread on topic.

Sorry OP ... I fail.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by underduck]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's never going to end. It's a gushing leak over a natural oil super well. We don't have the technology to stop it, and the amount spewed into the gulf increases every day. It will continue to increase until their is a massive gash on the sea floor and the entire Gulf of Mexico is black, and working on blackening the eastern seaboard.

BP is doing nothing to stop it, absolutely nothing. They were once concerned with "capturing oil" to to save their own money, but now that they've realized the colossal disaster that is taking place, and the much larger one that is about to reveal itself, they have stopped even trying.

That's why the government isn't stepping in at all, that's why there is virtually no clean-up operations on the shore, or any sort of safety measures being revealed to the public along the gulf. It's because it is about to get much worse, much, much worse.

Call it fear mongering if you wish, but that's the reality of a situation where a massive gushing oil leak continues to spew for the next year. It will the turn the sea black, for the rest of our natural lives. Hopefully our children are clever enough to invent technology appropriate for this sort of situation to save what's left of the planet in 100 years.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I caught the tail end of the report on tv and was waiting for them to get back to it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time, what with the gases, oil, and stupid blind luck. This will only get worse. Its man against nature and man will surely lose, or pay a heavy price. I am surprised that prople didnt expect this to happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
Alright religious fans ... what was god's hand in this?

I wouldn't say I'm a religious fan, but what about the giant statue of jesus (largest in the northern hemisphere) getting struck by lighting and burning away last night?

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Before
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29d1dfa191d7.jpg[/atsimg]

As of a few hours ago
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72a3160bf3d3.jpg[/atsimg]

Updated 2:35 AM Tuesday, June 15, 2010
MONROE — The large Jesus statue iconic to Interstate 75 in Monroe was destroyed following an apparent lightning strike during a thunderstorm.

Motorists were stopped along the highway and around the Monroe area to watch the 62-foot King of Kings statue burn. The fire was reported at 11:15 p.m. Monday, June 14. Within minutes, all that was left was the steel frame of the statue at Solid Rock Church, 904 N. Union Road.
Source

[edit on 15-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
Alright religious fans ... what was god's hand in this?

Seriously though ... sometimes you just cant catch a break. This truly truly sucks.

Its not GOD remember who he gave Earth controll over.
2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

He is sick of all the images ehh???????
2nd sorry mods

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh please enough of this god did this crap thing, god doesnt control everything, as for the oil leak, i say its either one of these 3

1.Flase Flag
2.gusher
3. undersea volcano

The third one is most likey.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

undersea volcano ?
Please explain how you came to that conclusion .
As for the fire , it's a perfect example of sods law ....."Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Lightning huh? I`ll have to remember that one next time I dont feel like doing something... or next time I need a good cover story! (for what though? terrorist attack? they really are giving up? they are no longer interested in sucking up the oil because they somehow figured out they would not profit from doing so? [overabundance? oil is tainted with something making it worthless? the worlds gonna end now anyway so theres no point in anything anymore?] oil is needed to remain in ocean to cause planned disaster? like 911 is this merely a "controlled demolition" only on a worldwide scale? or perhaps they calculated that their transportation costs were too high to be able to make much of a profit off the oil they suck, so instead they will set up amphibious oil sucking machines at the beaches and just let the oil come to them? ...clever!
Wow ok so let me get this straight... A lightningbolt hit the boat doing cleanup. And it started a fire on the boat. So the boat is damaged then? I`d like to see some pics... I`m assuming that the big bad lightning bolt "went away" by now... and I`m hoping that the fire is not still raging as we speak. But I just have one question, is this the only boat in the world? Or are they worried that another lightning bolt might cost them some more $$$ in repairs? Cause we can`t really just wait around ya kno? It`s the sea, there`s gonna be lightning... there`s gonna be a risk factor no matter what. Why arent there 10 boats doing this work? Or 100? Aggamemnon sailed the Greek army to the Battle of Troy with 1,000 ships, for the beauty of Helen of Sparta(Now Helen of Troy)... I mean yeah, "love conquers all" and everything but not to sound unromantic or anything but I`d have to say that this oilspill ranks up there pretty high on my list of concerns & priorities at the moment. COME ON YOU COWARDS! wheres the 1000 ships to save the ocean in which you dare sail upon! Now I understand the reasoning behind the words which angered me so much when i first heard them: "The stars are not for man." Now it is becoming clear that the gotdang seas are not for man! Ya know I always laughed a bit at the Luddites... But maybe there is some truth to the idea that the Serpent in the garden of Edin lured man to go against his God... lured him with knowledge. Perhaps not but interesting to think about when you see where our technology has gotten us and our planet. God said if you eat from the tree of knowledge you shall surely die... this can be interpreted many ways. The 2 that come to my mind are "ok so if man did not eat the "apple" then we would all be immortals and never die" ok that sounds kinda crazy but a LOT of people believe that. The other 1 that seems possible is that our pursuit for more knowledge will eventually kill us all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

God and Mother Nature are certainly letting their feelings be known. Unreal the times in which we live.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So its not the knowledge or even the tech thats harmful, its our hurried pursuit of it. We want to see the next thing before we even barely understand what we just discovered last month! And yes this is obviously a symptom of ARMS RACES and WARS. We gotta be better prepared than "the enemy". Well whos the enemy? We are all people here tryin to survive so the "enemy" is whatever it is that is causing us to fight in the first place... think on that one for a while.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join