It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.7 Earthquake Hits India

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Apologies to all....been having a few drinks and laughing at the doom and gloom with my friends. As I stated in my original post...No Offense.

I respectfully disagree with the direction of this thread...but hey....to each their own.

You know when you only have, say, 15 events per year (using the 7-7.9 as an example) and one year the number is 14, the next is 16...each of those years is considered statistically significant because it's more than the +/- 5%....but it's not significant when viewed on a cyclic basis...and the ups/downs of years past.

I look at the 2010 numbers and see a pattern that is essentially right on "schedule" with the average pattern for EQ occurrence. Nothing anomalous...nothing worthy of raising an eyebrow.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Quick question ... did you make this appology to the people on the thread 'after' your friends left ?

Because that would make you as shallow as this quake wouldn't it.

On topic;

I have to say that I personally feel that things really do seem to be occurring with more regularity ... at a stronger level.

So another question to you (as you seem to be on top of the facts and figures) ... compared to other records, how do the figures sit as far as time is concerned ... for example do the number of quakes seem closer together in the year so far (which would leave time for more than usual to occur) ... or is it the same as usual ?

Woody

BTW - for future reference acting like a t ! t doesn't make you look big ... it only makes people lose respect for you.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by woodwytch]

<< 1   >>

join