It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Really Discovered America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Finally we are seeing the Lies of the Past being questioned. Hopefully this will lead to the elimination of these lies from being taught to our offspring. But at least the show "Who Really Discovered America?", is a step.

I found the following Premiere will be airing on the History Channel on June 21/2010

I though some, especially those that tend to habour distain for such a topic, would like to review this during it's airing.

Who Really Discovered America?
Did a number of explorers discover the New World long before Christopher Columbus staked his claim in 1492? No less than a dozen cultures have tales of these adventurers woven into their histories, but they are noticeably absent in American history books. This documentary explores the possibility that the Chinese, Japanese, Polynesians, Norse, Welsh, Irish, Ancient Hebrews and the Solutreans all made it to the Americas earlier than Columbus. Rebuild the ships, trace the routes, test the artifacts and analyze blood evidence to finally learn the answer to one of the greatest mysteries of all time--who really discovered America

Any comments about the subject are welcome.

Sooo long Columbus Day!!

Ciao

Shane

P.S. Somewhere, in Heaven, Barry Fell, is having a good laugh with Enoch.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am presently reading a book which makes claims that there is evidence to suggest that there once existed a worldwide seafaring race and that many ancient cultures had contact with the Ameraican continent. Infact, the author claims that artifacts have been found that suggest that Egypt, Japan, China, among others, visited the shores of America.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am presently reading a book which makes claims that there is evidence to suggest that there once existed a worldwide seafaring race and that many ancient cultures had contact with the American continent. Infact, the author claims that artifacts have been found that suggest that Egypt, Japan, China, among others, visited the shores of America.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yes, this is finally making it to the television. But there have been a number of good books on the subject as well. Just last year i read "1421: The Year China Discovered America" by Gavin Menzies. It was thoroughly researched and well written, with lots of evidence to support.

Basically, they built a huge fleet of enormous ships and circumnavigated the globe. Along the way they started several colonies, were responsible for many of the flora/fauna diversity that exists today. The main purpose of the voyage was to assemble representatives of all the nation-states for a ceremonial thing in china. But along the way, they mapped the world, as well as kept an index of the world's fauna/flora.

Needless to say, it was quite an interesting read and i'm glad that this sort of information is hitting the television where it actually has the chances of being discovered by the masses.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why does no one ever mention Native Americans.
When did they arrive here? They had to have been here before anyone.
Right? maybe I'm mistaken.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've heard it suggested that native Americans were the descendants of Egyptians.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The reptilians discovered America first . Need proof? some of there through back decadents are still here even today .
When we Humans started making something out of this place they used that opportunity to infiltrate us from the very start and now control every aspect of our lifes.
They discovered America over 350 million years agaio so that puts the who discovered America to bed .

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by des9996
yes, this is finally making it to the television. But there have been a number of good books on the subject as well. Just last year i read "1421: The Year China Discovered America" by Gavin Menzies. It was thoroughly researched and well written, with lots of evidence to support.

For an educated critique of Menzies, one might want to consult the following link to Hall of Ma'at: www.hallofmaat.com....

As to the first North Americans? That would be First Nations, and the 'when' is still hotly debated. Looks like North-Eastern Siberia was unoccupied until 35 KYA, and the move to North America is being considered at around 18KYA.

Which doesn't explain why elements of Monte Verde in Chile are being considered at as early as 40KYA.

Vikings..yes. Basque? Could be...things are developing in Labrador. Albans? See 'Alban Quest' by Farley Mowat...a good case.

So with so much fascinating development in the real world, one really needn't get caught up in the pseudoscience.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I would think that DNA analysis could put this to bed pretty quickly. That is, who are Native Americans and Canadians most closely related to?

Just visually, the northern native people (Eskimos), especially their older folk, bear a striking resemblance to certain Chinese peoples.

I think it is pretty clear that the Continent's first inhabitants came from Asia (across the Bering Strait land bridge?).

My guess at least.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Actually, there is evidence of DNA studies that speak to the Origins of many Native Peoples.

Some show Asiatic Origins, which speaks to the "Land Bridge" possiblity.

I expect that there is more, and it will be inclusive of many Euro and Med Based populations. R Reynolds points to one. Some suggest some are of Hebrew Descent.

I really am looking forward to see where this Show will go, in respects to the Subject.

I noted a Barry Fell comment, which was to provoke some of the scoffers. Barry, without any "Formal Training" researched many Glyphs and Symbols left by Ancient Peoples in the Americas, and his beliefs are now seemingly being reinforced by "others" such as this program to air. Now whether they get into the Linguistics, or not, will matter little since Barry believed the Chaldean, Hebrew, Romans, Egyptians, Lybians, Celts and Norse where here long before Columbus, and in many cases, long before Christ.

There are many posts within ATS that discuss these matters, but most fall to the preverbal wayside once the sharks amass to rebuke the mention of Barry Fell, but I trust with others NOW producing evidence and expressing similiar views, this will reduce the closed mindsets, and at least allow for honest investigation and discussion in the future.

As for info that someone could obtain NOW, Barry Feel did write a fair book on this subject called "America B.C."

A recent thread called Ancient DNA points to additional New World migration, does discuss some of points I expect the History Channel will introdcue.

And if you go there, please see the reply DANBONES offered. Very interesting notes to consider.

Apache related to the Dene?
Pre Biblcial Flood Sumerian King Lists and the Ojibwa connection?

But I trust all will at least be able to discuss thoughts openingly.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
I've heard it suggested that native Americans were the descendants of Egyptians.

Who arrived 10,000 years before Egypt existed

Yes, the first modern humans to discover the Americas were hunter gatherers migrating around the Pacific rim during the last ice age.

The first first modern Europeans to discover America were the Greenland vikings.

There is evidence to suggest the Chinese came next.

