It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endangered Tiger Found In Man's Freezer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Endangered Tiger Found In Man's Freezer

A tiger, several turtles, a monkey and the remains of a chimpanzee have been discovered in a household freezer.

Police found the dead animals in a raid on a suburban house in Coventry and have arrested a 52-year-old man.

Seriously... What the hell is wrong with some people???

This guy was basically trading in Endangered Animal Specimens... I hope they throw the book at him.

I just don’t get it

Apparently this is big business and poachers target endangered Animals because of their value... Greedy, selfish horrible people!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Witch craft or herbal remedies...
Even though I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a tiger in the wild I still feel this is wrong and atrocious.

I've always found big cats to be extremely interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Times are tough.

If a few species have to go extinct so humans can get by, that's too bad.

Especially the viscous ones like tigers - let them perish.

Tigers are monsters anyways. If some asian guy thinks monster penis will help his virility or sore throat, then let him buy it from an Englishman.

*It is government regulation of these species that is killing them. Free from government interference, entrepreneurs could breed the animals and sell them for profit. This would mean that there is a financial incentive to preserve the species.

It is an example of the Tragedy of the Commons is what it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's not something I've ever really looked into indepth, but I've always head rumors of some of the elite and filthy rich people having some kind of fetish for consuming endangered animals. It conjures up images of some kind of high end "Speak Easy" where one could order Bald Eagle Wings and Rhinocerous roast. I would imagine there's alot of money to be made in that kind of trade. There's also some really weird collectors in the world who have little regard for the illegal markets they create, wouldn't surprise me to find out this guy is selling tiger paw ash trays.
People are crazy, regardless of thier status.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Just as an update...

It seems that the internet is fuelling a revival in the trade of endangered species.

Online activity is making it easier for people to trade in these items...

Campaigners say it is easier than ever before to buy and sell anything from live baby lions to polar bear pelts on online auction sites and chatrooms.

news.bbc.co.uk...

How on earth do you stop that?? This problem is massive!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

How on earth do you stop that?? This problem is massive!

You allow anyone who wants to the right to breed and sell the exotic animals.

Then the animal products will be coming from the farmed animals whose existence reduces the chances of those farmed species going extinct.

Of course, the envirocultist whiners won't have it. It just makes too much sense.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

top topics

join