It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian Angels, watching your back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When I was young, my Aunt passed away from Cancer, I swore up and down I watched her leave her body. Ever since then I've felt her around when things got tough, especially if things got dangerous or my health was threatened.
Example, A couple of years ago I nailed a 1200 pound Bull Elk at 70+MPH with my Pick-up truck. He went underneath the front passenger side wheel, tearing it of, which sent me off the road, and into a ditch. The truck rolled 5 times, then flipped end over end twice. This was and old Chevy 4+4, no shoulder belt, just a lap belt, yet durring this whole experience I felt a "hand" hold me in place against the seat. There was nothing left of the truck, not one salvagable part, not one. I walked away with a piece of glass in my shoulder, 7 stitches!
Thanx, Aunt Bevie, I should be dead!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow!

I also believe in Angels and have called on them many times,
Though i dont really no much about the whole thing i have read little about angels,

But every time i need them they seem to come,

One i have called on is the Gate keeper he/she is ment to be the minder of the angels,

i write a note and put it nder my pillow and believe me i have always been helped,

Never ask for more than you need, ie i was in debt and had no way of earning the money i needed for a bill, and i was upset wrote a letter to the gate keeper and no less than a few days later i recieved the amount needed to get me by,

I always say thank you and try to do a good deed for someone in return,
like a friend needed help with a bill and when i had spare money i paid theres for them,

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Right on, the "angel" part I'm not really convinced of, but sinse everyone understands the word, I figured it was a good bet. I have no explanation how things like this work, I just feel her close when something bad happens to me. Sometimes I think she just sits back and watches, knowing it's a lesson in life I need to experience, as long as I don't get badly hurt.
Is "angel" a stricktly religious word? I'm not a religious man in any sense, is there anoter word for an energy like I'm discribing that does not have religious overtones to it?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
interesting topic.

certain religious people i have meet on my journey have informed me that they are FALLEN ANGELS not guardian angels. i think this is rubbish.

i beleive 100% that i am looked after by some form of energy. if this is the energy that gives me info about others...im unsure.

but i beleive 100% that its true.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"Fallen Angels" almost makes it sound like the person that passed is negative in some way. I don't think I could use that for my Aunt, she never harmed a living thing in her life, she was a kind and gentle soul. Am I wrong thinking "fallen" has negativity to it?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yeah fallen angels makes it sound as if they're really evil or something, but I don't know its kind of paradoxical, then again it may just be a figure of speech

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
fallen angel, is im told, a soul who has been refused entry from heavan. and "works for the devil" trying to manipulate people into "anti" got beliefs. with the "devil has the face of good" crap

or so im told...although i am having none of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It`s a comforting thought but why do people get so badly injured than others or why do they die if we had Angels protecting us.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
if only we had the answers to that one eh

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Weirdo, maybe it's got something to do with karma? Or my guess would be that some people who pass don't have the top secret directions regarding being a guardian.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
fallen angel, is im told, a soul who has been refused entry from heavan. and "works for the devil" trying to manipulate people into "anti" got beliefs. with the "devil has the face of good" crap

or so im told...although i am having none of it.

No one has actually gone to heaven yet, they have to wait first, but where they wait the is no time like the is here i think. Fallen angels are angels that sided with the devil aka deamons.

99% of people have guardian angels. They work hard too keep us safe. Ever been doing something and you have spun around because you have had the feeling someones behind you but no ones there?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I believe 100% of people have spirit guides or guardian angels, Some people have more than others , I also believe its a learning process for both , I believe the spirit guide learns as much as the person he/she is helping. One of my guides is a lepoard spirit which signifies protection and strength, quietly ask your guide to show you what they are, you will be surprised! sometimes they reveal themselves in dreams
I don't believe in " If your bad you go to hell bla bla bla" everyperson good or bad needs to learn about both, so if your bad in one life then you will be either a guide to learn about the consequences of your actions in a previous state, or re-born in a life where you will be taught about good and evil, just my thoughts btw.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well I was in a terrible accident once. My car got totaled and two vertebraes got crushed in my lower back. There were no angels there helping me. In fact, I've never once had any spiritual guidance or help. So here's a question for you belivers...Why does "angels" help some people, but forget about others?

JAK

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I have often wondered about this type of thing. I am now (ahem) years old. Two of my friends have comitted suicide, one straight after school and one a few years ago and I have been left with a feeling of great guilt over this. (Apparently this is a normal feeling when people you know are involved in tragic deaths).

