It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese space probe crashes to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Japanese space probe crashes to Earth

www.abc.net.au

Japanese scientists say they have located the space capsule Hayabusa after a helicopter search over Woomera in north-west South Australia.
The capsule, which was launched back in 2003, successfully re-entered the earth's atmosphere overnight, creating a fireball across the desert sky.
Australia's first ever space landing ends a seven-year, five billion-kilometre journey to an ancient far-flung asteroid to collect the first ever asteroid material to be brought to Earth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.co m.au
www.abc.net.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Japanese spacecraft to land in Australia

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hayabusa's Sample Recovery Capsule has hit its mark at Woomers Test range South Australia June 13, AUS Time.
Hayabusa was aboard the Asteroid Explorer, launched by the M-V-5 Rocket from Kagoshima Space Center, May 9, 2003.
Picture from the presskit_hayabusa_e.pdf found right side under "Presskit"

The Capsule many not have ANY SAMPLES on-board either

Hayabusa Hits Paydirt

Here's the first pictures released from LIVE - HAYABUSA RE-ENTRY there is also Video

Hayabusa re-entry June 13

Zelong.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/6/10 by Zelong]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Didn't get to see it coming in ,overcast all day and night here but saw it breaking up on MSM news this morning,must have been the solar panels and attachments burning up on re-entry.I guess we will have to wait a while for any details on what they found on the asteroid.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Hi 12voltz I was busy yesterday and was thinking I'm not missing anything I'll see pictures and footage later well it turned out they had Live coverage of re-entry
this wasn't mentioned last week or I missed it, from LIVE - HAYABUSA RE-ENTRY Link above I added after your post 12voltz.
I've logged-in(ATS) this morning expecting a thread on the re-entry of Hayabusa's Sample Recovery Capsule, I was surprised there was nil.

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Live footage ? they kept that under wraps ,i didn't here about that but i rarely watch MSM news,Good photos ,amazing how they can send something into deep space and then control where and when it comes back.Now it will probably be transported to a sterile environment and people in full biohazard suits will open up the box of tricks and either find some mysteries of the universe or unleash an unstoppable virus that will decimate the world!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Love fireworks. Amazingly beautiful.

Space is like the ocean, only much more unforgiving.

Try again, then try again, until Man lives on every world.

Do not give up.

top topics

join