It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get up a million dollars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Rough Estimation!!

2 10 inch pipes can handle 1.5 million gallons a day.
1 gusher (not Deep Water) putting out 2 million gallons a day.

On the shore, Alabama or Mississippi, build a 1 1/2 story building of concrete over re-bar.
On the shore side have 5 -10 inch valves to which you attach your 10 inch hoses (5 - 200 mile long hoses).

Float the building and hoses to the site, lower it, and the pressure will send the oil up the pipes.

The State or company who does this first gets all that free oil. You did not drill it, you just got it as it came out of the ground.

Let whoever thinks they own the oil take you to court. See how public opinion thinks of them.

Cost, less then 1 million dollars. Anyone got a million dollars?
Yes it is crude.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Probably doable.

I have a hard time buying the first cap freezing up and not working ... and then instead of adding a heater to the damn thing they try all these other outlandish ideas.

These guys work with complicated and much more delicate equipment at this depth all the time. It just doesn't add up.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is one of the most logical solutions I've seen thus far. Considering BP is fielding 10,000 suggestions right now I'd imagine this is one of them. But knowing BP they wont even consider one of them unless its profit making.

On a better note BP's stock is down more than 40% since the April spill. I guess its a good time to buy stock!?!?!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Someone will take you to court for that money and it will cost far more than the $1 million made and that "someone" knows it but they will have a full time team of attornies on the payroll anyway so it isn't any sweat off their back, that's what they do. The winner winds up being the one who was willing to spend more resources. "They" won't mind because they will be sending a message to anyone who even thinks of walking in your shoes. Not only that, you will then have the frustration and stress that court brings, only to find out that the courts have nothing to do with justice and everything to do with having the who's in your pocket. Prepare for at least 10 years of court battles before your money is available, not earning interest but by then, the dollar will have collapsed anyway so you might be able to buy a loaf of bread with it.

That's even saying that you have a refinery to refine the chemical laden crude. You will most likely be black-listed by "big-oil" who owns all of the crude. Not to fret though, CITGO will refine it for you, however due to TPTB, you will most likely be arrested for supporting terrorism by refining your crude with CITGO since those powers don't like the economic revolution that has gotten into the good people of Venezuela. How dare those people want freedom from oppression by US corporate interests.

Then, you would most likely have to get permits to even operate your rigged oil-sucker. Something that will surely be hard to get and expensive.

To top it all off, you will have to heavily invest in employees, safety gear, licensing and permit fees. After it's all said in done, you will only spend a ton of money to have your profits locked up for about 10 years or more with a possibility of losing it all due to the corrupt court system. See above...

When it's all said and done, 10 - 15 years later when you spend $5 million in court, $100,000 in preperation, liscensing and permits and you wind up losing that $1 million in court anyway, you will then have to pay capital gains taxes on it, probably in the neighborhood of 70%.

So, in then end, you will be down around $5.8 million dollars, your health form the stress and your family from the frusteration. You will most likely have gone gray and bald and your outlook on life will be more dry than it is today.

Be my guest though and let me know how it turns out.

--airspoon

[edit on 11-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

That is a hilariously entertaining, sadly, factual assesment of this idea.

BP has already shown ideas mean nothing. If they don't own half they company they aren't funding it.

Your idea sounds credible just not quite as good as the pyramid cap spraying a gas to disapate crystals. But the hoses added to that idea is brilliant.

new topics

top topics

join