It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevermind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm going to put all my modified information in a new thread tommorrow.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If time travel is possible where are the travelers from the future?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
If time travel is possible where are the travelers from the future?

How do we know they aren't here? How can we tell a time traveler from a normal human?

We can't, as of now, we must assume that if time travel is possible that the futurists are here as we speak.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I'va always wondered the same thing. IF it were possible in the future why haven't they come back to say "hello"? Although, when you think about it, maybe they have been coming back for eons yet are following laws of time travel and hiding themselves from us exceptionally well.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

That is probable but how are they hiding?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Granted our governments and people in general aren't any smarter in the future, I doubt they would just come back and hide and not do anything with the unbelievable technology they have. Were having trouble with nukes currently, much less a time machine! No, by now they would have screwed up. To error is human.

keep in mind I respect your opinion

[edit on 13-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Any body have any comments on the thesis? Or are we just gonna keep talking about time travelers?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I gave you props for even postulating such a thing. Of course it has been theorized many times, but after reading your theory, it just may be feasible. I don't doubt anything! I believe that anything in this world is possible, even what most people may claim to be impossible. The one main reason I believe in the possibility of the impossibilities...is because of our propitious position in the galaxy; which still cannot be elucidated. I hope your theory proves to be true dude. As for time travelers traveling back to our time, why doubt it? Maybe time travel isn't what we think it is, maybe they are only able to observe and not truly interact. Not entirely sure...but I don't doubt their existence.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historymajor

I gave you props for even postulating such a thing. Of course it has been theorized many times, but after reading your theory, it just may be feasible. I don't doubt anything! I believe that anything in this world is possible, even what most people may claim to be impossible. The one main reason I believe in the possibility of the impossibilities...is because of our propitious position in the galaxy; which still cannot be elucidated. I hope your theory proves to be true dude. As for time travelers traveling back to our time, why doubt it? Maybe time travel isn't what we think it is, maybe they are only able to observe and not truly interact. Not entirely sure...but I don't doubt their existence.

Thanks! I have met some very closed minded people but Ats has a very small amount of these people. One of the close minded people called me retarded and then said if time travel was possible scientists would have already made a time machine. He then went and said that everything I said was a lie when I gave him links that supported what. Even when he had not known anything on the subject and REFUSED to look up anything I told him he still though I was an idiot.

Talk about your ignorance!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Build it and they will come.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ummm....

Your 'equation' makes no sense.

In the first expression,you are dividing the quantity(?) of valence electrons in the carbon nanotubes by the electron release energy, then dividing that by energy again. Your units would be along the line of 1/J². The next expression, shown as equal to the first, multiplies 'e' (energy again? in Joules?) by magnetic force (Newtons?) divided by distance (as in meters). So you have units of J·N/m? equal to 1/J²? That makes no sense; it cannot be equal. the third expression is a rate, which would be in 1/s, again equal to 1/J² and J·N/m.

All three equalities are shown in parenthesis, which is then shown in another group of equalities?

Your math makes absolutely no sense, sorry. You need to do more than string variables together willy-nilly.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If this were to work, I would propose that OP would have come back from the future to give information about the device to his current self.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

What happens when your time machine is no longer hit by sunlight (i.e. when it travels more than, say, 12hrs into the future or past)?

How do you know that this machine will actually travel forward or backward in time rather than just become really massive or bend light?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Ummm....

Your 'equation' makes no sense.

In the first expression,you are dividing the quantity(?) of valence electrons in the carbon nanotubes by the electron release energy, then dividing that by energy again. Your units would be along the line of 1/J². The next expression, shown as equal to the first, multiplies 'e' (energy again? in Joules?) by magnetic force (Newtons?) divided by distance (as in meters). So you have units of J·N/m? equal to 1/J²? That makes no sense; it cannot be equal. the third expression is a rate, which would be in 1/s, again equal to 1/J² and J·N/m.

All three equalities are shown in parenthesis, which is then shown in another group of equalities?

Your math makes absolutely no sense, sorry. You need to do more than string variables together willy-nilly.

TheRedneck

The E energy is the energy you have from the sunlight. The box energy is the release energy. The (e) is the amount of electrons released.

We aren't multiplying we are just trying to find out what e and ER are. That was my fault. They are also not equal.

s-Mr=Ts. Not Ts/Te. You have to divide Ts over Te after you find ts. This gives you density.

Then you have to insert the numbers into a modified version of the Schwarzschild equation. This is approximated because of the ring shape of the electron layer.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized

What happens when your time machine is no longer hit by sunlight (i.e. when it travels more than, say, 12hrs into the future or past)?

How do you know that this machine will actually travel forward or backward in time rather than just become really massive or bend light?

Just curious.

The Time machine creates closed loops in time and space. CTC's and CSC's. These would creates portals as spacetime is looping back to it's present state.

The forward or backward motion in time is hard to figure out. Basically it just depends on which way you enter through the machine. One is future the other is past.

After a certain amount of time the electron layer will start to sustain itself due to gravity. But if sunlight is gone before enough electrons are released from the nanotubes the electron layer will not form.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
If this were to work, I would propose that OP would have come back from the future to give information about the device to his current self.

Remind me to tell myself not to do that because if I do that then you won't write about it and if you don't then you won't tell me and if you won't tell me...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I will take some very strong & artfully arranged magnets to keep those electrons corralled.

As for you equation ? ? ?

Are you saying Ve/[box]/E = e ?

You need to get explicit & clear on the equation or sequence of equations.
Break it down into clear steps or explain it, because all those equals signs embedded in an equation make no sense unless you are saying everything is equal to everything else, which would be very strange. And if that is the case, why do you need parenthesis anyway?

We assume the past exists as some kind of coherent 'thing', but we don't really know that.
For all we know the present could be a kind of [double] cone where the future & past are both distributed/expanded, & only the present is a relatively tightly coherent choke neck.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

I just realized I'm not dividing I'm multiplying Ve times Box/E=e
Ma is for the whole electron layer not individual electrons then divide that by the distance(D).
They are in parenthesis because that is what you need to find out first. So I guess I should have them in separate equations.

S-Mr=Ts. So I will separate that from Ts/Te. Then I will input Ts/Te as a different equation. Then I can write that as equal to D2.

Instead of arranging the magnets why don't we arrange the nanotubes? Thanks ats I will send them the changes as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
exscuse my ignorance i know nothing about physics , but have always been courious ..
OP you are talking about useing electrons correct??
how would this theory pertain to something like a mechanical probe or for that matter a person?

great post by the way !! hope you the best of luck

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by abnormal normal
exscuse my ignorance i know nothing about physics , but have always been courious ..
OP you are talking about useing electrons correct??
how would this theory pertain to something like a mechanical probe or for that matter a person?

great post by the way !! hope you the best of luck

Yes electrons. But the electron layer only can attract electrons from the sides of the ring. Not from the center as that is where the magnets repel them.

Its safe for anything to go through it but not come from its side.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join