I have had numerous incidents over the years, Motorcycle crashes and just general accidents and there have been several times when I really, honestly and genuinely have thought 'Ok, this is it.' (Quite an eye opening experience!) Only two months ago I was left lying unconcious on in the middle of a dual carrigeway on a busy sunny weekend after a motorcycle crash.

All I was left with was a couple of broken ribs, there was a police car two places behind me that stopped traffic, still though, it was 'A f****** miracle' that I wasn't ran over according to the police and ambulance workers

My friends deaths when considered with such near misses have left me thinking that there is definately a reason I am still here. I used to think that it was so I could create the daughter I have, but she's 13 now and after still more incidents I am still here, so now I am under the impression that my reason for surviving is to bring here up as best I can.

I really do believe this. I believe we all have a purpose. I can't see any other reason why my two friends who were such great people would be gone and I would still be here.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Maybe certain people would be better as spirits than as being humans? I mean, you're still alive, theres no reason to think it couldn't have been worse. I've had stitches at least a dozen times, surgery 3, and i got a broken bone in my face that i probably won't get surgery for. If the main impact on my face was less than an inch above where it hit, my temple would have been crushed, my temple was all bruised and a little bloody as it was. Despite all the bad things, I still have the feeling something has been looking after me. I always seem to get myself in trouble, no freak accidents though, and I always come out relatively fine and I am truly grateful.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Rain
Well I was in a terrible accident once. My car got totaled and two vertebraes got crushed in my lower back. There were no angels there helping me. In fact, I've never once had any spiritual guidance or help. So here's a question for you belivers...Why does "angels" help some people, but forget about others?

well Surreal_rain You came out of a potentially fatal experience, ok not unscathed but alive, i too had a near miss and that was the way i looked at it,
angels don't always appear obvious, those that do were lucky.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why people believe that if they survive an accident, that they hold some special purpose in life. Such is not the case, life is about dealing with whatever sh*t comes our way, if we survive that, then we may as well prepare ourselves for even more sh*t.
Most people never do anything significant with their lives anyways, for instance look at me...the world would be the same place if I did get killed in the accident.
Every body wants to believe that their special. That's why people turn to religion, but the truth is, our purpose is no greater than that of any other species.

JAK

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Surreal_Rain I don't think that I am special because I susvived any of these incidents, in fact I have had real problems dealing with the suicides of both of my friends and the immense feelings of guilt that that has left me with. Hardly a feeling of being special. Through these incidents though I have been drawn to the thought that there is a purpose for which I am alive. Not just me, but everyone on the planet.

For some it might be to become President of the USA and invade Iraq to gain revenge for our Daddies previous failure to resolve the situation satisfactorily! For others it may be just to pass on what knowlege we have to whoever we happen to meet in out lives.

I have no feeling of superiority, of sense of some great calling. I am presently of the mind that I am here to bring up and educate my daughter as best I can. Hardly a world shattering destiny, (although who knows what she might achieve in here life), but that I feel is my purpose.

It maybe that it's just my way of dealing with the tragic deaths of my friends - I don't know, it's just the feeling I have. We all have a reason for being here, we all have something to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Two of my friends have comitted suicide, one straight after school and one a few years ago and I have been left with a feeling of great guilt over this. (Apparently this is a normal feeling when people you know are involved in tragic deaths).

Suicide, I've heard, is mostly a selfish act.

I had a very dear friend who committed suicide several years ago (she was a mother, a soon to be grandmother, a wife with a devoted husband who provided for her like she was a queen). And I, like you, felt that same guilt because I thought to myself, 'Why didn't I do something different, say something different, why wasn't I a better friend to her and WHY didn't I see it coming?'

And then I thought, even if I knew all of the right words to say to her, even if I was the most caring friend she'd ever had, even if I did do things differently where she was concerned.. she STILL would have taken her life.

Your friends chose death just as my friend chose death.. deal with the issues that cause you to feel the guilt and then move on with your life. These thoughts and feelings of guilt can take up an enormous amount of your time.. I've been 'there'.

My friends deaths when considered with such near misses have left me thinking that there is definately a reason I am still here.

I can't see any other reason why my two friends who were such great people would be gone and I would still be here.

There is a reason you're still here... You choose LIFE.

AngelIC

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well, I believe my name says that I do..

Angel experiences are something that I've always been curious about. Whether they are the heavenly angels adorned in glowing white light, spirit guides that help us along the way or the lowly man on the street corner that has that special twinkle in his eyes that seems to tell me that he's more than just a man... I believe.

Angels are out there.. and I not only believe... I C them.

Angel(IC)

<<   2 >>

join