It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain says NO to Kerry (developing story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sen. John McCain rejects Sen. John Kerry's overtures to join Democratic presidential ticket, AP reports. CNN is working to confirm.

www.cnn.com

Oh I hope he picks John Edwards to run with him

[edit on 11-6-2004 by kaoscreator]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What does McCain turning down the position say for Kerry?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

That Kerry is an inclusionist and uniter, but McCain is maintaining the Republican tradition of hillbilly feuding.

To be fair to McCain, it says he wants the option to run for President in 2008 no matter who wins 2004. Bush or Kerry.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here is a Guardian/AP article on this.
AP: McCain Rejects Kerry's VP Overture

This is nothing new....
McCain stated this on a number of public news networks that he was not interested in accepting the VP under Kerry. My guess would be when rumors first emerged that he (McCain) was the number one choice, he began announcing that he was not interested.

This news today only confirms it and makes it official. Sadly, there are a number of Independent's and Dem's who are not happy over this, but hey, Hillary is still available, isn't she?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"The development may lay to rest speculation that Kerry and McCain would reach across Washington's deep partisan divide and create an unprecedented political partnership."

I maybe wrong but I read it twice. No where does the report identify the source of this news report. Sure they asked both parties for comment; but no where did the reported suggest he had 'a tip' that what happened, happened.

This is more the work of a Rove type to plan such a story to embarrass McCain; portray Kerry as some one who doesn�t know the definition of �no�. And to keep in the public�s mind that John has said NO.

Having a Kerry- McCain fusion ticket would be a landslide winner. The Bush-Rove minion�s could not allow that to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Any ticket reads better than one containing the words "Bush" or "Cheney" which will be synonymous with the period of greatest criminality in the Whitehouse since the nation was formed.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

To me it says..."I'm a Republican and I'm not changing my ticket". I also wish he would pick Edwards. Together they pick up a big cross section. It gets the North and South thing accomplished, the sweet/warm vs. stiff/serious thing accomplished, the small town mentality vs. the big town thing, the schooled politician vs. the committed personal advocate, the political plus the legal, the ugly and the cute. I think it covers all the bases really. And it would make me happier because I wanted to vote for John Edwards anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator
Sen. John McCain rejects Sen. John Kerry's overtures ...

What...?

So here's another article on it, citing two "Democratic officials."

I woulda considered voting for Kerry if McCain had run with him. McCain's a cool guy.

-B.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
McCain is aces in my book, too. (Howya doing gal! Kick anyone�s a$$ lately?) ;-)

Thanks for the links. I read the rewrite I guess. I tried the AP wire but didn't find it.

But I have to smile; it's the same old "un-named source". But one must say the recent Judith Miller thingie effects seems to be working its way thru the profession.............he has two "un-named" sources���.�where there�s a will��� �..how does it go now?

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.

---Salvador Dali

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think that Kerry's running mate should be Hillary

They would make a dinamic duo

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That would surly do in the U.S.A. imho ..have you read mr morris's book?

While I dont agree alot with sen mccain...He does have intestinal fortitude.....and that is worht respect..

kerry..I dont know what to make of the guy ,really who is he?.

I dont like Bush either,but I know what Im getting with him...

I look at things this way., if the media likes someone...I dont.....

top topics

join