It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Helicopters Over Wooded Area In NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is a must know incident that happened just yesterday in my small town of Herkimer NY
As my husband and i were at a child's birthday party we along with about 20 or more other's around us noticed a loud rumbling of engine's
We look up and we see before us 3 unmarked black helicopter's flying quite low to the apartment complex across the street from were we were.
Flying in perfect formation 1 space in between each other and very much in sync
We have heard of these being seen in this area before now But have not until now seen them ourself's
We are still sitting at home wondering why these helicopter's would be flying in this area
Something is obviously going on
Let me paint u a picture of this area we saw them in...
Small country town,Population 62,200
Around us is litrally nothing but tree's and hill's
That's why we are called the Mohawk Valley.
The closest airport,army base, or anything remotely close to were u would see a helicopter or plane is over an hour away
These helicopter's were flying into a wooded area
We know they were unmarked because it was 1pm and they were no farther than 10 feet above the building next door which is a 6 story elderly people's complex.
If anyone has any further question's or answer's for me Please dont hesitate to contact me
This is really bothering me

Here is the other area's around my home town with date's of other sighting's such as this that i found on a local message board

Herkimer Road past Dyke Rd around the Millers Grove, Dutchtown Rd area Feb 20 2010

Deerfield Feb 20,2010

North Utica Feb 21,2010

This is a link to that message board
www.topix.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There could be tons of reasons for helicopters to be around.
1) They could be trying to find a grow-op, probably of marijuana. Where you live actually sounds like a good place for such an operation to happen.
2) They could be looking for a run-away fugitive.
3) Maybe Bin-Laden was on the helicopter and he wanted to see if there were any caves near-by he could live in for the next few years.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
still to early in NY for choppers to be searchin out ganja plants.
and when it is time,
they usually dont do it in 3's,
(specially not in NY, can't grow fields that big in NY, Cali is another story)lol
and its usually not black choppers that do it.

I know the area you are in KrillsAngelWings~
lots of forest for sure!
Beautiful area.

really though there could be many reasons for them being there,
and unless there were some other reports of strangeness in the area
(UFO reports, meteor reports, etc),
I think it would be difficult to even speculate at this point.

Thanks for the report,
maybe we will hear of some other things in the area?

edit:, ohh, i used to love Herkimer 'diamond' mine when I was young!
I really want to get back there and find some rocks.
now that I know more about them! lol

I will get back there someday.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Exactly! I have been searching all week for other sightings or anything out of the ordinary and have yet to see anything but then again if something big was happening and the government is in on it i probly wouldnt see anything about it anyway lol

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is nothing odd about military helicopters flying around populated areas. As a former UH-60 crewchief, we flew all over the southeastern US for training. (that's where I was based for most of my time in service.) Sometimes alone... sometimes in formation.

As far as being black and unmarked... they probably just looked that way. the CARC paint that is used on the helicopters is a very dark green and looks black from far away. The markings themselves are black and are difficult to see from a distance.

You are only 80 miles from Ft. Drum. There are dozens of helicopters there, I have been there myself. It is well within the range we would go for training.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Stupe]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Stupe]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
what type of helicopters were they, did they look military or where they civilian, did they have any for of insinga, or other badges, were they matt green (which looks black during the day in certain lights) did they look like they were looking for something or were they in a hurry and just passing by, you need to answer these questions to get a decent type of response here

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

They looked military but im no expert . There were no insignia or logos there were also no visable numbers or letters. They were definetly black it was broad daylight and they were not green. Alot of people watched it happen with me and no one identified them as green.My husband and i looked around online for a picture that show's what they looked like and we found one that was the general shape and look of it.They did seem to be in a hurry but im not trained at judging airspeed.There were 3 of them evenly spaced apart flying in a line formation with excellent timing.They moved like they were definitly used to flying in groups.They were going in the opposite direction of fort drum and were flying extremly low over a residential area.As for the the idea that this happen's all the time it might but not over our town. We occasionaly see privately owned or emergrngy service's helicopter's but not on a regular base's.We just dont get much air traffic over our town that low. We have also been to fort drum and did not see anything like this before.If it was something that was not odd i would not have posted it.This was something new to me and i have lived here all my life .I have been to the airshow's at a few different local base's and air field's none of which are very close and i have never seen anything that looked like the 3 we saw.
This picture has many type's.I circled the one that looked most like what we saw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02a1abee10e5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Harvest Season is most definitely NOT the only time that authorities look for crops of cannabis. I know this for a fact. I don't want to say personal experience but lets say friend of a friend.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

I can not say that's an untrue statment But they do not do it in 3's Nor do they do it in the middle of town When there is plenty of meth lab's and growing of weed n such goin on in the country area's surrounding the town And not in the direction they were heading tword's

top topics

join