It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetics to solve why Ozzy Osbourne is still alive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Genetics to solve why Ozzy Osbourne is still alive

www.timesonline.co.uk

THE mystery of why Ozzy Osbourne is still alive after decades of drug and alcohol abuse may finally be solved.

The 61-year-old former Black Sabbath lead singer — who this week begins his health advice column in The Sunday Times Magazine — is to become one of only a few people in the world to have his full genome sequenced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.co.uk
www.google.co.uk
[url=http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCIQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffacebook.genomealberta.ca%2Fen%2Fstories%2Fgenetics-to-solve-wh y-ozzy-osbourne-is-still-alive.html&rct=j&q=ozzy+osbourne+genome&ei=b7MUTMexOc6W4gb5lNy9DA&usg=AFQjCNHA44LFLk-t0HYypNjjaMdZzktVGQ]www.google.co.uk[/ur l]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Wow! Ozzy is gonna get his entire genome mapped! Ozzy's genome is an adventure playground for scientists. He's got alcoholism, a form of Parkinson's, mental illness and predispositions to substance abuse and addiction. He's also got an unstoppable life-force that's seen him create massive problems and overcome them. He should be dead and he's still barking at the moon.

In terms of legacy, he's already got a chapter in the history of music. Rock n Roll legend, heavy metal hero and family man. Not bad going! Now he'll also be leaving a greater gift to humanity at large. Any person's genome will provide masses of important data to be used by science in the future.

I guess having £27, 000 to spare ensures an effect on the future?

If science can speed up a bit, we could clone him and send the 25 year old Ozzy back out on the road. Raaaaawk!

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
yeah I saw on a metal website that he wants to donate his body to science. Personally I'm more interested in a guy like Lemmy who still parties and who, I think, is actually older than Ozzy. Or Keith Richards.

But I think its really just a crap shoot as well as genetics. My grandpa(paternal) drank like a fish and lived to be 83. My father did the same and was dead at 46. Hopefully I'll fall somewhere in between!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just going by the title of the OP, I have an answer.

Alternative medicine.

Specific genetic markers predispose how someone is going to die, or how someone is to live.

With my luck, I will live to be a hundred and ten. I currently live with almost a debilitating arthritic life. Having a hard time typing this as a matter of fact.

Hell, I wish I had the buddies or doctors the OZ has had. At least then I would not have to live with this crap. The last time I talked to the docs about it, the last one told me he did not like to prescribe pain pills.

I ASKED for him to ACTUALLY diagnose what was causing it. Oh well, life is a finite beast and only death can bring everlasting life and consciousness.

Peace and God Bless.

Oh yeah, Mama I'm coming home. You took me in, lost and found I have been turned around.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

i once met a man of 60 who was extremely upright in stature. he was a war journalist or had been. he confessed to me that he once suffered from ankylosing spondilitis beginning when he was 27. its an arthritic complaint that begins around your sacrum and progresses slowly up your spine over the years as you sleep. you finish up very much bent over.

he told me he placed himself on a strict alkaline diet. no tomatoes, eggplant, caapsicum nor anything remotely acidic. no meat, fish, coffee, tea, beer, wine. i cannot remember exactly what he did eat. but there was zero sign of any arthritis.

hope this is of some help tp you and i wish you well.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

My grandad drank like a fish, kept a bottle of whisky under his bed and died from a "hit and run" incident on the way home from the pub at age 83.. Whatta man

Ozzies body should not be cremated...
Could you imagine how long that fire would burn ?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ozzys body and genome would be interesting, but a thought just occurred to me, plenty of old and bold homeless types die each year, some of those guys (OK very few of them) have lived seriously hard lives, very very low grade alcohol, rough living, don't want to think about the food! And drugs maybe... They shun off illness (well all but the last one) hygiene, well
- Do those guys ever get their genetics looked at in such detail?

Ok Ozzy is probably easier for a geneticist what with him probably having fairly complete medical records and he is willing and able to recount details, but are we missing out on some valuable data by giving some of those who actually chose a hermit life style a paupers funeral? - BTW I have no idea how often medical science uses those bodies.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I figure science always needs more than one test subject for verification in order to prove itself, then why don't they do the exact same with Keith Richard's body?

If you had both Osbourne and Richards lying together in the lab just think of all of the medical verification that could be made.

Hell, you couldn't even need embalming fluid for the two.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ozzy can't die!

i'm becoming increasingly convinced he's god.
or at least god's brother!

Ronny James Dio was named 'god' (Dio) but he died!

i admire Ozzy for things i don't even have a clue about.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
lol!

so funny

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is cool news!

I firmly believe genetics play a greater role in our fate than lifestyle. In western science, the view is largely the other way around. At least, perhaps, until recently.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, we all have an individual predetermined lifespan (genetics), the way we live our lives only shortens this.

Maybe according to T.C.M. Ozzy could have potentially lived to 120. Somehow I doubt we'll find out.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
I figure science always needs more than one test subject for verification in order to prove itself, then why don't they do the exact same with Keith Richard's body?

Which brings to mind Jagger--have you seen him lately?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3672a16e3a94.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Originally posted by warequalsmurder

Which brings to mind Jagger--have you seen him lately?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3672a16e3a94.jpg[/atsimg]

eek.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
And Steven Tyler has seen better days...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a41f455b9c3.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm younger than all these guys--that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's simple, Ozzy isn't actually alive in the clinical sense of the word. Actually Ozzy died in 1982, the problem is, he is now undead!

The thing that I wonder, will his genome be as incomprehensible as his speech?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Do you think he may be kept in this state by an equillibrium between all the drugs (ala Mr Burns)?

Perhaps pickled in alcohol and amphetamine salts?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ozzy has just done that much he has pruned himself inside his body, hence why he is still alive today.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dio (RIP), Johnny Cash, Ozzy. I guess its the old saying of "your only as old as you feel," afterall just because there past their 50's doesn't mean Musically there past their prime. Its the second you retire older people into homes where there dependable on others, and only exercise is going to/from the bed everyday to watch TV.

These guys never lost that young spirit, it keeps their mind in check, their body's in shape, and most of all they enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nice thread. I had forgotten how much I loved Ozzy's music.

Actually, for being only 61, Ozzy is in pretty rough shape. I dont think he has come away from all his excesses as free and clear as it sounds like some assume.

But I am glad they are doing is genome any way. The more individuals they get sequenced the more they will know about all of us.

MBF

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ever wonder why Ozzy is still alive? Look at Sharon. How in the heck did he get a wife that looks like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join