It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this girl doing? Is this chi energy caught on film?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Some strange stuff going on in this video. What better place to show it than here at ATS. Is this a hoax guys or what?

In viewing the video 3 times and reading the girls comments to replies I think she is actually levitating this card with her mind.

What is up with her hands? and also you can see smoke like gas coming up from the card in some shots.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I didn't see anything. Maybe she got some 40X salvia?

2nd line

link   
The card is black
The background is black

The card is black
The couch in the background is black

I am watching and I don't actually see anything. It looks like she has a black shiny piece of cardboard and maybe a light source on the ground that reflects a little off of the card. If you look, you will see that the card isn't really levetating at all. At least it doesn't appear to be. It appears to be balanced on the tips of her fingers, but not levetated.

I'd have to see a different angle, different background, or something else before I would believe this.

To me, it just looks like a trick with light bouncing off of a black card and it looks like there is a little space between her hand and the card. But if you really look you will see it is still touching her finger tips.

link   
Double posted
I don't know how it happened.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OK, levitating aside for a moment. What is up with her hands?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, I kinda feel that was a waste of time. She didn't do anything. I think she was shining a light under it a couple of times to give the impression of weightlessnes...you can even possibly hear it clicking on and off.

Nope...nothing there to see at all. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

so I guess that means you have no clue whats up with her hands?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok, get a piece of shiny cardboard like hers. It will work best if it is black probably. Get a light on the ground under the card shining up. Get yourself a black background like hers. Then practice balanceing the card on just the tips of three fingers. Slowly move your middle finger so the card rests on only two fingers now. Then tilt the card upwards a little so the light on the ground is reflecting off of it. Tell everyone that the front of the card is now starting to levetate. Move the card around so that light hits the bottom of it, reflecting your fingers and giving the impression that there is space.

I bet you could pretty much recreate the whole things. Hold your hand near the camera and tell everyone that your fingers are swelling. Your hand will be near the camera and look a bit larger. You will have suggested that your fingers are swelling, so your audience will anticipate this and think they see this.

I bet you could recreate this whole thing.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think I noticed a very slight swelling of her fingers but the card still appeared to be touching her fingers the whole time - therefore the card was not levitating.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I didn't see anything either. I didn't see any sparks or smoke. It looks like a lame attempt at a David Blaine trick...Sorry.

Cheers!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Heh, this would be 'chi' energy captured on film. There was nothing remarkable about her video, I'm sorry. :/

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wash222

When did Pamela Anderson think she could be David Copperfield?

Here is some real card majic

[edit on 11/6/10 by atlasastro]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I your fingers sweat a lil you can "levitate" a card all the time. I didnt see anything out of the ordinary either...I had a buddy that was trying to "levitate" a 30 watt light bulb in the palm of his hand cause he knew he could yet I astounded him by doing it before he could. He was on meth so he was sweating more than me. He lacked coordination....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic about most of this stuff , and I didn't see anything but misdirection going on. Not very good at it either.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I did not see anything. No levitation going on there. And her fingers didn't look swelled to me, just a little closer to the camera than the other hand making it appear bigger.. That was pitiful ................

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The hand in question was always "fat". I think it's someone elses hand.
I also didn't see anything float.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Can I get the past 6:39 seconds of my life back please?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I do not see anything amazing in this video, but I think her hand DID swell. However, mine also swells like that if I hold it up like that for a few minutes. It's a circulation thing - not everyone's hand does it, but it is not anything super special either.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The fingers look bigger because that hand is closer to the camera, and maybe there is some natural swelling going on for some other reason. The reason it doesn't look that way to her in real life is because from her perspective that hand is farther away. . . and she's an idiot.

It doesn't even look like it's levitating, she just says it is over and over. And what's with the end when she decides "make it jump" for us? She just tilts it until it slips off of her fingers. . .

First of all there is no interesting effect demonstrated here. Second of all, even if the card had levitated like she said it would, doesn't common sense make you pretty suspicious of someone claiming to do real magic when that "real" magic trick happens to be exactly the same as a trick done constantly by slight of hand magicians who are admittedly not using "real" magic?

"You know the first attraction I ever built when I came down south from Scotland? Was a Flea Circus, Petticoat Lane. Really quite wonderful. We had a wee trapeze, a roundabout - - a merry-go - - what you call it? A carousel - - and a seesaw. They all moved, motorized of course, but people would swear they could see the fleas. "I see the fleas, mummy! Can't you see the fleas?" Clown fleas, high wire fleas, fleas on parade..."
-John Hammond, Jurassic Park

Flea Circuses belong in hoax sections.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wash222
reply to post by westcoast

so I guess that means you have no clue whats up with her hands?

Her fingers appear fat the entire time, it has to di with the camera lens. I truly feel like I wasted valuable time of my life, watching this vide as nothing at all happened. Talk about a misleading title. This needs to go into the hoax thread or trash bin. At least put a disclaimer in the title, stating that nothing really happens unless you *imagine it.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join