There is some, disputed, circumstantial evidence to suggest occasional ships from other early civilisations may have accidentally made landfall in the Americas.

Christopher Colombus discovered only that his maps were wrong and that there was a bl**dy great continent where he thought Japan should have been ......

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
I am presently reading a book which makes claims that there is evidence to suggest that there once existed a worldwide seafaring race and that many ancient cultures had contact with the American continent. Infact, the author claims that artifacts have been found that suggest that Egypt, Japan, China, among others, visited the shores of America.

That sounds like the "Amenes" from the book "Atlantis FOund" by Clive Cussler.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Does it make a difference as to who actually found the Americas.
No one is going to get a Finders keepers fee..

Take your pick

The Vikings
The Irish
The welsh
The Chinese
The Africans
The Arabs

Heck...there are hundreds of theories on America being discovered by every ancient tom, Dick and Harry!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
there are
elephant mounds along the mississippi

also:

www.archaeology.org...
Columbia River in Kennewick, Washington
One of the oldest human skeletons ever found in North America may be repatriated to several American Indian tribes for reburial within two weeks. The well-preserved skeleton was found on July 28 in the Columbia River in Kennewick, Washington, by two residents of nearby West Richland. It has been radiocarbon-dated to 8410 ± 60 B.P. (before present) by R. Ervin Taylor, Jr., of the University of California, Riverside, and this date is broadly corroborated by a piece of a projectile point of the Cascade phase, usually dated between ca. 9000 and 4500 B.P., embedded in the pelvis. Archaeologists are fighting the repatriation of the skeleton before it has been studied further, and a legal challenge may be launched.

Examination of the skull by anthropologist James Chatters revealed a long, narrow skull and face, a projecting nose, receding cheek bones, a high chin, and a square mandible. None of these features is typical of modern American Indians, but they are found on other Paleoindian skeletons roughly contemporaneous with the Kennewick remains. Such features have previously been described as "pre-mongoloid," "proto-mongoloid," "archaic-mongoloid," and even "proto-caucasoid."

UPDATE ( legal thing LOL )
In accordance with the 1990 federal Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA), the government is expected to classify Kennewick Man as Native American. Under NAGPRA, any person or descendant of a person who lived in North America before European settlement--generally 500 years ago--is considered legally Native American.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Great point. Let's not forget the Native People. Here are some links to information I found during my research for a thread I wrote last year on this topic. Enjoy Ancient America Rocked!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a051a8e7901.jpg[/atsimg]
While others feel that it there was an influx of early European blood during the last ice age.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/354fa8b2e518.jpg[/atsimg]

Indigenous peoples of the Americas

Topper

Topper is an archaeological site located along the Savannah River in Allendale County, South Carolina in the United States. It is noted as the location of controversial artifacts believed by some archaeologists to indicate human habitation of the New World as far back as 50,000 years ago.

Monte Verde

Monte Verde is an archaeological site in south-central Chile, which has been dated to 14,500 years before present.[1] It pre-dates the earliest known Clovis culture site of Clovis, New Mexico, by 1000 years, contradicting the previously accepted "Clovis model" which holds that settlement of the Americas began after 13,500 years before present. As such the Monte Verde findings were initially dismissed by most of the scientific community, but in recent years the evidence has been widely accepted,[2][3] although vocal "Clovis-first" advocates remain.[4]

Cactus Hill

Cactus Hill is an archaeological site in the U.S. state of Virginia. It lies in the southeastern part of the state on the Nottoway River roughly 45 miles south of Richmond. The site, owned by the International Paper Corporation, is situated on sand dunes above the river. The site has yielded multiple levels of early occupation. Archaic stage material is underlain by fluted stone tools associated with the Clovis culture dated to 10,920 BP. A lower level yields artifacts including unfluted bifacial stone tools with dates ranging from c. 15,000 to 17,000 years ago. White pine charcoal from a hearth context on this level dates to 15,070 radiocarbon years BP[1]. Further charcoal deposits retrieved at the site date to as early as 19,700 years ago, although these deposits may have been made by forest fires.Cactus Hill is arguably the oldest archaeological dig in North America.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
who the hell cares. we only glamorize the most brutal of the bunch. it's our nature, we love to see our race annihilate another, its sort of a source of pride.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Which America is in the question?
Is it Americas? or Just North America? or both North and South America?

If its just North America, then what Danbones has posted above is the one. Pretty dam old.
but one thing to be noted is that when the facial reconstruction of the kennewick man was done, the face didn't even look lie the native Indians at all, but Caucasoid.

If its both Americas together, then there is this interesting excavation site in the Serra da Capivara National Park, especially the Pedra Furada Site, where the Brazilian Archaeologist Niède Guidon and her team have excavated artifacts/remains dating back to 48, 700 years. This is strongly objected by many archaeologists who believe the Clovis First Theory

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
North America was visited before Columbus.

The stories of such visits got obscured by fantasy and bad interpretations of ancient text.

America = Atlantis. Atlantis was the Capital.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
North America was visited before Columbus.

The stories of such visits got obscured by fantasy and bad interpretations of ancient text.

America = Atlantis. Atlantis was the Capital.

Could you explain the basis of your statement? evidences to prove that the so called Mythical "Atlantis' which existed only in Plato's fiction, IS actually in America?
Got any archaeological evidence to back your claim?

However deep you dig for Atlantis in America, you will come up with Zilch - Mark my words - Zilch -Nada-zero-nothing because Atlantis never ever existed!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by des9996

I read Menzies' book myself not six months ago and likewise found his arguments for Chinese circumnavigational capabilities most compelling.

I never cease to be frustrated by academia's refusal to be open-minded about alternative theories put forth (and reasonably substantiated) by non-academics. I hope that these barriers begin to fall as egos get pushed aside.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join