It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Canadians be Worried about the Oil Hitting The Fan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So I have been reading a lot on the forums about possible evacuations on the gulf coast and have also read that these evacuations may spread along the whole eastern Sea Board.

My dilemma is I live in Halifax Nova Scotia (thats in Canada) and really not that far from the US. The image posted below is to establish my geographical position in comparison to the US and was supplied by google maps. My location is marked by the flag labelled A.

Because of our proximity to the eastern US, I figure if they are forced to evacuate it may also be necessary for at least the Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island) to do something similar. that said I have not heard any information related to potential risks to any Canadian Provinces or any evacuation contingency relevant to me.

Now that considered I have been reviewing some very basic maps of the major currents in the Atlantic ocean. Though I am not an oceanographer or meteorologist by any stretch these do provide me with a little relieve,

Ocean Map 1

Ocean Map 2

Ocean Map 3

My question to ATS is first of all what are the threats to My area? What is the possibility of an evacuation of this scale? And what should I be doing to prepare for the Oil Hitting The Fan?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think the entire world should be concerned. I'm no expert, but endless oil pumping into the ocean will impact the entire world eventually.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
from onterible
hows it going?
Id be woried about the oil
if it is as bad as they say
it will be coming up the gulf stream once it rounds florida
on the loop current

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A large Scale evacuation would affect the States and Provinces in the interior of North America. I suspect an evacuation of the maritime provinces would force us to at least Quebec and probably as far as Ontario and Manitoba. the logistics involved are more then just mobilizing hundreds of thousands, even millions of people, it finding a place for them to go and logistics to support them. Who knows Danbones we might end up running into each other.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow, I've never been so happy to be here in Saskatchewan
except that it might get crowded here

North Manitoba and Saskatchewan are absolutely beautiful though, just cold. BC also really nice, but earthquake area. Alberta, not much up north anymore except industry.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Just when you thought more east-coasters couldn't be in the Prairies ......

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I Love Halifax, being originally from NB I've gone there a lot...

Get drunk in one of the endless downtown pubs if evac happens

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If they cannot stop their leak, or worse the ocean floor cracks and collaspes into the oil reserve then im quite sure there will be evac to the inner parts of the continent.

I welcome all peace loving humans to my backyard,
(thieving-raping animal scum will have their hands and *ahem* chopped off)

top topics

join