It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Hollywood outrage against BP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe, that if this oil spill happened under the watch of G.W. Bush, that the Hollywood elite would not be out in droves to whine about the Gulf Spill. Where is Brad Pitt with his hip wadders on, cleaning up a seagull? lot's of people call for the boycott of BP, but how does a boycott of BP clean up the oil spill any faster? It would seem the less revenue that BP makes hinders their efforts to stop, and clean up the spill. but it just ticks me off to no end, that these elitist left wing celebs can't find the time to, help or raise money for a disaster with this much environmental impact. I thought they cared about the environment? they have the time to go to Arizona, and Whine about illegal immigrants rights. They have the time to push for all kinds of crazy causes. Where are they now? We all pay good money to see their lackluster films... and listen to them go on and on about their political views, as if we care. The Celebs who are speaking out, only seem to be calling for boycott's and sanctions against BP, putting families they don't care about out of work, while they live in the lap of luxury. I say we boycott them instead... It doesn't matter to me if I never see a horrible George Clooney film again. I guess when it is their guy in office they don't care what happens, to the rest of the country. When it's some liberal agenda, they are all over it... but something like this that really matters... they want nothing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have been boycotting Hollywood for years.

Every once in awhile I give in and watch something, but I almost always come out criticizing it's crappy texture/taste.

Also, I feel like there is an unfair system of letting certain idiots write all of the scripts for Hollywood.

I think I could write a WAY better drama or action movie than they can. I mean it's pathetic, I have little to no creativity.

I guess that means they have negative creativity, if that is possible.

Seriously when is a new script coming out? Everything these days is based off books, video games, or older movies (remakes/sequels etc).

I agree with you but, I've been boycotting them for a long time.

If you just HAVE to support someone for giving you entertainment, get video games. At least this way you will be supporting actual CREATIVE developers.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Honestly, as craptacular as 99% of Hollywood's celluloid drivel is these days, I suppose I've been on a three-year boycott anyway so count me in

It's very simple. Obama isn't a Republican. Hence the silence of your Brad Pitts, your George Clooneys and their ilk. Oh there are a few who've been somewhat vocal - John Voight comes to mind (Republican, hence, dislikes most progressives anyway) but their voices are drowned out by the silence of their more liberal A-list contemporaries.

I realize you're simply trying to call attention to the obvious bias, but in all honesty it should come as no surprise. It's akin to someone being all shocked and shaken at the mere notion that Fox News is in bed with the GOP.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I believe that celeb's should remain mysterious... we know everything about these Idiots.
There is nothing special about any of them. If they don't care about people that is fine, they are paid to act, not to be humanitarians. I guess I would respect them more if they we're just honestly shallow.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Who cares what celebrities think? They mostly attach to political problems for publicity anyways.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Because Holywood is simply a playground for all the spoiled children of the elite. Entire careers happen because of a last name. They love putting
the fairytale storys together for people who come out of nowhere. Like Clark Gable was a waiter when he was discovered. Even if that were true
He was just doing that waiting on the timing to be right. Like a shoe-in.
They're all related to old money. Their careers are handed to them.
I'm sure you see this?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
S&F from me!

Where is James Cameron now? When he was here in Brazil, searching for locations to film Avatar 2, he took the opportunity to do some marketing, taking photos with our indians and asking our government not to build a hydroelectric dam.

Well, if he cares sooooo much about the environment, where is he now? Why isn't he addressing Obama on this issue the way he addressed our president on our plans to invest in energy?

Come on, James Cameron! Show Obama the same energy you showed our president. Do some speeches and rally with people and demand for a quick solution to the oil spill! Meh...

The day we depend on Hollywood to get something done, is the day we lost all hope.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Who cares what celebrities think? They mostly attach to political problems for publicity anyways.

I wish this was true. But after talking to my Mom... I know it isn't. You ask her about about Obama, she stares at you blankly, and say's " I like him" but she knows nothing about his policies. Ask her about any Celeb, then she turns into a wealth of information. I think a lot of america is like my Mom. I love her but, it drives me nuts.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Where is the Hollywood outrage?!
Are you serious?
What are they supposed to hold a benefit or something? Get real Hollywoodland does not care about anything that makes them have to think. Furthermore I have never been into idol worshipping so I really don't care what George Clooney thinks about the oil spill.
Celebrities galloping about protesting BP will be just that Celebrities galloping about protesting BP.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I don't want them to protest PB. I want them to pretend they care about the environment, and those effected by the spill. It's been two months, where are the Fishermen's Telethon?
We had a telethon for Haiti a week later. They should be called out... because If John McCain would have won, they would be on the TV whining every 15 mins.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
yawn......you invaded for oil, why complain now you're getting it delivered for free?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
yawn......you invaded for oil, why complain now you're getting it delivered for free?

OK, that makes very little sense... If any. Thank you for that, your right I should drive down to the Gulf, and get a few buckets of that sweet free Oil...

new topics

top topics

join