It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma flooding: Edmond facing heavy flooding; rescues ongoing and shelter set up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Oklahoma flooding: Edmond facing heavy flooding; rescues ongoing and shelter set up

www.newsok.com

EDMOND — Rescue teams were bringing in boats and other equipment to help people trapped in the northern part of the city.
Rescue teams were working near Rambling Road and Tall Oak, located between Coffee Creek and Sorghum Mill Road, in Edmond. Officers were in water up to their hips, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wow... Yet another flood this summer....

Are these areas that just don't normally get flooded, or is this more of the same thing they've experienced for a while?

I'm not real sure to tell the truth... but I think it begs looking into...

More extreme weather? Or just more of the same old weather?

Your thoughts?

UPDATE: For those who want to listen in... here are the local scanner feeds... the last one is the local Amateur radio repeater but doesnt seem to be too active..... the first two however do

Upon listening to the first one (Fire and rescue) IT appears that there is also a gas leak now ensuing at the local IHOP...

relay.radioreference.com:80...

www.newsok.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow, I lived on Coronado Drive, a block from where I believe that video to have been filmed, from 2000-2003. We had major storms, but never any issues with flooding.

Living in Edmond taught me to take every storm serious, tornado sirens and "take cover" warnings were a weekly occurrence.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thanks for the historical account! So it appears that bad storms are a normal occurrence...

Wonder when the last flood was there?

Did the storms get worse over time or were they about the same? THe present one exlcuded of course.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No, it's just Tornado Alley. Whenever there was a bad thunderstorm, you could almost expect a tornado warning or watch to follow. We had a siren in our neighborhood, it sounds like impending nuclear war when they turn them on.
All of my neighbors had underground storm shelters, some were basic, some were fully-stocked bug-out shelters.

I never saw any flooding, but I only lived there 3 years. I'm trying to reach my old neighbor on the phone right now...thanks for posting otherwise I wouldn't have known about it

new topics

top topics

join