It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against Universal Healthcare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Check this out.

Hopefully it changes your mind.

ScienceDaily (June 11, 2010) — Trauma patients without insurance are more likely to die of their injuries from auto accidents and gunshot wounds than privately insured patients with similar injuries, according to findings of an analysis of 193,804 patients from 649 facilities conducted by University Buffalo emergency medicine physicians.

www.sciencedaily.com... 3A+Latest+Science+News%29&utm_content=Twitter

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by QuetzalcoatlAlien

I think poor people should die more/sooner than rich people.

Poor people as a group are less worthy/fit/intelligent/desirable than rich people...I hate to break it to you...

Universal health care thus has the effect of taking from the good, and giving to the bad...it's dysgenic...The nice article you linked to has thus not changed my mind.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Poor people as a group are less worthy/fit/intelligent/desirable than rich people...I hate to break it to you...

Universal health care thus has the effect of taking from the good, and giving to the bad...it's dysgenic...The nice article you linked to has thus not changed my mind.

Wow, you're honestly a horrible person. If it wasn't for "poor people", there wouldn't be civil rights and other amazing social feats accomplished in society.

I'm not rich, so my life isn't as deserving? Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I don't claim to be particularly sweet-natured, for sure.

Hopefully encountering a different point of view will be an experience you can recover from.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey check this out
Unemployed will not be Insured!

Democrats strip health care from the jobless

www.examiner.com...

What a joke I thought the bill was for people that can't afford health care!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

I cannot believe that you said that in all seriousness. I think some poor people are far more worthy than people like you who live on a pedestal placing themselves above others in importance. How many of our wise and gentle and wonderful elders are poor? How many truly amazing people who are poor through no fault of their own? Some of the people you'd like to see gone could be some of the best people you'd ever hope to meet. I feel sorry for you in you're bubble, and frightened with the thought there may be others like you.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

So can we assume that you count yourself among the rich? I have known some pretty unworthy/unfit/undesirable rich people, but according to you their lives are more valuable than those much less fortunate?
Oh, and I'm curious, what is your definition of rich, or what is the dollar figure that draws the line?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Universal healthcare is unconstitutional.

Case closed.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Universal healthcare is unconstitutional.

Case closed.

You really think everything that has happened in the US and that the US has done is constitutional? Don't be naive, son.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Looks like another teabagger.

case closed

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

Last week I was applying for a minimum wage job as a janitor in a nursing home...

I am talking about overall aggregate statistical tendencies, not individual stupid rich persons or smart poor persons.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes, it is. Funny how that doesn't get mentioned nearly enough. I guess not nearly as disturbing as the fact that our elected leaders wrote and passed the bill and that it stands even though it is unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

No offense, but I think your original statement was totally unjustified. You can believe what you want, but I found it very distasteful.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Looks like another teabagger.

case closed

Nowhere near.

Of course you cant prove me wrong, so you feel it necessary to fire off a retarded post lacking any intelligence.

Not surprising.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No it's just tea party members always use the constitution for their unholy use.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Perhaps its brainless morons who disregard the Constitution whenever it suits their agenda.

Since its obviously meaningless to you, you certainly wouldnt have a problem trashing it and doing away with all of your protected rights then correct?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

It is for sure a rude statement, the type of thing you are not supposed to say out loud in America.
I must assure you, however, that I am sincere, and not just trying to be unpleasant.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

You can thank the republicans for blocking the hell out of the bill. If you can't see that, you can't see anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Perhaps its brainless morons who disregard the Constitution whenever it suits their agenda.

Since its obviously meaningless to you, you certainly wouldnt have a problem trashing it and doing away with all of your protected rights then correct?

You claim we have all these protected right and you exalt the Constitution as sacred but I bet you are one of those people that think Obama is going to call for Martial Law and theres going to be a round up, right?

The Constitution is FLAWED, hugely flawed. For god sakes, African-Americans are listed at property!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I believe the United States Constitution is in no use then the other laws passed later by other bills. America has changed since it's founding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join