It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyeball Tattoos - Prison inmates beat the system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The first time I heard of full eyeball tattoos was in the National Geographic program "Taboo". Even amongst medical experts the coloration of the full whites of the eyes is only done as a last-measure cosmetic procedure. There is pain and much risk involved, including blindness and it is not reversible.
Web links show the first non-medical procedure of eyeball coloration to have been performed by a body modification fan in 2008 (although one suspects there may have been earlier cases). This was a success, at least as far as safety concerns go. inventorspot.com...
However, there is Youtube material of two US prison inmates who did the procedure in jail. It is currently not divulged how they did it, and they face extra charges for it. www.youtube.com...
OK, stupid as it may be, why are they facing extra charges? Do all prison tattoos lead to extra charges?
Is the whole notion taking bodily freedom too far? How long until some kids figure out how to do it?
Considering the risk, should it be illegal to perform?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I can see why they would face charges.

First off its illegal to do this in prison. You violate the rules, you pay the price. They surrender most of thier rights when they are convicted and have to follow the rules. I assume any and all tatooing is illegal in prison but could be wrong

One of the reasons is the lack of aspetic technique and the huge risks involved with injecting anything in the eye. The system and the taxpayers would ultimetly have to foot the bill for any complications that insued.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Eyeball tattoos, could there be anything more pointless than risking one's sight over a tattoo, although if its inmates who have done it then I guess they have already made some bad choices in life thus far. As for beating the system its hardly "Shawshank Redemption"...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Good post, no I suppose it ain't gonna make them Nelson Mandela or other figures who changed their prison environment and society!

However, when you're in that type of total authority environment, I suppose the only control you have is over your own body.
I recently saw some old Australian convict tattooes which said things like "Flog me fair" across men's backs, and there is a kind of "stuff you, you won't break me" in that message.
Perhaps some feel society is too much like a prison, and therefore they do these things on the outside?
Let's hope it's not a new type of gang.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Its a fair point and in a way I guess it shows the unbreakable human spirit, even in the worst conditions.......

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is the great old story of the cops pulling over the Hells Angel and telling him to take of his colors. So he did and underneath was his tshirt and on the back was printed Hells Angels & their logo. So they told him to take off the tshirt. Of course on his back was tattooed Hells Angles & the flying skull logo. Sweet.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

How long until some kids figure out how to do it?

Thats absolutely unfair that they will be facing extra charges. They are learning a craft, its not like anyone will hire them when they get out of jail anyway. At least they will be sure to get jobs as tattoo artists and I for one am happy for them. Tattoo artist make a lot of money.

Okay few kids know how to make a tattoo gun period...
I think we should give teens more slack because there is information on the internet about how to make certain unsavory homemade devices...its been like this for years and usually no one cares to bother with it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In prison or not, the whole eyedeal is pointless, shows inmanure mind, this makes about as much sence as fishing in the toilet.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Although I'm usually libertine to the extreme, I'd be for banning this procedure outside crucial medical intervention. The risk of blindness or worse seems just too horrific. Very young people are going to do this, and it cannot be reversed. I suppose accidents or infections have only not occured because it's still quite rare. It's tragic.
Besides, now that eye-recognition devices are on the cards for many public entry points, it might be banned in any case?
Of course banning it won't stop it or make it safer.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

On the other hand - if eye-scanning technology was used to further invade the privacy and liberties of good citizens by oppressive regimes, and I knew this procedure could beat those devices I'd consider it myself.
Who knows, maybe this was some kind of prison experiment by the system?
It actually seems highly unlikely that this could be done with regular equipment in prison.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Originally posted by halfoldman

How long until some kids figure out how to do it?

Thats absolutely unfair that they will be facing extra charges. They are learning a craft, its not like anyone will hire them when they get out of jail anyway. At least they will be sure to get jobs as tattoo artists and I for one am happy for them. Tattoo artist make a lot of money.

Okay few kids know how to make a tattoo gun period...
I think we should give teens more slack because there is information on the internet about how to make certain unsavory homemade devices...its been like this for years and usually no one cares to bother with it.

First of all they are in a state prison not a jail.There is a difference.They are only facing disciplinary action at the prison.They are not getting outside charges or anything.They could have done time in segregation or possibly lose good time they have earned.Second doing tattoos in prison is a good way to spread diseases.

new topics

top topics

join