It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Cleanup Workers Arrested On Warrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What kind of people are BP hiring for the cleanup? Don't they do background checks?

I think this is strange.. BP hires people to clean the oil then submit a list of workers to the cops to check them out.. Who does this and why?

Do you know of any other job that does this? The cops might KNOW that PB is hiring questionable people, ex military, or ex cons because the would be easier to control than your general nice guy with a conscience.

" Three oil cleanup workers have been arrested on outstanding warrants, the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's office said Friday.

BP provides the sheriff's department with a list of workers, and officials check those names for warrants."

Source: www.wdsu.com...

Perhaps we can use this to our advantage and get some of these oil workers to talk about that is going on. I want to know what they are being told by BP and who the beach security is employed by.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I used to work at a site that does fingerprinting and background checks. You would be amazed at the number of people who were taken from the floor in handcuffs. That's why they run background checks.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Have you seen the photos of some of the folks they are hiring? I know this sounds bad, just telling it like it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Who knows the ones arrested may have talked
or it could be Sh!t happens

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

I used to work at a site that does fingerprinting and background checks. You would be amazed at the number of people who were taken from the floor in handcuffs. That's why they run background checks.

My understanding is that if you fail a background check, you don't get hired..

You're telling me that PB is hiring these people first then doing the background check.. that makes no sense.. they have to pay these people for time worked before they fire them for failing the background check.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that when you do see video of the people they have hired to clean up, they are usually just standing around or milling around each other ?

i mean it looks to me as if they are doing less work and moving slower than the Work release convicts who work in chain gangs picking up litter...

is this the best and most motivated people BP can find?

DISGUSTING

~meathead

Edit to add: yes i realize thier are probably some very decent folks down there,and i dont mean to detract from those who are putting thier elbow grease where thier mouth is. but why do i not see any video of these people on the msm

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It depends on the company doing the back ground check and how fast the workers are needed.
I got hired and had a B.C, done on me (2010) and had worked for a week when the boss called me into his office to tell me I had a warrant on me from 2003
when I had my Identity stolen, So yes it can happen
But what Im getting from all the hush hush from the workers is they are day laborers work dont talk get payed you open your mouth and your gone with just the shirt on your back.
IMHO

[edit on 13-6-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
While I have no doubt that BP is purposely hiring some ... let's call them unsavory characters. I don't know that I would go as far as to say they're being hired for that sole purpose.

Apparently they have been doing something known as "Warrant Sweep".
I don't know if this was a state thing here (FL) or it was all around the sates.

What I do know is Thursday I had a very loud rapping on my door. So loud in fact that it scared me to the point where I decided to look out the window instead of just opening to whomever.(I'm at home alone with my kids all day) What I found standing on my front porch were 4 men all dressed in black with guns, bullet proof vests and the whole deal. I wouldn't have even opened it but for the fact that one of the men saw the movement of the curtain/blinds and I could see the word "police" written in gold on the abdomen area.

Come to find out liek I said, it's warrants sweep and they were looking for previous owner's of this house. blah blah blah

So, I don't think BP is by any means calling them into the police departments for pick up heh. I think they don't care who they hired at that point since the 'clean up' is all for show anyway. And they happened to have prior records.

Or maybe I'm just being naive. It could happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Anyone with a warrant out for them that fills out a form with their correct info is a moron.

On the other hand, why should felons not be allowed to work? If you deny them a way to eat, they will go commit another crime. People get convicted of all kinds of petty felonies...in my state, taking someones dog is a felony, and if a society makes sure that people with a past cannot work, they are guaranteeing most costs to all of us when that guy goes back to stealing to get a roof over his head and food in his gut.

I think that the only thing that should disqualify anyone from a job is if it is in a sensitive area or high security and the person applying has a record of crimes in that area. For example, a bank could certainly not hire a former bank robber...but they could not exclude someone who had a marijuana conviction from 20 years ago when a small amount was still a felony. That would not affect his risk factor at all.

Not owning guns, not voting...all the crap that we pile on these people will come back to haunt all of us.. I could understand it if a former gun violater was banned..if shown irresponsible with guns then no more forever. But if the offense did not involve any violence or guns, why in hell should a person be unprotected and unable to ever touch a gun just because he did something totally unrelated? Makes no sense.

Ex convicts as a group tend to stay with their areas: Robbers stay robbers, drug dealers stay with drugs, sex workers stay with that.

So someone that was convicted of a felony gambling offense, say staging a card game for profit or whatever...why should that person never be able to vote or shoot ? There is no relation between the risk of committing a gun crime from exfelons than from ex-misdemeanants.

The system is doing this to set up CLASSES of people...upper and lower, with felons at the bottom...with less rights. Even after doing their time or paying a fine, they must endure a lifetime ban on deciding on who gets elected, cannot own a gun, and many other penalties..and that just is not right. Rights should only be taken away on a case by case basis, NOT with one stupid law that makes everyone who happens to get caught for a serious or even minor crime that is classified as a felony lose those rights forever.

The government should be required to prove that a person with a record runs a particular risk of doing violence or further bad behavior before taking his rights away. Ties should go to the runner, and the runner is the citizen who may have made a mistake, but does not deserve to be branded forever and lose their rights.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Exactly. Sometimes the background checks can take months.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, background checks can take a while.

Also, it can take up to a year for a warrant for your arrest to actually come out. I know it's strange but that's how it is apparently. Had a friend who got into trouble for drug issues and he was booked, put in jail, bailed out, went home. Starting going to his classes and decided it wasn't worth stayng away from the drugs. Got a urine test and failed. So, they "put out a warrant". Friend decided instead of waiting around to be picked up and go through the humility, (as well as seeing it as a chance to be away from the drugs and get clean) he would turn himself in at the local police department. They told him "No, go home. It hasn't been processed yet so we can't take you in until we have that." He asked how long until they would get it so he could just come back. They told him it could be u to a year. That was even after about 2 months of waiting for the police to come to his door.
So, yeah this stuff apparently takes quite a while. *shrugs*

new topics

top topics

join